Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mushy wrote: »
    Will it be a mix of own shows and festivals, or will they hold off festivals until 2017?

I reckon it'll be a mix. Definitely stadiums in South America and more than likely indoor shows in the States. They'll probably mix and match in Europe too.

scudzilla wrote: »
    yeah, it did sell out

If it did sell out it was only late in the day as there were definitely tickets left in the weeks running up to the gig. And the point only holds 15,000 I think so that's about their limit for selling tickets here. Their only outdoor gig here on the Early Days tour was probably the gig with the most tickets sold but even then, the RDS was no where near sold out.

I'd be happy with another gig in the point (presuming we get one of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Unfortunately Maiden would only sell a max of 30,000 tickets in Ireland (and that might even be a stretch) so there's not a chance they'd even be considered for Slane, even with a strong support.

Sadly this is true...however the way i'd do it would be like the old "Monsters of Rock" day events of the 80's. Make a mini metal festival of it with Maiden topping the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

An Irish date would be deadly, hopefully will be one. If not, f*ck it I'll go to the UK date.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I reckon it'll be a mix. Definitely stadiums in South America and more than likely indoor shows in the States. They'll probably mix and match in Europe too.

If there are any festivals, with it mentioning early August I would say Wacken will have them.

As for an Irish date, I can only hope. The time has come to see them again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'd say we'll be lucky to get an O2 Dublin or Odessey Belfast date. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If it did sell out it was only late in the day as there were definitely tickets left in the weeks running up to the gig. And the point only holds 15,000 I think so that's about their limit for selling tickets here. Their only outdoor gig here on the Early Days tour was probably the gig with the most tickets sold but even then, the RDS was no where near sold out.

I'd be happy with another gig in the point (presuming we get one of course)

Still they were back the following year treating people to pretty much AMOLAD in full or annoyed people by same whatever way you wanna look at it.
    Sadly this is true...however the way i'd do it would be like the old "Monsters of Rock" day events of the 80's. Make a mini metal festival of it with Maiden topping the bill.

They have tried similar e.g Ozzfest 02, Download 06...the way things are here if they put on a show eg Maiden outdoors and put decent size rock and metal bands in a day style event like you say they charge €60-€80 a ticket just say get close to 30,000 fans...now reality is have the same outdoor show for Maiden charge same only have 2 supports, 1 not so big gig still prob sells similarly. The second option is the one a promoter in this country will most likely choose.

2002 Ozzy(cancelled)/Tool/SOAD/Slayer/Therapy?/BLS/Drowning Pool/Otep/Mushroom Head/Ill Nino etc etc (Approx €55)

2006 Metallica/Korn(canceled)/A7X/Alice In Chains/Stone Sour(approx €60)
    2008 Metallica/Tenacious D/Sweet Savage (Approx €75) (less support bigger cost!! no wonder Metallica were here every other summer in the 00's)

I included the cancelled bands there as they cancelled on the day so wouldn't have much impact on ticket trends.
    Mushy wrote: »
    If there are any festivals, with it mentioning early August I would say Wacken will have them.

As for an Irish date, I can only hope. The time has come to see them again!

Well the last time they played Wacken they were here the week before :), I hope its an indoor show if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tsofitch

MetalDog wrote: »
    An Irish date would be deadly, hopefully will be one. If not, f*ck it I'll go to the UK date.

See you there! Let's hope there is an Irish date.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

According to a website i frequent from time to time hasitleaked.com, The Book Of Souls has leaked online..

*DISCLAIMER, THE SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE LINKS TO LEAKED MATERIAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭xtradel

Now play the game!

http://speedoflight.ironmaiden.com/

The arcade version of the song Speed of Light is class!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Listening to the album now :D:D:D:D:D:D

Bit of an old mexican/western theme to the intro

Listening to the album now :D:D:D:D:D:D

Bit of an old mexican/western theme to the intro

But that's impossible, seeing as the album isn't out until Friday?? Or you got wind of it leaking and decided to give it a listen, will guess it's the latter option.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    But that's impossible, seeing as the album isn't out until Friday?? Or you got wind of it leaking and decided to give it a listen, will guess it's the latter option.

i downloaded it, yes, i will burn in hell

Couldn't wait until Friday :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Couldn't wait until Friday :pac:

but as it's Maiden i can assure ya i WILL be buying it too

but as it's Maiden i can assure ya i WILL be buying it too

Well no harm done then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

you certainly will...is it as good as the first reviews would make one believe?

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    you certainly will...is it as good as the first reviews would make one believe?

It's good, not great but good, that's after 2 listens

Standouts for me so far are Speed of Light, Tears of a Clown and Speed of Light

Empire of the Clouds is crazy, 18mins, they could have knocked that down to 12, lot of fannying about on it

It's good, not great but good, that's after 2 listens

Standouts for me so far are Speed of Light, Tears of a Clown and Speed of Light

Empire of the Clouds is crazy, 18mins, they could have knocked that down to 12, lot of fannying about on it

interesting…looking forward…have it pre-ordered…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Maiden played Dublin 10 years ago today, with special guest Marilyn Manson.
    Great gig.

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    interesting…looking forward…have it pre-ordered…

Pre-order probably means you won't get it till Monday or Tuesday so make sure you have a listen on Apple music or Spotify on Friday

poundhound wrote: »
    Maiden played Dublin 10 years ago today, with special guest Marilyn Manson.
    Great gig.

Was at that (lived in Wales at the time), Manson was crap, Turbonegro were awesome, Maiden were amazing, didn't Steve's equipment fcuk up and Bruce had to wing it for 5 mins or so.

Highlight for me was in Bruxelles the night before drinking wit Maidens crew, fcuk could they drink, went outside for a smoke and bumped into Janick and Steve :D

That's a problem I have with a lot of recent Maiden songs, especially Final Frontier ones. A lot of them could easily have a few minutes shaved off by cutting out the fannying about at the start especially.

Pre-order probably means you won't get it till Monday or Tuesday so make sure you have a listen on Apple music or Spotify on Friday

yeah, no worries, i can wait…

Would loved to have been on this trip last week

I entered by pre-ordering thru HMV but no joy :(

Seems like a great time was had the lucky baxtards :mad:

Nice interview with Bruce here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Ordered the album through Nuclear Blast and it was dispatched yesterday via Fedex (along with the new Motorhead). Looking forward to having them for Christmas!

• Advertisement

I got an e-mail from hmv today saying its been dispatched. Wonder is there a hope in hell it'll arrive tomorrow?

Advertisement