Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swype

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

baraca wrote: »
    Thanks, I installed slide-it works fine for me! I'll try out swype tomorrow.

Ye, I used that for a while but just preferred swype.. all the same function though really, only small differences with speed and accuracy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm going to resurrect this thread, instead of starting a new one - as the topic is the same.

I use swype instead of the standard keyboard. I find it much quicker to type with.

However, a few weeks after each flash (SGS2) I'm finding that the accuracy of swype nose dives. It's as if swype gets "dumber", the more I use it.

I'm 'swyping' words I use regularly and it throws up completely random words I hardly ever (if ever) use.
    The word I actually want and use most often for that swype sequence is way down the suggested list.

Does anyone else find this? Am I going mad?

Cheers, BN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I'm going to resurrect this thread, instead of starting a new one - as the topic is the same.

I use swype instead of the standard keyboard. I find it much quicker to type with.

However, a few weeks after each flash (SGS2) I'm finding that the accuracy of swype nose dives. It's as if swype gets "dumber", the more I use it.

I'm 'swyping' words I use regularly and it throws up completely random words I hardly ever (if ever) use.
    The word I actually want and use most often for that swype sequence is way down the suggested list.

Does anyone else find this? Am I going mad?

Cheers, BN

I know exactly what you mean - it's such a stupid flaw that it prioritises new or obscure words. For example when I swype for 'get' it always shows me 'Getty'. For such a good method of text input it's rage inducing that it throws out these things making it so cumbersome having to go back over your text and correct everything.

I stopped using Swype for ages because of this and came back to it in the hopes they'd have this flaw sorted out but it seems it's still there. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yep, very frustrating alright. My misses has the latest beta and she finds the same.

I'm finding myself going back to touch typing. Are the alternatives any better? SlideIt etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I switched from swype to swiftkey and have never looked back, find it much better with no silly mistakes and more basically simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Yeah I suppose the assumption for the algorithm is that you are more likely to use a custom word over a dictionary word, trying to adapt to the colloquialisms for each user I guess.

It's not the best solution; but I tend not to save custom words that I know I won't use that often.

Other than the issue of customs words getting preference in prediction, I don't find it to get any more inaccurate over time..

Have you tried sliding down towards accuracy in the accuracy/speed settings? Probably a silly question, but best to ask in case..

Advertisement