Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet up

Options
  • 12-06-2010 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

I get the feeling that not too many people would show up to this if it was organised, but I'd be interested in seeing how many people would like to go out.

Don't have a date in mind yet, just seeing who's up for it, though thinking around the end of June.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Although I doubt most people would show up, it would be interesting too see how many do. If it does go ahead just don't do it on the 25th, or 26th :P I'm gone to Limerick vs Cork, and Dublin City Zombie Walk those days :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We've tried this a few times before. Limerick_Dude, 99er and I were the only people who showed up :o

I'd be up for a meet-up again if I thought more people would go to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd be up for a meet-up again if I thought more people would go to it.

Where's the common interest?

In the Motoring forum we have a private forum where members often meet up but we have a common interest. I don't find a common interest in the Limerick City forum, heck I don't even live in Limerick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Berty wrote: »

Why, complaining about everything and anything, of course! :D

Why, complaining about everything and anything, of course! :D

Im intrigued and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

In the Motoring forum we have a private forum where members often meet up but we have a common interest. I don't find a common interest in the Limerick City forum, heck I don't even live in Limerick.

Don't mean to be a cow, but why are you writing in the limerick forum then?

Well I would consider a meet up in other forums only they're just about always in Dublin.

Don't mean to be a cow, but why are you writing in the limerick forum then?

I said I don't even LIVE IN LIMERICK.

I never said I wasn't FROM LIMERICK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I'd love to meet up with all me virtual friends and contributors on here....but I will be out of the country for my first holiday ever between 18-25th so anyday after that and count me in...:D

Ok, so not between the 18th and 26th. So how do people feel about not doing it on a weekend? Or does the weekend suit everyone best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭AlmostFamous

I would be up for it but I would be a bit nervous too in case everybody already had their clicks and people didn't talk me cos I've no virtual freinds from boards.ie.

• Advertisement

I would be up for it but I would be a bit nervous too in case everybody already had their clicks and people didn't talk me cos I've no virtual freinds from boards.ie.

Awh, well I'm definitely not part of any 'click'. But the point of it is so people can talk. I think you may be overestimating the amount of people that will turn up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i'd be up for this, i was thinking lately with the nice weather we had and what have you that i'd post for a meet up in the locke bar or somewhere, so if this goes ahead it'd be cool, i just thought it'd be a bit random and shot down in seconds if i posted it... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes I'll be up for this as well. Will be in Tenerife from the 26th to the 5th of July tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Will it end up us all giving out about Limerick and complaining about stuff??!! :p

Will it end up us all giving out about Limerick and complaining about stuff??!! :p

Im still uber concerned about the green lines still on our roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'd defo be up for it.I went to a few Ladies Lounge meetups when I was in Dublin and really enjoyed them. As long as its not the weekend of the 5th July Im ok. Friday or Thursday would suit me best

so now it looks like the 25th June to 5th July are out? We'll never get it going at this rate! :D

Well how about next week? The 17th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Im still uber concerned about the green lines still on our roads.

Hahaha Love it

Well I dunno about the rest of you, but that's generally what I do with my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

post a time and place, bird is back on the boards after a hiatus and wouldnt mind a meetup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 yummymummy2

Awh, well I'm definitely not part of any 'click'. But the point of it is so people can talk. I think you may be overestimating the amount of people that will turn up :)

part of other forums but fairly new to boards.ie so id say i dont really quallify to meet and join in on the games at such an early stage, what do ye think:confused:
    most of ye probably know each other a bit anyway.;)

part of other forums but fairly new to boards.ie so id say i dont really quallify to meet and join in on the games at such an early stage, what do ye think:confused:
    most of ye probably know each other a bit anyway.;)

I don't know about anyone else in here, but I don't know anyone on boards, except for one person I'm friends with that I know in real life. Doesn't matter how long you're around, sure come along anyway! Everyone's welcome.

It's up to yourself.

But where's everyone on deciding about next Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I would rather drive nails through my fingers

no offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    no offence.

Then why post it? :confused:

Leave this thread for the people who want to meet, and stop trying to pick a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Mr E wrote: »
    Then why post it? :confused:

Leave this thread for the people who want to meet, and stop trying to pick a fight.

I was just letting people know my feeling on the matter. I'm sure there were a number of posters (Raiser) in this forum on tenterhooks waiting to know if I would be attending or not, but unfortunately I have to disappoint them on this occassion.

Stop trolling, man.... seriously. Last warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Mr E wrote: »
    Stop trolling, man.... seriously. Last warning.
    :rolleyes: Is the Limerick city forum the most overly moderated on boards.ie?

I think so

Jigga wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Is the Limerick city forum the most overly moderated on boards.ie?

I think so

They volunteer their time to do this. Give them a break. :rolleyes:

I got 2 reported posts saying that itsdacraic was trolling. What am I supposed to do? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

we did a xmas one, i think we had 4 people over the course of the night.

Advertisement