Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Wanted to buy an S Class Merc (00 to 04).

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Caddyman wrote: »
    I am one seriously happy camper as I got my new baby home yesterday!
    Even the rain didn't dampen my spirits, she is better than I thought possible! It has every toy a body could want and i just saw this morning that it has Pulse seats which I think is a back massager which suits me with my bad back...the power is unreal for such a big bus and with a 7 speed box you honestly can't tell when she is changing up or down........but best of all (so far) is the noise, a glorious V8 bark on starting and a nice rumble when pressing the pedal into the carpet......I will take a few photos and maybe a video later if the rain ever stops! :D:D:D

Take a few photos please because the link is gone and I am mad to see what you got. I love these tanks!!!. I wasnt looking at my screen properly and i opened the link for Max powers rover 75 by mistake!!!!. I was thinking wtf is all the excitment about. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Caddyman

The rain finally stopped so here is my pride and joy, definitely the best car I have owned and I have had some rare machines in my time............

SV209191.jpg

SV209197.jpg

SV209196-1.jpg

SV209195.jpg

SV209192.jpg

SV209194.jpg

SV209206.jpg

SV209211.jpg

SV209210.jpg

and she sounds lovely too............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

congrats, stunning car, best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

Very nice on the air that interior

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

What dealer or was it a private sale, slightly worried looking at the regs that u bought it off onyx , wouldn't trust that man as far as i can throw him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Sweet ride, best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Always thought the rear end of the CLs were the best part of the car, love it! Love everything except the wheels, very ordinary looking but maybe thats what you like. Fabulous car, congrats!

Our of curiosity, wheres the DVD player, in the glovebox or boot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Same. Front's bland, but I'd buy the car just for that big fat ass :D

Always thought the rear end of the CLs were the best part of the car, love it! Love everything except the wheels, very ordinary looking but maybe thats what you like. Fabulous car, congrats!

Our of curiosity, wheres the DVD player, in the glovebox or boot?

The salesman told me it was in the same slot that the sat nav disc was in which is in the boot but after half an hour looking at the seperate book on the whole "Command" system I found that the screen actually moves upwards within the wooden housing to reveal the dvd slot and whats really amazing is that it moves down to reveal a tape slot!! and me after giving my best tapes away last week as I never thought an '04 CL500 would play tapes!

CONM wrote: »
    What dealer or was it a private sale, slightly worried looking at the regs that u bought it off onyx , wouldn't trust that man as far as i can throw him

Bought it from Des Cullen AKA Dreamcars. It was on Carzone for €21,950 and I got it for a €20k and it comes with 4 new tyres as well. It is a one owner from new car with 34,000 miles, FMSH, all the options added including pulse seats which massage you and squeeze you into the seats so you dont fall over in the corners and it is totally immaculate inside and out!
    Considering it cost around €164,000 when new it has to be the bargain of the year. I looked on all the UK sites and none of them had the low milage I wanted and even the closest to mine has 20,000 more miles on it, is the wrong colour and is priced at £14,990 ( http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1637604.htm ) so change the sterling, add the VRT and several hundred getting there and back and you can see why there is no better place at the moment to buy big secondhand cars than here at home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...) so change the sterling, add the VRT and several hundred getting there and back and you can see why there is no better place at the moment to buy big secondhand cars than here at home!

...just goes to show, there is some fantastic value avail in this country. Sometimes far away hills are...........grey !

Congrats OP, fabulous.......'sfunny, we were mooching about on the same lines, lately, and this is for sale 10 miles away......... http://adrianquinn.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201011197240267

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...just goes to show, there is some fantastic value avail in this country. Sometimes far away hills are...........grey !

Congrats OP, fabulous.......'sfunny, we were mooching about on the same lines, lately, and this is for sale 10 miles away......... http://adrianquinn.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201011197240267

You won't find better in the UK I'll wager.........

A fabulous car, go for it, we are here for a good time, not a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

galwaytt wrote: »

I think I may have spotted a 968 at AutoCross yesterday :P

Cracking car OP, I like the wheels on it, they're were the nicest of the standard wheels on them :)

Health to enjoy, and get the video up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The salesman told me it was in the same slot that the sat nav disc was in which is in the boot but after half an hour looking at the seperate book on the whole "Command" system I found that the screen actually moves upwards within the wooden housing to reveal the dvd slot and whats really amazing is that it moves down to reveal a tape slot!! and me after giving my best tapes away last week as I never thought an '04 CL500 would play tapes!

Lol, would it not have been easier to press the big eject button in the middle of the dash? :D

Mine does the same, the whole screen slides down and out to reveal a tape deck. Weird that they had it in a '04 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Best of luck with her...... Fcuk the begrudgers..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi caddyman

thats one sweet sweet motor. health to drive and enjoy it, you lucky git :D:D:D

regards

brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Just wondering if anyone has any links to anything regarding the (un)reliability of the pre-facelift CL's, or things to look out for? Honest John doesn't mention it and I can't seem to find much else regarding this aspect of CL's?

Gatster wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has any links to anything regarding the (un)reliability of the pre-facelift CL's, or things to look out for? Honest John doesn't mention it and I can't seem to find much else regarding this aspect of CL's?

I believe electrics are the main problem as well as (believe it or not) RUST! in several areas. There is a 20 year rust warranty on them but they must be serviced at the main dealer.

I think I may have spotted a 968 at AutoCross yesterday :P

Cracking car OP, I like the wheels on it, they're were the nicest of the standard wheels on them :)

Health to enjoy, and get the video up :)

I am just about to put the video up....whenever youtube gives me a URL for it. Keep a look out for it and let me know what you think, of the car that is and not my lousy video skills!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I am just about to put the video up....whenever youtube gives me a URL for it. Keep a look out for it and let me know what you think, of the car that is and not my lousy video skills!!!

Are you down around this area? I most certainly will, and get the video up haha :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Are you down around this area? I most certainly will, and get the video up haha :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055981087 :D

Advertisement