Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Video of my Merc CL500 (2004) For all who helped me find her!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,237 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sweet!

Well wear. Enjoy the luxury and the V8! :D

Is the Roller yours as well? :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Absolutely awesome! Love the V8!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Caddyman

unkel wrote: »
    Sweet!

Well wear. Enjoy the luxury and the V8! :D

Is the Roller yours as well? :eek:

Thanks Unkel!

Yeah the Roller is mine, I bought it on ebay 5 years ago, my first purchase using ebay! Its been featured on the Silver Shadow website as I am told its the only Rolls Royce in the Onyx and Highland Green colour combination in the world. There are two others in Onyx only remaining out of 6 made in that colour. Its a great car to go to shows in and I have had it in shows in Wales a couple of times as well.
    Here is the link if you are interested;

http://www.rrsilvershadow.com/EGall/ERRSSII1978SRH35711.htm

Absolutely awesome! Love the V8!

Thanks Alanstrainor. I did test drive a CL55 AMG K but it would be hard to live with the noise it made plus it was twice the price of the one I bought and had almost twice the milage and was a year older to boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Nice car. Like the sliding sat nav screen too, Ive never seen that before.
    That rolls looks about as good as Ive seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,237 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BTW was the CL500 owned from new by a certain hotelier, Mr O'C********?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Love that interior, absolutely immaculate.

One thing that strikes me as something of a disappointment is the power output, 306bhp from a 5 litre V8? Even BMWs 2002 4.5l V8 produced 330bhp, I would have thought the CL would be in the 340+ range.

Still, not to be sniffed at!

unkel wrote: »
    BTW was the CL500 owned from new by a certain hotelier, Mr O'C********?

I honestly don't know. I was told that the car was traded in against a Bently Continental. I would of course be interested in knowing more about it's history so send me a PM if you know more about her. I would guess it was not used by a family as it looks as though the back seats were never used!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Very cool video! Any chance the sequel will feature the other motors in your garage? :pac:

mickdw wrote: »
    Nice car. Like the sliding sat nav screen too, Ive never seen that before.
    That rolls looks about as good as Ive seen.

Thanks mickdw!

Yeah it's not bad for a 6 year old car!

• Advertisement

Absurdum wrote: »
    Very cool video! Any chance the sequel will feature the other motors in your garage? :pac:

Will do ASAP weather permitting!

Love that interior, absolutely immaculate.

One thing that strikes me as something of a disappointment is the power output, 306bhp from a 5 litre V8? Even BMWs 2002 4.5l V8 produced 330bhp, I would have thought the CL would be in the 340+ range.

Still, not to be sniffed at!

Believe me it's more than enough power as after all it is a cruiser first and foremost. Another reason I suppose why Mercedes didn't give it more power is that when they were launched the CL55 AMG which had 360BHP, it had to have a clear power advantage over the CL500 otherwise why buy it and since 2003 the CL55 got the Supercharger or Kompressor as Mercedes call it to give it 500BHP! so if you want maximum power then that was the choice to make. I test drove one CL55 (K) and it was a hell of a car but the noise was giving out the message that the driver was a bit of a boy racer type and that's not why I bought this car. I bought it as a cruising machine that I could flick into sports mode and a semi auto box and press the go faster pedal if I felt like a bit of fun but you don't attract the young fella in his twin cam corrolla sitting on your tail every time you go for a spin as this is what happens every time the Porsche is taken out for a drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Fabulous car - I'm so jealous ...well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Sweet car - absolutely my favourite recent M-B model. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Very nice.

What sort of mpg are you getting from her so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭techman

Thanks for posting the video.

Lovely car and a great buy.

Some day, I'll have one or let me know if you ever decide to sell!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Caddyman wrote: »
    I honestly don't know. I was told that the car was traded in against a Bently Continental. I would of course be interested in knowing more about it's history so send me a PM if you know more about her. I would guess it was not used by a family as it looks as though the back seats were never used!

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

AlanD wrote: »
    Very nice.

Wouldnt be the sort of car you'd be expecting anything better than high teens/early 20s from....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

An absolute beaut of a barge.. only 35k miles and in spotless condition..

Ya jammy git!!! :D

Love the Rolls too by the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

So many buttons on the door and then even more under the seat!! Mental! :D

Lovely car, best of luck with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

savage car........

your one lucky fecker :D

enjoy and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dergside

Re. the Silver Shadow, lovely car. I seem to recall seeing one of a very similar (if not the same) colour a few times in Mullingar (around Castle Street) in very late 1978. As a kid with a passion for cars and sponge for a memory and detail, it stood out because it was unregistered (on trade plates) and had the headlamp wash-wipe, an exotic new upgrade for 1979 iirc. I may be wrong on this but have a vague recollection that it may have ended up on a Wicklow reg plate.

AlanD wrote: »
    Very nice.

28ish......I have to be short as I am typing this in the Apple Store on a new iPad in the Bull Ring in Birmingham!
    Brilliant bit of kit....like a huge iPhone!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

28ish......I have to be short as I am typing this in the Apple Store on a new iPad in the Bull Ring in Birmingham!
    Brilliant bit of kit....like a huge iPhone!

So you have a CL500, a Rolls-Royce and a Porsche. Now your telling us you have an iPad - we get it, you're rich :D (and I'm jealous)

RedorDead wrote: »
    Sweet car - absolutely my favourite recent M-B model. Love it.

Many thanks!

jumbone wrote: »
    So you have a CL500, a Rolls-Royce and a Porsche. Now your telling us you have an iPad - we get it, you're rich :D (and I'm jealous)

No I was only playing about with the iPad in the Apple store. I have no intention of buying one, I got an iPhone 2 weeks ago after thinking of getting one for about 3 years only cause I can get a kit for it for the Merc!
    The iPad is ridiculous looking IMHO as it's just a huge iPhone and sooo pretentious! I have my phone is a case so nobody can see what it is as I think even they are too much!

dergside wrote: »
    Re. the Silver Shadow, lovely car. I seem to recall seeing one of a very similar (if not the same) colour a few times in Mullingar (around Castle Street) in very late 1978. As a kid with a passion for cars and sponge for a memory and detail, it stood out because it was unregistered (on trade plates) and had the headlamp wash-wipe, an exotic new upgrade for 1979 iirc. I may be wrong on this but have a vague recollection that it may have ended up on a Wicklow reg plate.

Not mine! See the link to the feature on the Rolls. Thanks for noticing it anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

What a beauty!

Looking forward to a bit on the others too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dergside

Not mine! See the link to the feature on the Rolls. Thanks for noticing it anyway!

No, didn't think it was yours. The reason for mentioning it was your comment about the rareness of the colour. I'm guessing that it and yours are probably of a similar production period too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

28ish......

:eek:
    That's good going!

Advertisement