Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just discovered DVDs I rented 6 MONTHS AGO....what to do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I remember when Xtravision used to threaten fines if you didn't rewind the tape to the beginning for the next customer! :)

As said OP, just drop back the DVD's, the shop are happy to get them back.
    They are even happier to get a paying customer return. If you get a fine, it's won't be much, less then €10 per DVD.
    If the shop is desperate for customers you'll probably get an amnesty and can rent again with no fines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I returned a DVD to Xtra vision at xmas time. I specifically remember bringing it in and putting it on the counter. Next time I went in they said they never received it. I told them I had returned it (at this time I was spending around 20 euros a week on rentals lazy xmas hols etc. and always paid overdues before renting again). The person said I would have to speak to the manager and come back another time.

To make sure I wasn't mistaken I checked all the palces it would be. i.e. in DVD player. Either they forgot to scan it and put it back into stock or someone pinched it from the counter.

I have never been back to Xtra vision since then. It was a sh*te film and insulting that they would imagine i would have tried to keep it!!

They lost probably around 200-300 euros a year.

X

Advertisement