Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 is here - summary of new features

Options
  • 07-06-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Features Summary
    1. 24% thinner, One side is Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, other is UMTS and GSM.
    2. Retina Display
    3. Apple A4 chip
    4. Gyroscope
    5. 5 megapixel camera, LED Flash, records HD video
    6. IOS 4,
    7. iBooks on iPhone
    8. iAdds

Not sure there is enough WOW here to make me shell out after buying the 3gs last July! That said, if i got one for nothing from the good networks, i’d take it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

(just split this out for clarity)

Oh, and a forward facing camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Sounds good to me.

Do you think the price will go down on the current iPhone's and this take their price range?

apple-wwdc-2010-147-rm-eng.jpg

apple-wwdc-2010-149-rm-eng.jpg
    apple-wwdc-2010-152-rm-eng.jpg

apple-wwdc-2010-156-rm-eng.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Release date ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 video calls, anywhere there is WiFi.

That a handy video call function :rolleyes:

Even my nokia from a good few years back could do it over the cellular network!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Pricing -- there's two colors. White and black. Pricing -- $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB

June 24th - 5 countries

July - 18 more

June 24th is the release date in the US.

iPhone 4 in 88 countries by end of September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭baileyjackson

July in Ireland.

m1275936206.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    June 24th is the release date in the US.

Also for UK, Japan, France and Germany.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

No shocks and all the leaks took the excitement out of it a bit but all in all a good update. I didn't think the 3GS was enough of a step up from the 3G so skipped it. This one is a big step up from the 3G and quite a step up from the 3GS.

Dissapointments

1) no 64GB, which is surprising, possibly supply issues with flash delayed it?

2) No radio, but not overly surprised. Apple appear to believe that having radio available with ads they can't control isn't the way they are ever going to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Due an upgrade, Bring it on....

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Looks amazing. I will defo be gettting one of these :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Wow looks great. But I can not believe there is no memory upgrade. This is what I really wanted. The dilemma I have now is that if I upgrade, what if a 64gb comes out in a couple of months..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i wish meteor would get there act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

The Apple site is updated already.

copacetic wrote: »
    No shocks and all the leaks took the excitement out of it a bit but all in all a good update. I didn't think the 3GS was enough of a step up from the 3G so skipped it. This one is a big step up from the 3G and quite a step up from the 3GS.

I'm not sure if its quite a step up from the 3GS. The iOS 4 will have some great features for the 3GS. If you go through the 8 features, there really isn't anything there that would make me scrap my 3GS.

Going from a 3G to the Iphone 4 is a leap as not all the iOS functions will work on the 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

Will o2 get sole custody of this again or will there be a small price war with vodafone??????????
    Hoping its the second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

jod1983 wrote: »
    Will o2 get sole custody of this again or will there be a small price war with vodafone??????????
    Hoping its the second one!

Vodafone will have it all right.

Doubtful that there'll be any sort of price war, but what you will see is people moving from O2 to Vodafone and vice versa based on availability of stock. Thats my plan anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Wow looks great. But I can not believe there is no memory upgrade. This is what I really wanted. The dilemma I have now is that if I upgrade, what if a 64gb comes out in a couple of months..

yeah really disappointed no memory upgrade or radio.

Wonder will 3 be announcing that they will be stocking the iphone 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Can someone please tell me if the prices are bill pay or payg ?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nulabert wrote: »
    I'm not sure if its quite a step up from the 3GS. The iOS 4 will have some great features for the 3GS. If you go through the 8 features, there really isn't anything there that would make me scrap my 3GS.

Going from a 3G to the Iphone 4 is a leap as not all the iOS functions will work on the 3G.

It's not the same leap alright, but the screen is 4 times the res and with IPS better colour quality, it's a lot thinner, the glass and metal sides as antennae should give better reception, battery life is up 15% or so, it will be much quicker I'd guess with A4 chip. The camera should give much better pics, with way better ISO sensitivity with 2MP better resolution as well as LED flash. 720p video recording is a big step up from the 3GS VGA resolution.

It's a much bigger step up than the 3GS was from the 3G imo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Lmao_Man wrote: »

Seriously, what do you think?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

Lmao_Man wrote: »

They're the bill pay prices. Really, from the current pricing system, across both voda and o2, could you not have made an educated guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Im wondering will O2 offer the same price plans for iphone 4 as the 3gs??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I was disappointed that the video calling is iphone - iphone and wifi only, but i just watched a video of a call in action and i dont think any current 3g network can handle it.

right now the ios4 appeals to me more than the hardware (but the retina resolution is impressive) so i wont be upgrading anytime soon. my 3gs running jailbroken ios4 will suit me fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Ive my 3gs 12months next month will i be entitled to an upgrade to iphone 4??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Advertisement