Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

what time does the battle start on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

The "Main Event" takes place at 12:30 on Weafer Street.

Here is a link to the brochure for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The new Takeaway on the Market Square is chocker block today - they are giving away FREE food.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,895 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The new Takeaway on the Market Square is chocker block today - they are giving away FREE food.

I drove past at 5.30 and there was easily 40 people inside !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The town centre was packed today,at last some joined up thinking combining the reenactment weekend,the Rock & Roll and food fest.It made the Strawberry Fest look even worse than it was in comparison.
    Hope the weather holds up for tomorrow on the hill.

• Advertisement

The Farmers Market should be held in the the Castle Street/Market Square area every weekend despite resistance from some backward traders - puts life back into the centre of town.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The Farmers Market should be held in the the Castle Street/Market Square area every weekend despite resistance from some backward traders - puts life back into the centre of town.

The local shops did very well today,probably their best trading day since Xmas.

Don't forget to head up to Vinegar Hill today folks:

http://vinegarhill.ie/battle-re-enactment-2015/programme-of-events-4

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Whats happening today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

The market on saturday with the food stalls was a great idea but it was too bloody awkward to get around the thing for me which would put me off going back next year.

It needs to be laid out much better, do that and they could be on to something.

• Advertisement

Seems like the Castle Bar has closed.

Not sure if it's because of the roadworks at Brownswood but the whole town was in gridlock this morning.Traffic backed up from Abbey Square to Bellfield GAA pitch.If this is the case,we have this to look forward to until October.:(

Easy know the Patron is on tomorrow,stuff being robbed off graves this week.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Don't know who's doing the resurfacing on the main road,but they've left potholes and loose chippings all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

kneemos wrote: »
    Don't know who's doing the resurfacing on the main road,but they've left potholes and loose chippings all over the place.

Drove on it yesterday, absolutely shocking surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

zerks wrote: »
    Easy know the Patron is on tomorrow,stuff being robbed off graves this week.:mad::mad:

This really is a despicable thing to do. Very,very sad to see; and upsetting for the victims.

The Patron was the usual fun yesterday....the antics in the cemetery were very interesting. The fashion show, the social meetings, the constant phone calls etc were all most diverting. Thankfully it lasted 35 mins flat.

The priest who blessed the graves using an old Ballygowan (or similar) bottle took the biscuit though.....seriously, a bloody Ballygowan bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭black & white

blindsider wrote: »
    This really is a despicable thing to do. Very,very sad to see; and upsetting for the victims.

The Patron was the usual fun yesterday....the antics in the cemetery were very interesting. The fashion show, the social meetings, the constant phone calls etc were all most diverting. Thankfully it lasted 35 mins flat.

The priest who blessed the graves using an old Ballygowan (or similar) bottle took the biscuit though.....seriously, a bloody Ballygowan bottle!

Interesting to read this, from what I saw, there was much less of the parading around during the service that previous years, I thought that someone had had a word with our nomadic cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Maybe it was just where I was (St Marys, not the main cemetery) but it was 'lots of fun'.

Maybe it was just where I was (St Marys, not the main cemetery) but it was 'lots of fun'.

Could sell tickets by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭black & white

I was in the larger cemetery in the quarter nearest to the toilets but only a couple of rows down from the top of that quarter if you know what I mean. I did see a lot of beachwear and fake tan on the way in and afterwards but just thought there was fewer of them passing during the prayers. Maybe the younger ones who have family buried in that section have grown older and no longer need to parade, I'm not sure. It was funny though before the prayers started there were three children running around asking people if they knew where "Black Mary" was buried. Hope it wasn't racist..........

• Advertisement

House fire in Friary Place.Burnt out by the looks of it.

Saw trailer for "brooklyn", Enniscorthy looks stylish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

vicwatson wrote: »
    Saw trailer for "brooklyn", Enniscorthy looks stylish.

Art there still plans to screen it in Enniscorthy ?

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Art there still plans to screen it in Enniscorthy ?

Didn't hear but would be great to have to Premier there - is the cinema still open?

Didn't hear but would be great to have to Premier there - is the cinema still open?

Thought the premier was being held here.

There's a trailer on YouTube,looks fairly twee Irish in fairness.

Going to need a lawnmower for the footpath along Castle Street and Market Square if it's not sprayed soon.

I heard that the Premier was to be in Gorey. The cinema in Enniscorthy is gone years ago - February 2011.

Looks good in a Maeve Binchy kind of way - think "Circle of Friends" or "The Lilac Bus" - and it should bring in a few more visitors.

We should rename the bridge in honour of the film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The Opea House in Wexford would be the best palce for a screening of the film

Advertisement