Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kneemos wrote: »
    No expert but not sure of the merits of a footbridge from the bottom if Slaney St to the Leisure Centre,there's one there already like thirty feet away.

http://enniscorthyguardian.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/iphone/homepage.aspx#_articlebba5d3e6-b831-4aca-bef7-2eb9b832cd7b/waarticlebba5d3e6-b831-4aca-bef7-2eb9b832cd7b/bba5d3e6-b831-4aca-bef7-2eb9b832cd7b//true

Wex Co Co - great at spending others money. They'll be flush now they are getting another increase in property tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wex Co Co - great at spending others money. They'll be flush now they are getting another increase in property tax.

To be fair, I don't think they actually end up paying for infrastructure projects like that. It comes out of central government funds I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ezra_ wrote: »
    To be fair, I don't think they actually end up paying for infrastructure projects like that. It comes out of central government funds I think?

It's irrelevant really, as they will still spend taxpayers money on an unnecessary bridge, its still being wasteful of taxpayers money, whether it comes from property tax or central tax funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

If they do build that (totally and utterly unnecessary) footbridge, lets all hope that the manage to put it in the appropriate location at the first attempt (unlike operation zebra crossing).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jpb1974 wrote: »
    If they do build that (totally and utterly unnecessary) footbridge, lets all hope that the manage to put it in the appropriate location at the first attempt (unlike operation zebra crossing).

Or will they build it too low and say it was designed that way to allow the flood waters go over it??

• Advertisement

Work on the main drainage upgrade has begun up along the Turret Rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Work on the main drainage upgrade has begun up along the Turret Rocks.

2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Didn't catch his name but someone from one Enniscorthy on South East Radio this morning complaining about we don't have this we don't have that.

One part that caught my ear was the cinema he said it was successful and the openers shouldn't have closed it. What was the story with the cinema I thought it closed due to decline of customer numbers because people stopped going there due to constant trouble makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Didn't catch his name but someone from one Enniscorthy on South East Radio this morning complaining about we don't have this we don't have that.

One part that caught my ear was the cinema he said it was successful and the openers shouldn't have closed it. What was the story with the cinema I thought it closed due to decline of customer numbers because people stopped going there due to constant trouble makers.

I never heard anything about troublemakers but it always almost empty when I was there. The lack of carparking and the state of Templeshannon can't have helped. It was a great family resource. Perhaps a good site for a new one would be the old 1798 Centre when it closes/moves or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I was there one night when it got bad... a gathering ground for a certain group of juveniles with no interest in the film and no respect for any other punter inside the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

It was a stinking kip before it closed. Being over run by travellers didn't help. The Waterfront is following the same road.

LEARN%2BTO%2BDRAW.jpg

I bumped into this gentleman this morning and if you can learn to draw half as well as he can. Check out his site....http://www.desmondmccarthy.com

Del.Monte wrote: »
    LEARN%2BTO%2BDRAW.jpg

I bumped into this gentleman this morning and if you can learn to draw half as well as he can. Check out his site....http://www.desmondmccarthy.com

A lot of people in Enniscorthy are more interested in how to draw the dole,never mind art. :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

McLoughlin wrote: »

That was Ex town Councillor Jackser Owens, He lost his seat in the last election it was between him and Councillor John O Rourke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Navarre wrote: »
    That was Ex town Councillor Jackser Owens, He lost his seat in the last election it was between him and Councillor John O Rourke.

Jackser, a waste of space.

Jackser, a waste of space.

Good man for a Christmas tree though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Someone (the council) cleared all the rubbish from the old Murphy Floods site.

I was in Enniscorthy yesterday. That "busker" opposite Ulster Bank is painful. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

A girl? She is very painful

Several village idiots felt obliged to smash one of Sandro's windows in the Market Square last night.

342181948.jpg

Word on the street is that they were 'apprehended' by some citizens. ;)

Alarm going off on the former office of John Garahy solictors in Castle Street for over an hour. I don't suppose anybody here knows who owns the building now? Some of us have to live here. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Alarm going off on the former office of John Garahy solictors in Castle Street for over an hour. I don't suppose anybody here knows who owns the building now? Some of us have to live here. :mad:

I reckon its owned by 1 of the select few Hierarchy of the town.

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Someone (the council) cleared all the rubbish from the old Murphy Floods site.

:(

There's a notice of dereliction on the remaining building there directed at J Donohoes Ltd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There's a notice of dereliction on the remaining building there directed at J Donohoes Ltd.

For sale sign went up shortly afterwards.
    Gets them off the hook presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Delighted to see the street cleaning crew out at 08.30 this morning, shutting down one lane of the old bridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

ezra_ wrote:
    Delighted to see the street cleaning crew out at 08.30 this morning, shutting down one lane of the old bridge...

I was caught in that tail back, I watched them park that on the corner coming off the old bridge which meant that a bus eireann bus and school buses had to go into the right hand lane to swing past them which they were still unable to do so both lanes actually ended up blocked!
    It was almost as bad as the day I passed council workers with leaf blowers during a very bad wind storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

A girl? She is very painful

An oul lad. Fcuking painful he was! I reckon he had a few beverages on board :D

Definitely had work going on in there though,true to his word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I've had staff from the 1798 centre tell me the move is happeningso I guess they are been lied to then.

Enniscorthy does need to preposition itself as a tourist area though as I can't see much future as a retail area but its tourist attractions aren't that great either down to management and of what is actually in them and 1798 is a relative small thing in Irish history.

Advertisement