Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be upgrading??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

iAds? People sending Advertisements to my phone. No thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

forumdedum wrote: »
    iAds? People sending Advertisements to my phone. No thank you!!

Good God man! Are you serious?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

iPhone 4 will be my first iPhone, i cant wait!!!:D:D:D

So glad i held out until now, this phone is sleek. ;)

I was slightly tempted by the HTC Desire, but after yesterdays announcement, im all about iPhone. :pac::pac:

So, will new customers have to wait until all the upgrading customers are sorted? Or will we be able to buy on launch day too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

mad muffin wrote: »
    Good God man! Are you serious?:rolleyes:

Why do i want to watch advertisements on my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

forumdedum wrote: »
    Why do i want to watch advertisements on my phone?

People will not be sending you any ads to your phone.

Devs can decide if they want ads in their aps or not. Just like it is now.

You can either decide to click on the ad or not.

The difference is now, the ad wont take you out of the app, like it does now.

Did you even bother reading about iAds before posting?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dades wrote: »
    So the question is will anyone except O2 have the 4G??
    Vodafone will have it too.

I'd be surprised if 3 don't jump on the bandwagon too. Maybe their subscriber base is too small though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Wil be keeping my 3GS with the New OS , will see how it goes for another year and then get the iPhone 5!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭wayne040576

If you have a 3gs there's probably no need to upgrade. I noticed my 3g is starting to struggle with some of the newer apps plus better battery life would be nice. I was hoping for a 64gb version though. I wonder if there is a physical limitation to getting the 64gb on the phone. They have it on the ipod touch a while now so I assumed it was a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

yep, waited for this, so bye 3g. Where is the best place to sell my old phone? Ebay?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

seamus wrote: »
    Vodafone will have it too.

I'd be surprised if 3 don't jump on the bandwagon too. Maybe their subscriber base is too small though.
    Nice one.

Will be sweet to have a choice (assuming either network have any stock :p).

No wonder O2 were trying to get people re-signing their contracts with new tariffs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

redman wrote: »
    Wil be keeping my 3GS with the New OS , will see how it goes for another year and then get the iPhone 5!!:)

Same, or I'll switch to an android at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, despite the fact it is a very desirable piece of technology, and as a self-confessed fanboi, I can't help but think "is that it?".

The real kicker for me is the lack of FM transmitter. Since I got my N900, I use the FM Transmitter every day. Yes, I already have an FM transmitter for my 1st Gen iPhone, but it's nice to have it all in one package.

Might just get me an iPad instead.

/crank

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I want one, but I'm not sure if I can afford it this year.

And it's coming out on near my birthday, too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    The real kicker for me is the lack of FM transmitter. Since I got my N900, I use the FM Transmitter every day. Yes, I already have an FM transmitter for my 1st Gen iPhone, but it's nice to have it all in one package.

/crank

you have a transmitter in your phone?? whats your radio station?? reciever buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I'll be hanging on for a while, especially as I got the Ipad. My 3GS works just fine and with the new OS, I'll have many of the upgraded features anyway. Have a HTC HD2 as my work phone, but, fingers crossed that will be changing soon to a Desire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Think I'll just be sticking with my 32gb 3GS for the next year. If they bring out a iPhone 4S next year will prob consider that one. Providing I dont switch to android in the mean time.

you have a transmitter in your phone?? whats your radio station?? reciever buddy.
    He said: "I already have an FM transmitter for my 1st Gen iPhone"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

its only a phone, not a cure for cancer.

Is there an app for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

If you have a 3gs there's probably no need to upgrade. I noticed my 3g is starting to struggle with some of the newer apps plus better battery life would be nice. I was hoping for a 64gb version though. I wonder if there is a physical limitation to getting the 64gb on the phone. They have it on the ipod touch a while now so I assumed it was a no brainer.
    My 32gb 3gs is full. I was hoping for the 64gb for an excuse to upgrade. Now im not sure if it is worth it for me.

But I was thinking the same as you today about the 64gb iTouch and, maybe it was to keep the costs down. Maybe putting all the new tech plus the bigger memory would make it cost too much??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭kingshankly

hell yes
    my 3gs will soon be sitting beside the 3g and 2g iPhones in the drawer.
    I see people talking about silver and gold upgrades how do you know which one your entitled to does the size of your bill have a bearing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

Yeah it depends on how much you spend in a space of time which upgrade you get if any. You can ask what your entitled to here

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?4206-Want-to-know-if-you-re-due-an-upgrade/page117

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Quick poll to see what people think of the New iPhone 4....features include, flash 5megapixel camera, forward facing video camera, giroscope as well as improved display, battery life, skinner/lighter, built-in antenna, then theres iOS 4, iAds, iBooks, iVideo which will be available on various older versions.

I was like how the fcuk did I miss that announcement, then I read on and became even more disappointed :(

For me, the announcement of the new phone was very underwhelming, nothing exciting to make me want to upgrade whatsoever.

And the thing is, and FM transceiver would have done it.

As it is, I'll probably keep my 3Gs with the new OS until my contract is up (around this time next year).

At that stage there'll either be a new iPhone announced which may have something to interest me, or I'll think about switching over to HTC.

We'll see.

keane2097 wrote: »
    At that stage there'll either be a new iPhone announced which may have something to interest me...
    Yeah - the iPhone 4S - now with a compass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I won't be upgrading. I'm an early adopter and then I skip a generation. So I had a 1st gen, skipped 2nd, have 3gs now, will skip 4 and then get 5.

Will be doing the same for ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

maybe in jan,

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

i'm a 'vote no' - have my 3GS almost a year and i'm just going to stick to iOS4 with that......will you have iOS4 with that? Yes please, with ketchup! :D

i'm really happy with my 3GS, it feels too soon to say goodbye, even after a year! i am not too keen on the 'squareness' of iphone 4, but no doubt that will change when i see it in reality, i am a sucker for apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I already have the 3GS, I don't need the 4G one. It looks too big in the hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LordStarlight

Absolutely upgrading - my old first-gen iPhone just died on me (I dropped it one too many times...) so I've got no reason not to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

w@ll3gurl wrote: »
    i'm a 'vote no' - have my 3GS almost a year and i'm just going to stick to iOS4 with that......will you have iOS4 with that? Yes please, with ketchup! :D

i'm really happy with my 3GS, it feels too soon to say goodbye, even after a year! i am not too keen on the 'squareness' of iphone 4, but no doubt that will change when i see it in reality, i am a sucker for apple.
    I have my iPhone 3GS about two months. I well prefer the 3GS personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Dont have an iPhone as I'm waiting on my upgrade but what I have seen of my wifes 3GS I will definitely be getting a 4.

Advertisement