Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The little things....

Options
  • 02-06-2010 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Basically, the exact opposite of a pet hate,those little things that just make you smile.The little rays of sunshine when you are down.

For me,as I sit here in my Fugly White and brown[such a combo] havan tshirt and 3/4 length combat shorts and some music in the background.

So,what can always brighten up your day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

People being nice to me. Especially when I'm at work. It genuinely makes me feel really happy. I get super-stressed at work, and just people saying "thank you", or saying how much they enjoyed their dinner. These things are nice to hear.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

I love when I come home from school and I look out the back and just see these cats that live there (we don't own them, they just chill in our garden). But it's just really nice to watch them, just bathing in the sunlight, or rolling around. They're just really fun to watch and make me smile :)<3 nature and animals and all that in general tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Hugs :D

Always make me feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

A really good hug...nothing like it.:)

edit: beaten to it!

Similar to Ginja, I just like sitting around in my confortable summer clothes.

Tea + Laptop.

• Advertisement

I love when you haven't spoken to someone for aaages and then out of the blue you just get a lovely text from them and it just makes you smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

My favourite DVD boxsets. I've seen them all millions of times but they still do the trick.
    Gilmore girls shouldn't be so soothing...

A really good hug...nothing like it.:)

edit: beaten to it!

Sorry Norwegianwood...hug? :D

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Sorry Norwegianwood...hug? :D

Hell yeah:D

I actually do just fair love coming on boards and reading the yaaah thread! It always makes me feel happy :)

• Advertisement

Hell yeah:D

*opens arms*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My grandad brightens up all of my days. He's my best friend in the whole world. For my 21st birthday, he gave me a book which he began to make on the day I was born. It has things in it like my baby foot print, my first attempts at drawing a picture of the two of us together, so many photographs... just a million memories held between the covers. Every time I feel really sad now, I look at that book and I just feel better, because I know that no matter how bad things might seem, I got lucky. I got the best grandad in the world. <3

Other that him, and that book, I like getting letters in the post, when the sun shines and when I'm driving and a song I love comes on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hmmm....people seem to like hugs.......i have a strong squeeze........I must make myself Hug Man

Aaaaanyway...my little things would have to be getting a text message.
    Ive only gotten one so far today so I feel unloved.Im hoping things pick up after I finish work :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

This'll be sent to yaaaah in no time.

Tiny, unexpected slices of happiness. Someone you don't expect to hear from dropping you a text, when your room smells like buddlejas...backwards hugs. People delivering me tea. Strangers smiling. People who say GOOD MORNING! when they could just...not. People you kinda know greeting you with the warm enthusiasm of an old friend. How nice. Giving and receiving genuine compliments - if you like and appreciate something, no matter how small, get it out there! No point in keeping it inside, it could do good in the world :)

I've written many many blog posts just listing little things like this. Happy happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

That first cigarette with a pint or drink of some description on a warm summers evening..

*le sigh*

I love when it's rainy out, and you're al cosy and warm in bed, and you can just hear the wind and the rain on the window (i love the sound of rain on glass) but that doesn't matter cos your all safe and sound :D

I love when it's rainy out, and you're al cosy and warm in bed, and you can just hear the wind and the rain on the window (i love the sound of rain on glass) but that doesn't matter cos your all safe and sound :D

'Specially if you have someone to cuddle! <3

This is why I leave my window open lots :D
    Novella wrote: »
    ....now I dont like it as much :(

Me <3 bed + cuddles :D

I love the feeling when someone kisses you unexpectedly.

Or, when they kiss you on the back, or forehead...

The smell of fresh bread is amazing too :)

• Advertisement

Finding out you had something in common with someone you've never even talked to, a song that you love no matter how many times you hear it, chocolate, coffee, cute old couples, laughing at nothing, when you smile at strangers in the street and they smile back, when you wake up and the suns streaming in through the window.....man, could go on for aaaaages.:)

Spooning! <3:)

Spooning! <3:)
    Now this I can get behind
    the_tick_spoon-770895.jpg

Sleeping with someone (and just literally, sleeping) has to be the nicest thing ever :)
    Makes me feel so safe and cosy <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Waving at strangers <3

They're always confused but they smile anyway. That's good...right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

My beautiful cat can make me smile no matter what. The way he comes in and brushes around my legs, the way he hops up on the couch bedside me and goes to sleep on my lap, the way he rolls on his back and sticks his legs up in the air... Oh he is brilliant! He is so fat and fluffy and rubbing his tummy is so lovely! He is the most perfect little animal in the whole wide world. He's such a fussy eater and he makes me laugh so much when he turns his nose up at fancy cat food or steak. I love him so much, he's nearly like a son to me at this stage! :)

I would do absolutely anything for him. He's been very sick several times but has always pulled through thanks to our wonderful vet. He's going to be seven in July so he's getting on a bit! I love him with all my heart, I missed him so much when I was in college when I could have done with him on several occasions. I talk to him and hug him all the time. He just has the most amazing ability to make me smile no matter what rubbish is going on. I'm looking at him now washing himself behind his ears. My love for him may be a bit over the top to some people but I don't care, I love him so much and will do forever! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

When this place isn't too active to keep up with.

Also bewbz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Bubblewrap. So much joy to be found in it. I was incredibly tempted to buy a vast amount of it in a poundshop the other day. Then I thought it'd look a little odd so I didn't bother. Just got little my sister to buy it for me. :pac:

I love knowing that, secretly, Davidius loves people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

A good steak or sandwich.

Advertisement