Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers Summertime! (this Friday in Salt House)

Options

Comments

Bierhaus
    I'll try and come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

O'Connell's
    Right where are all the alcos going drinking beforehand? Theres five of us so far haha! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

O'Connell's
    Flojo wrote: »
    Right where are all the alcos going drinking beforehand? Theres five of us so far haha! :pac:

Captain Morgans in my car,wanna join?

Parking at end of Dominic Street by the playground...

O'Connell's
    Mr.Mister wrote: »
    Captain Morgans in my car,wanna join?

Parking at end of Dominic Street by the playground...

Play...ground.... *looks excited*

Ha well was thinking about a pub or something, I could sneak the CM in my bag and fill up your drink in the bathroom? Or maybe we could get some takeaway beers and steal the swings off young children? :pac:

O'Connell's
    Play...ground.... *looks excited*

Ha well was thinking about a pub or something, I could sneak the CM in my bag and fill up your drink in the bathroom? Or maybe we could get some takeaway beers and steal the swings off young children? :pac:

Well,that's how we'll be starting of if you care to join... Classy guy i am!

hahaha...

• Advertisement

O'Connell's
    Well,that's how we'll be starting of if you care to join... Classy guy i am!

hahaha...

Cool few other peeps wanna meet up beforehand aswell. Might get a few cans in an offy or something!

O'Connell's
    Cool few other peeps wanna meet up beforehand aswell. Might get a few cans in an offy or something!

Yeah,we meet there so... Bushing pre drinks. Yay!

O'Connell's
    Yeah,we meet there so... Bushing pre drinks. Yay!

Bushing pre drinks haha! Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Townhouse
    Many a times have I ended up in that playground after hours with a good wineese bottle of wine! So what time is pre-drinks starting at?

O'Connell's
    Columc wrote: »
    Many a times have I ended up in that playground after hours with a good wineese bottle of wine! So what time is pre-drinks starting at?

12am!

HA! prob around 8? Board beers will prob start at nine? So we meet at play ground for 8 maybe with drinks already got kinda thing. An hour to get locked and make a show of ourselves sounds good :D

• Advertisement

O'Connell's
    8pm at my car by the play ground.

PM me and i'll give my number to those to arange the meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

O'Connell's
    I'm meant to be going to Sligo on Friday, but all this talk of bushing is soooo tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Kelly's
    I won't be at this now. Hopefully i'll get to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Townhouse

HA! prob around 8? Board beers will prob start at nine? So we meet at play ground for 8 maybe with drinks already got kinda thing. An hour to get locked and make a show of ourselves sounds good :D

Meeting up with random you met over the internet at a playground. What can go wrong :) haha, hopefully my monies has arrived in my bank by then :)

O'Connell's
    Columc wrote: »
    Meeting up with random you met over the internet at a playground. What can go wrong :) haha, hopefully my monies has arrived in my bank by then :)

If not hun I can spot you a few pints! You can get me back at the next beers. :pac:

We know the same peoples..won't be that hard to hunt you down muh haha

O'Connell's
    I'm meant to be going to Sligo on Friday, but all this talk of bushing is soooo tempting.

Screw Sligo..come bushing with us! :pac:

O'Connell's
    biko wrote: »
    Cue the "I know I voted, but now something has come up" posts ;)
    I'll try not to be one of them this time... Haha.
    Asmodean wrote: »
    Are ye all easy to get along with lads? Because I'l be honest I can get very nervous meeting people for the first time!
    Sure for the most part, it will be the same for everyone. I haven't been to any Galway boards beers or activities. It's only natural to feel a little sheepish, not knowing anyone. Give it 5 mins and you'll be having a whale of a time.
    Or we get a boards sign to put on the table.
    I'll print it out so. ;) I'm actually being serious. I probably will. To avoid the awkwardness of looking for peeps myself, I'll just arrive early and claim a table in the name of Boards.
    Carolyyn wrote: »
    Although I recall I sat at the wrong table when I came along to my first one, that was a bit embarrassing...
    Brilliant... :D

Something similar happened to a mate in Monroes. A big group of us were meeting up in there and had planned to order in pizza from next door.

Yer man walks in, sees a big table with lots of people around it and a pizza in the middle. He leans in to bag a slice, says "Yay... Pizza" and as he looks around him while picking it up realises that the people at the tables are all strangers...

He just left the slice back down and stepped backwards and retreated to the bar. We were all laughing uncontrollably in the corner. Good times!
    Screw Sligo..come bushing with us!
    Maybe bushing with some randoms isn't exactly up my street, but meetin up earlier in an actual pub might. (Defeating the purpose of being early and drinkin cheap stuff I know...)

O'Connell's
    This time tomorrow i'll be drinking some Captain Morgans at me car near the playground.

O'Connell's
    This time tomorrow we'll be drinking some Captain Morgans and beers at me car near the playground.

Corrected your post Mr :pac:

O'Connell's
    Corrected your post Mr :pac:

Correct it away... I just go with the... Flow Jo!

Yes i did just say that *cringe*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

O'Connell's
    ha, I might head to this, sounds like it will be fun. guarantee ya that a visit to the chinese for wine after pubs will take place, uhh, hehe. what time are people arranged to meet up in salthouse at? so drinks beforehand is at the playground at 8? this weather is awful for outdoor drinking though ha

O'Connell's
    Will the Salthouse have any music? Wouldn't mind a bit of music, but not too fussed.

Never been in there before myself. I didn't even know where it was.

O'Connell's
    telepylus wrote: »
    ha, I might head to this, sounds like it will be fun. guarantee ya that a visit to the chinese for wine after pubs will take place, uhh, hehe. what time are people arranged to meet up in salthouse at? so drinks beforehand is at the playground at 8? this weather is awful for outdoor drinking though ha

Yup if we pray for a nice day and do an anti rain dance tonight before bed, we should be ok! :D

I think Salthouse could be nine or ten but yeap playground at 8!

@Mr.Mister is it the playground near dominick street yeah? Will have to make sure everyone has someones number etc before the night is out.

O'Connell's
    Yup if we pray for a nice day and do an anti rain dance tonight before bed, we should be ok! :D

I think Salthouse could be nine or ten but yeap playground at 8!

@Mr.Mister is it the playground near dominick street yeah? Will have to make sure everyone has someones number etc before the night is out.

Yes.

Someone can message me if they want for my number...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kelly's
    I should be in at half nine.
    Put a couple of board games on the table, definitely a Jenga anyway.
    Jenga is the secret boards beers game.

O'Connell's

Losers get dared to do something amiright? :D

O'Connell's

I dare you to tell people to there face that you'll ban them then to do it? For a day like...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kelly's
    Better not win over me in Jenga...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

O'Connell's
    cool, I will probably buzz in round half 9 or ten. keep an eye out for a lanky guy with glasses looking ponderously at the over-selection of nice beers....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

So we're meeting at the playground at 8?? for pre-beers/ spirits???

Advertisement