Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I don't know what's worse -

The fact that people prefer to walk straight out of Treacy's Hotel and 'Frogger' their way through the oncoming traffic - or the fact that the authorities put the zebra crossing 10 yards away from the main doors, that 3 seconds walk being too much for most folk.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I don't know what's worse -

The fact that people prefer to walk straight out of Treacy's Hotel and 'Frogger' their way through the oncoming traffic - or the fact that the authorities put the zebra crossing 10 yards away from the main doors, that 3 seconds walk being too much for most folk.

Similar having a zebra crossing linking Doyles Rasher counter door to Donohoes bottom bar door.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

New bike shop open in Weafer St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

I have been getting calls for the last two days from a number 053 92 39447. I don't recognise this number. I have gotten three or four calls each day from it. When I answer I just hear a whistle or alarm of some sort. If I ring back it rings out each time with no message. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Gooners wrote: »
    I have been getting calls for the last two days from a number 053 92 39447. I don't recognise this number. I have gotten three or four calls each day from it. When I answer I just hear a whistle or alarm of some sort. If I ring back it rings out each time with no message. Anyone any ideas?

92 is Enniscorthy anyway I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The Gaelscoil out in Jimmy Gahan country. Or Drumgold even.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    The Gaelscoil out in Jimmy Gahan country. Or Drumgold even.

You think that is Gaelscoil number?

No I googled it, that's not it. Is 39 not unusual?

Thanks, says 053 9237422 online.

Thanks, says 053 9237422 online.

053 92 39447 or 053 9239447 - still the same number.

As per the website -

Alternative format

+353 53 9239447
    +353539239447

• Advertisement

053 92 39447 or 053 9239447 - still the same number.

As per the website -

Alternative format

+353 53 9239447
    +353539239447

No i mean it's not official school no given on line but obviously they have more than one number. Thanks for that. Now I just need to figure out what whistle is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sent off?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Sent off?

Ha ha. I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

could be ringing a Fax-phone?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    could be ringing a Fax-phone?

I'm not ringing it. It is ringing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm not ringing it. It is ringing me.

Sorry thought you were getting the strange noises when you rang back. Misread posts :o

According to this website, their official number is 053-9237422

http://www.gaelscoileanna.ie/en/schools/primary/wexford/gaelscoil-inis-corthaidh/,

As posted already, I'd guess it is their fax machine calling your phone.

Got an EirCode for the house today... amazed I didn't have to pay a few hundred euro to have it registered and another €100 p.a. charge. Maybe it's in the pipeline.. EirCode tax.

Got an EirCode for the house today... amazed I didn't have to pay a few hundred euro to have it registered and another €100 p.a. charge. Maybe it's in the pipeline.. EirCode tax.

Will you stop giving the government ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

It cost the Nation €27m. You've already paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

And so the implosion of retail Enniscorthy continues - the Jeans shop on Rafter Street this afternoon.

The new Italian Coffee shop on the Market Square turns out to be just that - not a cafe - but a shop selling beans and coffee making machines. Bets on it lasting more than a month... . :(

shop%2B003.JPG

Del.Monte wrote: »
    And so the implosion of retail Enniscorthy continues - the Jeans shop on Rafter Street this afternoon.

The new Italian Coffee shop on the Market Square turns out to be just that - not a cafe - but a shop selling beans and coffee making machines. Bets on it lasting more than a month... . :(

It's terrible that the majority of posts in this thread are about the demise of retail in the town,people complain that we are being negative but it's the sad truth.

The Council's outrageous rates and the ownership of a lot of premises by the same few people are destroying the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

The old N11 restaurant beside the NCT Centre has re-opened under new management.

I'm in positive mode this morning and took the accompanying pics a few minutes ago. Word on the street is that the new Italian Coffee shop is going well and I'll be happy to be proved wrong on my predictions here. Apparently they do carry-out coffee and a Deli is on the way.

Elsewhere,yet another takeaway is due to open in the old Abrakebabra premises - Mariu's - Albanians (?) this time. To their credit they seem to have put in a big renovation effort. Would somebody suggest to them that they replace some of the guttering on the building or get the landlord to!

John Cloke's former (burnt-out) music shop on Weafer Street is also nearing completion and, apparently, has a new tenant.

At the bottom of Slaney Street "The Antique Tavern" continues to be an intimate watering hole but without any carpet!! I was in it for the first time since its most recent change of ownership and it's still a pleasant spot for a pint but it needs a new carpet, any carpet. Andy says I can bring a square of my own for under my stool the next time I call in but that's not quite the same. :D

Just across the street the Party shop has gone.

Meanwhile on Slaney Place Holohan's has just had a paint job but let's hope they get a signwriter this time and don't spoil the job.

More later while I'm still in a positive mood.

PS The awful Heineken banners all around the town do nothing for the appearance of the place...just saying.

Town%2B30%2BJuly%2B2015%2B001.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Roadworks N11 Blackstoops to Scarawalsh starting 5th. August for 10 weeks. Southbound diversion on old N11 and Stop - Go in place at times. Some delays expected.

Anyone know what work is going on that will take weeks?

jordata wrote: »
    Roadworks N11 Blackstoops to Scarawalsh starting 5th. August for 10 weeks. Southbound diversion on old N11 and Stop - Go in place at times. Some delays expected.

Was wondering that myself.Unless it's related to the by-pass I've no idea.
    Should be chaotic though

jordata wrote: »

Typical,resurface a road that doesn't need to be done while other roads in the area resemble something out of Syria.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Typical,resurface a road that doesn't need to be done while other roads in the area resemble something out of Syria.

Would it take ten weeks to resurface?
    Might be strenghtening or something.

Advertisement