Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be upgrading??

Options
  • 07-06-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Quick poll to see what people think of the New iPhone 4....features include, flash 5megapixel camera, forward facing video camera, giroscope as well as improved display, battery life, skinner/lighter, built-in antenna, then theres iOS 4, iAds, iBooks, iVideo which will be available on various older versions.

Will you upgrade to the iPhone 4 166 votes

Definitely
    0% 0 votes
    Possibly - wait until is see one first
    62% 104 votes
    No - i was thinking yes but it falls short of the hype
    25% 43 votes
    Definitely Not
    11% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I have my 3GS 3 months now and with iOS4 I don't see a need to upgrade at all. I'll wait and see what's on offer this time next year or get the latest HTC model then. I'm not that impressed with the 3GS as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

does a bear sh1t in the woods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

BOBBY wrote: »
    does a bear sh1t in the woods :D

This!:D

good by iPhone 3G, hello iPhone 4!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

A bit dissapoined with the look of the phone, prob won't be rushing out to buy this one! And not a lot of new things to impress to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I don't want to as there is no memory upgrade. But I am sure I will find it hard not too. But afraid then they will release a bigger memory one within 6 months.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Up from an 8Gb 3G? Hell yeah........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Bye Bye 3GS, really sorry, sad to see you go. You were fantastic when you were young but I've just been introduced to your younger, slimmer, faster, sexier sibling.

I hope you understand, it's not you, it's me..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Graham wrote: »
    Bye Bye 3GS, really sorry, sad to see you go. You were fantastic when you were young but I've just been introduced to your younger, slimmer, faster, sexier sibling.

I hope you understand, it's not you me, it's me you..

There, fixed that for you......:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Would love to tell Apple to feck off and get the newest Android phone but I'm just a sucker for the iPhone OS.

I just can't see myself signing a big contract with another device meaning I'm stuck without an iPhone for a least a year.

Am really interested to see what it looks like in Real Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Upgrading from a 2G that's over 2 years old?

.. hell yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Won't be upgrading from a 3Gs, but a samsung tocco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Have a 3GS since January and with the updated software,I can't see myself upgrading for the foreseeable future.

Incidentally,does anybody know how long it takes to become eligible for an upgrade with o2 or is it not until the 18 months have elapsed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I intend to upgrade BUT want to know if an unlock i available for my 3gs at upgrade time or is it at the end of the org contact in Dec ( 18 months from last july )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kevin! wrote: »
    Won't be upgrading from a 3Gs, but a samsung tocco.

jesus that will be like going from square wheels to circular ones :pac:.

I will be upgrading my 3G S, contract or not tbh. I'm already paying 45 on meteor for 200 minutes/200 text/10gig data which i don't ever go over 1 gig so contract doesn't really bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

July 24th appears to be the date but my contract isn't out till july i dont think. Hopefully pricing will be kind.

besty wrote: »
    Incidentally,does anybody know how long it takes to become eligible for an upgrade with o2 or is it not until the 18 months have elapsed?
    You'll get a silver upgrade after 12 months which puts you in the same price plan as new contracts.

Mines due in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Think I'll go for a Desire instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Dades wrote: »
    You'll get a silver upgrade after 12 months which puts you in the same price plan as new contracts.

Mines due in July.

Yeah but will you get an unlock in July or Dec............

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'll probably stick with my 3GS for another while. I'll see how it handles OS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Patiently awaits Meteor announcement introducing the iPhone... otherwise I'll stick with my factory unlocked 3GS on Meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

im hoping meteor will announce it too i have sent them an email awaiting a reply :rolleyes: my contract is out in august so if they havent announced it by then then i will be leaving for sure !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Have a gold upgrade due with o2 so will be def upgrading :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I have a 3GS 32GB and it's more than adequate for me. Once I get the multi-tasking in the OS 4.0, that should be enough to keep me happy for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

I'll have my 8 gb iPhone 3G 12 months on 24th July. Also just got a 16 gb iPad so matching iPhone memory would make like a little easier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

nope, my 3gs running ios4 will be fine for another year.

what i'm finding halarious/annoying though is the amount of "when will vodafone/o2/the bloke down the road be selling it?" questions and threads, and people wetting themselves over it.

Its been less than 24 hours since the effing launch and its an effing bank holiday, will ye have a bit of effing patience???

its only a phone, not a cure for cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Have a 3GS il sell or give to someone
    Only question is White or Black? - i guess once you go black you never go back applies here...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Definately gonna be upgrading at the first chance I get, stock depending!

White 32gb I think!
    I've had a black 3g and 3gs at this stage so a White would be nice for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I have a factory unlocked 32gb 3GS and I'm due a gold upgrade on O2 so I'd say I'll be using the upgrade for an iPhone 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've a 16GB 3G so I'm a little disappointed that there's no 64GB upgrade...not that I'd use all that space anyway probably.

I'll more than likely get one of these, but I'll have to check if it works with my TomTom dock first.

• Advertisement

Yeah but will you get an unlock in July or Dec............
    Don't really need an unlock tbh.

Actually now I think of it my contract is up in July too - I only signed a 12 month one when I upgraded last year.

So the question is will anyone except O2 have the 4G??

Advertisement