Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious Russian Radio Station Goes Offline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Yes it could be, it bloody-well could be and i just spent the better part of the day googling over this one - feel like I've been psyoped by my own fukced up psyop CT theory THAT'S how good these soviet pyops people are! Danm those pesky Ruskies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Quality fun in this topic.

heres 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdnoAJ7KoFE

Now only thing they have in common is the fact that they have numbers and wired back ground sounds, What if there just a sound testing system, trying to find brown noise or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I dont know why but since i started reading this thread i have gotten a very bad feeling :(

caseyann wrote: »
    I dont know why but since i started reading this thread i have gotten a very bad feeling :(

same here, it's been at me all day ... feels like those guys in that series Lost when they had to feed numbers into that machine doomsday machine! Actually thinking on it now i never did find out what all that was about ... but could that series have been somehow hinting at this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Doge

Theres a recording of the exact time UBV-76 went off air here: :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Hw33bslAU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Early this year i was listening to advertisments on the radio , and i started thinking that there may be coded messages in adverts for certain products on the radio , i know it may sounds a bit way out , but thats what i think , that certain information that someone or group is trying to get out has been coded into certain advertisements on the radio , because of certains words used in ads , you see , why would they be saying that in an advert , nothing to do with the product they are promoting . :rolleyes:

waveform wrote: »

LOL!! That's just so funny in such a fukced up way - and that's only the 4th time voices have been heard, right? And then it just stops ....... wtf????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

:pac:

espinolman wrote: »
    Early this year i was listening to advertisments on the radio , and i started thinking that there may be coded messages in adverts for certain products on the radio , i know it may sounds a bit way out , but thats what i think , that certain information that someone or group is trying to get out has been coded into certain advertisements on the radio , because of certains words used in ads , you see , why would they be saying that in an advert , nothing to do with the product they are promoting . :rolleyes:

I cant remember the name,
    but theres a watermark that can be placed in digital audio, that is not audible to the human ear, but can be read by a computer,
    the whole point is if you heard a song out and about,
    and you didnt know the name of it,
    whip out your iphone lets say,
    the app would "listen" to the audio coming through the microphone,
    decode the water mark, and it would be able to give you the name of the song by looking up an internet database.

It could just as easily be used to encode a message,
    that could only be decoded by a spy.

Just a more modernized method in comparison to number stations.

LOL!! That's just so funny in such a fukced up way - and that's only the 4th time voices have been heard, right? And then it just stops ....... wtf????

I guess so! I didnt know wether it was a genuine recording of the voices or not!
    You seem to know more than I do!
    I lol'd when i heard it. :pac:

• Advertisement

I cant remember the name,
    but theres a watermark that can be placed in digital audio, that is not audible to the human ear, but can be read by a computer,
    the whole point is if you heard a song out and about,
    and you didnt know the name of it,
    whip out your iphone lets say,
    the app would "listen" to the audio coming through the microphone,
    decode the water mark, and it would be able to give you the name of the song by looking up an internet database.

It could just as easily be used to encode a message,
    that could only be decoded by a spy.

Just a more modernized method in comparison to number stations.

Wasn't there's also that holographic sound advertising which there was a lot of controversy about a couple of years ago .... can't recall the company now, 'blue something' ....?

I guess so! I didnt know wether it was a genuine recording of the voices or not!
    You seem to know more than I do!
    I lol'd when i heard it. :pac:

lol! I know feck about the bloody thing and it's been driving me bananas all day!!!

Wasn't there's also that holographic sound advertising which there was a lot of controversy about a couple of years ago .... can't recall the company now, 'blue something' ....?

I've no idea, but that holographic sound looks interesting.

http://www.holophonic.ch/archivio/testaudio/Cerini%20-%20Stereo.mp3

I remember my first time listening to it was that mp3 of a barbershop,
    where the barber is meant to be cutting your hair,
    and you can hear the razor quite clearly, as if its really next to your ear!

If you have any more examples i'd love to hear them.

While we're on the topic of encoded signals check out this obscure video involving transmitting an application that would run on a Commodore 64 during a TV show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKmu68URUeI

If you look at the info it's well explained,
    If I attempted to explain it now I'd only make a balls of it, i'm so tired!

Actually remember on the likes of ITV and other English TV stations back in the day,
    about 1 minute before the ads would come on, you'd get this Black and White twirly thing up the top right corner of the screen?

What the hell was that about!
    Could easily have been a message encoded in that.

It would of been handy for some vcr's,
    so that if you were taping the VCR would stop automatically,
    and start it automatically when the ads are finished, so you dont have any ads taped!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Actually remember on the likes of ITV and other English TV stations back in the day,
    about 1 minute before the ads would come on, you'd get this Black and White twirly thing up the top right corner of the screen?

What the hell was that about!
    Could easily have been a message encoded in that.

It would of been handy for some vcr's,
    so that if you were taping the VCR would stop automatically,
    and start it automatically when the ads are finished, so you dont have any ads taped!

Yeah, they're Cue Marks. A somewhat similar idea is used to identify copyrighted material in visual media. As for audio, I don't think any 'signal' is added to do so, song recognition is mostly done by comparison to a DB full of songs. It's possible to very slightly alter songs in a defined way so that software can detect and decode it which allows you to add virtual information to the track

I've no idea, but that holographic sound looks interesting.

http://www.holophonic.ch/archivio/testaudio/Cerini%20-%20Stereo.mp3

I remember my first time listening to it was that mp3 of a barbershop,
    where the barber is meant to be cutting your hair,
    and you can hear the razor quite clearly, as if its really next to your ear!

