Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Wanted to buy an S Class Merc (00 to 04).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Chippy01

A Lexus LS?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Caddyman

Not quite German...

Has to be a Phaeton or an M5, or....

NOPE!

Chippy01 wrote: »
    A Lexus LS?

NOPE! Its not Japanese. I did look at one alright but maybe in another few years..I am still in my forties, just...

This is what I said;
    "I have agreed a purchase of a big german car but its not an S class"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

mclaren slr?

SL 500?

Max Power1 wrote: »
    mclaren slr?

SL 500?

NOPE! but getting warm..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

... CL500?

an sl 600?

one of the AMG supercars?

(lucky fcuker lol if thats it)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Yeh, i'm gonna go for an SL variant! SL500.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    an sl 600?

one of the AMG supercars?

NOPE! But I did take a drive in a cl55 AMG, performance was epic!

... CL500?

and the man from Limerick wins the Cigar!!!!!
    Correct and right its a CL500 and I am really looking forward to getting my hands on her!!!!!
    I will post photos when I get her home which should be at the weekend so stay tuned to this channel................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

The CL is only one of 2 cars that I ever pulled up alongside and thought, "Basta*d!"

Congratulations!
    (Basta*d)

The CL is only one of 2 cars that I ever pulled up alongside and thought, "Basta*d!"

Congratulations!
    (Basta*d)

Thanks Stevie Dakota, I had the same feeling several times when I would see a suit driving one around the city centre while he is on his mobile but now due to the dual powers of depreciation and recession I will soon be that "B" in the CL500...:D

Very expensive cars if things go wrong... IIRC a cat is nearly 1k +vat!

BUT, but, but, they are a fantastic piece of machinery, my god. The space, the presence and not to mention the performance, all just unreal.

Fair play, best of luck with it and enjoy it, they're a great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mercservices

Cl's give a bit of trouble,nothing that could'nt be sorted by someone in the know;)

Cl's give a bit of trouble,nothing that could'nt be sorted by someone in the know;)

Aye, true... Not someone with their website account suspended though, who'd want to use those guys :rolleyes::p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mercservices

Aye, true... Not someone with their website account suspended though, who'd want to use those guys :rolleyes::p:p
    thanks for that,didnt know.better get that done

Very expensive cars if things go wrong... IIRC a cat is nearly 1k +vat!

BUT, but, but, they are a fantastic piece of machinery, my god. The space, the presence and not to mention the performance, all just unreal.

Fair play, best of luck with it and enjoy it, they're a great car.

Many thanks!
    I was told not to buy a pre 2003 car so I took that advice and went for a 2004 so hopefully that will keep some of the gremlins away for as long as possible.....

Cl's give a bit of trouble,nothing that could'nt be sorted by someone in the know;)[/QUOTE

Is that the pre 2003 facelift model you are talking about that gives trouble?..which is what I heard.

• Advertisement

Caddyman wrote: »
    Are you really a Clairvoyant?

Yes actually, yes I am :P

Congrats, look gorgeous, low miles too!

Edit: I need not ask, but I'm assuming it's got two years fresh test?

Yes actually, yes I am :P

Congrats, look gorgeous, low miles too!

Edit: I need not ask, but I'm assuming it's got two years fresh test?

Being looked after by the garage FOC in August when the test is due plus it has new 4 tyres and a new service..........:)

gorgeous car.. absolutley a great looker! And a rocket with a 5 litre engine too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

That is SAVAGE!!

Best of luck with it...b*stard:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭sk8board

well wear, class car.
    Most of us get caught up in the cost of tax, mpg and maintenance, but thats a 150k car for the price of a new Golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

That is an obscene amount of car for €21k!!!! Sure you don't want a new 1.4 Golf instead, it may have electric rear windows? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Oh yeah - pure class. Well wear :D

Enjoy :D:D:D

My guess is that car was about €160k new in Ireland 6 years ago. And it's costing you about the same as a new base VW Golf 1.4 now. What kinda warranty did you get with her?

That is an obscene amount of car for €21k!!!! Sure you don't want a new 1.4 Golf instead, it may have electric rear windows? ;)

I would make a nice few bob if you want to give me €21k :D

unkel wrote: »
    Oh yeah - pure class. Well wear :D

Enjoy :D:D:D

My guess is that car was about €160k new in Ireland 6 years ago. And it's costing you about the same as a new base VW Golf 1.4 now. What kinda warranty did you get with her?

Only 3 months but they will look after the NCT when it is due next month!
    I think she was €164k in 2004 so you are bang on!
    Either way she is a lotta car for the money.........thats the big car market in Ireland today.....thank you Mr Gormless & Mr Biffopotamus for making my dreams come true :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I am one seriously happy camper as I got my new baby home yesterday!
    Even the rain didn't dampen my spirits, she is better than I thought possible! It has every toy a body could want and i just saw this morning that it has Pulse seats which I think is a back massager which suits me with my bad back...the power is unreal for such a big bus and with a 7 speed box you honestly can't tell when she is changing up or down........but best of all (so far) is the noise, a glorious V8 bark on starting and a nice rumble when pressing the pedal into the carpet......I will take a few photos and maybe a video later if the rain ever stops! :D:D:D

Advertisement