Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swype

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I'm trying to use it with HTC hero but it says that it has the wrong screen size. Help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Anyone know if there's anyway I can get this now? Unfortunately after rooting the Desire they took Shapewriter off the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dave147 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's anyway I can get this now? Unfortunately after rooting the Desire they took Shapewriter off the market.

http://www.swypeinc.com/myswype.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I got swype just after the OP was posted had been using it no problems. I updated to Froyo just a few days ago and now it's saying the trial has expired :( Installed using the same file as above. My brother has also had his disabled and swyping no longer works (The swype keyboard can still be used, but not in the swype way).

Any solution to get this back?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Try shapewriter instead. I prefer it myself having used both it and Swype.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestion :) is shapewriter free? I hear it hasn't got extra characters in the default keyboard the way swype does?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

cormie wrote: »
    I got swype just after the OP was posted had been using it no problems. I updated to Froyo just a few days ago and now it's saying the trial has expired :( Installed using the same file as above. My brother has also had his disabled and swyping no longer works (The swype keyboard can still be used, but not in the swype way).

Any solution to get this back?

If you were in the beta you just uninstall both the installer and the app, browse to the beta.swype.com website from your phone, login and get your invite email sent again and download the files (few mb). install etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Saadyst wrote: »
    If you were in the beta you just uninstall both the installer and the app, browse to the beta.swype.com website from your phone, login and get your invite email sent again and download the files (few mb). install etc.

I did this and it's back working again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

What about for those who aren't on the Beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Bah, mine has gone too and I wasn't part of the Beta group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Just downloading this now...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/09/02/swiftkey-receives-a-substantial-update-multitouch-better-voice-recognition-less-lag/

...might keep me busy until I find a leaked Swype apk. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've got some working version on my Desire now.

Hope they just release the paid version of this soon so I don't have to be worrying about it's future expiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I've got some working version on my Desire now.

Hope they just release the paid version of this soon so I don't have to be worrying about it's future expiration.

Where did you get the working version?

My Nexus One did a system update this morning and now Swype isn't working.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Something funny - when I re-boot my desire, Swype stops working completely, I have to un-install and start again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

alright. i want to try a new keyboard. i cant get Swype because the beta is closed and shapewriter is no longer available.

anyone know how i can get either of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

What device do you have? I thought I didn't have it on my Galaxy but it just wasn't enabled in Input Options (long press on any text box and change it)

Otherwise there's SlideIT which I believe is similar.

Is it true the new Swype has a button for Google Voice commands? Only on 2.2 though yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

alright. I have a Desire. I found some apk of Swype online but it doesnt work for me, gives some error about screen size.

Aghhh, the new one I got has expired now too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Looks like another Google session when I get home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I'm in the beta, but honestly I just wish they would release it already - I'm happy to pay a fiver or whatever for it, it's easily my most used app. Getting tired of having to re-develop my dictionary after every reinstall of swype :mad:

cormie wrote: »
    Aghhh, the new one I got has expired now too :(

Yeah same here, dead again!!!

PH4T wrote: »
    Yeah same here, dead again!!!

Where could I get the latest version of Swype?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Hey guys,

I don't know what the policy is so I won't post direct links. To get the latest working Swype please google "swype 2.4.44.10912 apk"

Enjoy.

Yelnahs wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I don't know what the policy is so I won't post direct links. To get the latest working Swype please google "swype 2.4.44.10912 apk"

Enjoy.

Cheers, I'm assuming 2.4 is better than 1.61 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

It is indeed, you can theme it and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Saadyst wrote: »
    I'm in the beta, but honestly I just wish they would release it already - I'm happy to pay a fiver or whatever for it, it's easily my most used app. Getting tired of having to re-develop my dictionary after every reinstall of swype :mad:

Why are you constantly re-installing it?

Mine acts up after a reboot but all I do is switch to the default keyboard and then back to swype and it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Just went through the hassle of downloading the swype beta went to install it and it tells me my screen size is not supported, wtf?

Wildfire 2.1

EDIT: Just checked there forums swype aint configured to work on the wildfire at the moment, muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Why are you constantly re-installing it?

Mine acts up after a reboot but all I do is switch to the default keyboard and then back to swype and it's fine.

The beta requires you to clear your data before you update to the next version so you lose the entire user dictionary..
    baraca wrote: »
    Just went through the hassle of downloading the swype beta went to install it and it tells me my screen size is not supported, wtf?

Wildfire 2.1

EDIT: Just checked there forums swype aint configured to work on the wildfire at the moment, muck.

I think this version is edited for QVGA screens and working on the wildfire if you want to try it out.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9988298&postcount=38

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

C-Shore wrote: »
    I think this version is edited for QVGA screens and working on the wildfire if you want to try it out.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9988298&postcount=38

Thanks, I installed slide-it works fine for me! I'll try out swype tomorrow.

Advertisement