If you have any more examples i'd love to hear them.

While we're on the topic of encoded signals check out this obscure video involving transmitting an application that would run on a Commodore 64 during a TV show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKmu68URUeI

If you look at the info it's well explained,
    If I attempted to explain it now I'd only make a balls of it, i'm so tired!

Thanks, tired here too .... trolling the religion forum for some weird reason ... I wish I could remember that advertising thing with the holographic sound. I'll try to dig it up at some point. Basically, you'd be walking past a tv shop say, and suddenly you'd have a voice which only you can hear blasting at you to buy a tv. That kind of thing. It was tested in a few countries and raised a lot of legal issues .....

.... waiting for that vid load.

Thanks, tired here too .... trolling the religion forum for some weird reason ... I wish I could remember that advertising thing with the holographic sound. I'll try to dig it up at some point. Basically, you'd be walking past a tv shop say, and suddenly you'd have a voice which only you can hear blasting at you to buy a tv. That kind of thing. It was tested in a few countries and raised a lot of legal issues .....

.... waiting for that vid load.

Sounds like something similar to this:

http://www.ted.com/talks/woody_norris_invents_amazing_things.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Condi wrote: »

Yeah, I brought it up in work during lunch and I just got blank faces.

Maybe they're all in on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

yeah i heard its back again

• Advertisement

Maybe they all just realised they are all on ct here with you:D

same here, it's been at me all day ... feels like those guys in that series Lost when they had to feed numbers into that machine doomsday machine! Actually thinking on it now i never did find out what all that was about ... but could that series have been somehow hinting at this stuff?

It is very possible the writer took it from this device the idea and the fear around it.
    I know every time i listen and read in here i get the most awful feeling in pit of stomach.

caseyann wrote: »
    It is very possible the writer took it from this device the idea and the fear around it.
    I know every time i listen and read in here i get the most awful feeling in pit of stomach.

It really isnt something to be listening to LOL! but yeah, I get awful feeling too ..... that's why i was thinking best-case scenario it's maybe just some soviet Cold War psyops to fukcup the West and they've just let it run. and probably having a good laugh at this stage ... i hope, in any case it's done a good job scrambling my head. Mind you, that's probably not saying much

Yep, that's it. It was being tested out in the streets a couple of years ago, just randomly picking passers by and they'd hear stuff like, 'thirsty? buy a coke!" going past shops. But it would ONLY be them that heard it. As you can imagine it didn't go down very well! Though yer man there was saying the military are using it, even down to singling out individuals and making them believe they're hearing voices. Ha, military again, trust them to lower the tone :rolleyes:

It really isnt something to be listening to LOL! but yeah, I get awful feeling too ..... that's why i was thinking best-case scenario it's maybe just some soviet Cold War psyops to fukcup the West and they've just let it run. and probably having a good laugh at this stage ... i hope, in any case it's done a good job scrambling my head. Mind you, that's probably not saying much

No its not, lol
    Ah if anything like mine no worries,as then it says even more because just how much further can our brains be scrambled :eek: :D
    I have heard something creepy before about these signals and stations but for the life of me i cant remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

according to the ats thread it never stopped there was just ionic interference or somesuch stopping us from hearing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I dunno if the transmiter has it own dedicated mast. There's obviously 100 & 1 uses for that, spying etc. The signal itself could just provide an excuse for having it like.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread579556/pg10
    So far I am taken by the lines radiating away from the centre of interest through the local vegetation. Whilst there are other examples of this in nearby towns there are none that radiate in all directions from one centre point apart from this location. Some of the lines extend to a kilometre or slightly more and suggest that the vegetation along these lines was excavated possibly for the laying of ELF antennae or other cabling. The pathways do not extend to a logical conclusion such as another building or road in all cases so it is unlikely the vegetation was cleared to make a footpath or roadway.

As all the lines are of varying lengths it would suggest to me that they could indeed by buried antenna tuned to specific wavelengths. This would also mean that transmissions on other frequencies could be originating or being received at this location.

Quite like this idea. There's a second generator in the same compound.. An underground ariel and transmitter that shares the same buildings as the FM transmitter.
    Uvb76 is (perhaps) a rouse for an ELF system.
    http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/haarp.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_%28nuclear_war%29

heere we go found it. This could be linked to it

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Turquoise1

There's probably a simple explanation as to why the transmission ceased.

Perhaps the Russians found no point in using this anymore because the Cold War etc. is over?

But then again, it all IS rather creepy isn't it!
    Have the Russians themselves ever given any explanation as to what its for?

A similar thing to the UVB-76 would be the "Russian Woodpecker", except that it broadcasts a sharp pecking noise.
    Some theorists say its to do with mind control...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Woodpecker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Turquoise1 wrote: »
    There's probably a simple explanation as to why the transmission ceased.

Perhaps the Russians found no point in using this anymore because the Cold War etc. is over?

But then again, it all IS rather creepy isn't it!

Have the Russians themselves ever given any explanation as to what its for?

they chose a weekend in 2010 to stop, and then fired it up again?

not sure that makes a lot of sense :)

Advertisement