Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The little things....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Davidius wrote: »
    A good steak or sandwich.

What about a steak sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Now you're just talking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ohhhhhhhhh yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

when you write a HUGE blog post and the internet dies for half an hour as you publish it,then the connection comes back and you can click refresh to get it to save. Such an awesome moment:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Or those moments when you're at the edge of something, and you feel yourself about to fall,and your heart jumps...and then you're miraculously grand :)

Doesn't happen alot for me I must admit :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

AllInOne wrote: »
    I love knowing that, secretly, Davidius loves people.
    I can put a rest to all this speculation by declaring that the above statement is in fact without any sort of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

The sun. It cheers me up incredibly. Maybe I've a mild case of SAD or something, but the sun always lifts me outta gloom.

Hanging out with friends, even just doing nothing, is nice. Just chatting away. I sat in the local chipper with one of my friends for like 5 hours straight before, doing feck all. Good times.

Helping others in some way is quite a nice a feeling, or just doing right. Like returning lost money, or carrying stuff for people. Or seeing someone else doing the right thing kinda cheers me up. Nice to be reminded now and again tis' not all doom and gloom, there's good out there.

Now, enough of that soppy stuff.

Boobs cheer me up considerably...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Blogs and blog comments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Not sure why I thought of this, but I love when I come back to my guitar after being away for a week or two on holidays. For an instant, the whole thing feels brand new, like I'm learning all over again. It's odd.. but feels really cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Text messages. Seriously, they have such power when it comes to bringing a smile to your face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

My bed.

The college bed, and other peoples' beds just don't compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I love when you're wandering some street on your way from here to there, feeling a little glum, when you suddenly bump into a friend you haven't seen in years! You're chatting with them as though no time has passed since you last met. Or maybe not even that much, it could be a knowing smile between the two of you as you walk past. Really warms the heart, anyway.

I like when I discover somewhere I've not been before, and it's totally still and quiet there other than the rustling of leaf-filled branches in the sunlight. Peaceful places make me feel happy!

And hugs, obviously. >^-^> <^-^<

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

When I'm in bed and my cat jumps up and flops down beside me! :)
    When everyone's gone home from college of a Friday me and one lad who doesn't go home just pan out on his couch and watch crap tv :)
    Going for a pint and a bitch with the lads :)
    Hitting town with the girls :)
    Ham and cheese toasties :)
    Nice texts :)
    And random facts/trivia!

Aaaaanyway...my little things would have to be getting a text message.
    Ive only gotten one so far today so I feel unloved.Im hoping things pick up after I finish work :o
    God damn it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

When you're told to wake up for something, but then you drift back into one of those time-defying dreams- I love those.

Looking out the window at puddles when it's raining- I just enjoy that for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

When people are just smiling as they walk down the street going about their usual business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

The sun!! There is a really noticeable difference in my mood from winter and summer, the sun can make any bad day seem so much better...since it started showing its face around here again, I've had my best few weeks of the year :)

Being texted first, and therefore knowing someone is thinking of you and wants to talk to you.

People going out of their way to say 'hi' or whatever to you when they see you. It's just...nice.

Returning to the sun, sunbathing/sleeping in the sun. A few days ago, me and my friend spent about three years just lying in the sun, only talking when we needed to. Twas fun <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

A nice shower :)

If I've had a bad day or I'm just stressed or whatever, it just makes me all relaxed and calm.
    You can just stand there in the warm water for ages (not too long though, don't want to waste too much water nowadays :P)
    I <3 being clean :P

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Being texted first, and therefore knowing someone is thinking of you and wants to talk to you.

This. I love it.

Also love a cup of tea and a biscuit with my friends.

Sitting with my doggies, perhaps not all 5 at once but they are an adorable bunch and I love cuddling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

This mug, of unknown origin:

23s7osm.jpg

Save the planet. Drink more tea. Make more love.

• Advertisement

^^ Damn Hippies!!

Ive discovered a combination of lucozade and wispa give me happies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

When my dog does what he's told for once.

When my Daddy makes me Spagetti Bolognese (yeah, I'm pretty sure I can't spell).

Any post that isn't a bank statement.

That minute when you realise you fancy someone because they've made you smile/giggle/feel good unexpectidly.

Pigeons cooing...but only country pigeons. I don't know why, it always reminds me of summer.

Oh, and the word paulatinamente in Spanish. It means "step-by-step" or "gradually" but it just sounds so adorable.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

illiop wrote: »
    When my dog does what he's told for once.

This. Especially when I have 5 dogs. Its nice to know they actually listen to me sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Menthol Cigarettes.

Lounging in parks/on grass.

Train journeys.

Waking up in the afternoon.

Ice cream.

My cat.

Waking up next to someone.

Not having anything to do when all you want to do is veg.

€2 euro girlie drinks.

The very occasional funny Fb group.

I'll continue another time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Smoking in general tbh. Oh how I miss it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

When you fall into step with someone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

When you fall into step with someone. :D

On purpose, and speed up when they do just to freak them out

Mahah

Hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Woow_Aqualung

illiop wrote: »
    Pigeons cooing...but only country pigeons. I don't know why, it always reminds me of summer.
    Nah when I hear pidgeons cooing at the end of the summer it sounds like there saying "You need to go back to school, and we'er free." Stop mocking me!:D

I like small ideosyncrasy people have that make me smile. And the smell books have.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Waving at strangers <3

They're always confused but they smile anyway. That's good...right? :D

I always do that when I'm stuck in traffic. Especially if they look stressed.:)

Today was great, I got to eat my lunch outside in a restaurant next to the river. IN IRELAND! Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

The people i see walking to school everyday. I have no idea what their names are but i see them everyday, same time same place, and we smile at each other. They have saved many a crappy day by starting it off with a smile :)

Advertisement