Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel Kills 10 aid workers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

No, the Commandos did what any other nations Commandos would of done if they where put in that situation.
    What situation?

So in ur head what is your version of events?
    The Israels used excessive force

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

ultain wrote: »
    What situation?

If you dont know what events took place then why are you even bothering to post?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

No, the Commandos did what any other nations Commandos would of done if they where put in that situation.

I'm not denying that is was the wrong course of action to take, but you cant blame the Commandos.

I would ask you what action you would of taken if you where ordered into that situation but i don't think i would get a honest or realistic answer from you.

So cold blooded murder is not evil when Israel does it then? :rolleyes:

Forget the commandos, though everyone one of them that shot an unarmed person is pure scum. The commandos are not important. Who gave the orders to open fire and iilegaly hijack the boat is the true villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Israeli forces illegally boarded a ship under a foreign flag in international waters. They have now illegally detained, and brought those on board the ships, to Israel against their will.

Israeli apologists can spout all they want, what the IDF did is indefensible and illegal. Granted, the activists on the ship should not have reacted to the IDF aggression, but the way the IDF attempted to take that ship was at best amateurish and it caused the deaths. These commandos are some of the most highly trained soldiers in the world - they should be trained to take a ship like this without loss of life, instead they dropped one by one onto a part of the ship teeming with activists!! WTF did they expect would happen??

• Advertisement

The Israels used excessive force

Ok, lets say your a Commando.

Your ordered to take control of a boat.

You absale down to the deck with your team.

As you land me and my 20 mates start trying to cave your face in with metal poles, firing at you with catapults and throw you over board.

What do you do?

If you dont know what events took place then why are you even bothering to post?
    What situation deemed it necessary for the Israels to board the boats and end up killing at least 10 people.....?

So cold blooded murder is not evil when Israel does it then? :rolleyes:

Forget the commandos, though everyone one of them that shot an unarmed person is pure scum. The commandos are not important. Who gave the orders to open fire and iilegaly hijack the boat is the true villain.

And thats the problem with your posts, your incapable of looking at it from both sides.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    They have now illegally detained, and brought those on board the ships, to Israel against their will.

Where they not given the choice to be deported or arrested?

Ok, lets say your a Commando.

Your ordered to take control of a boat.

You absale down to the deck with your team.

As you land me and my 20 mates start trying to cave your face in with metal poles, firing at you with catapults and throw you over board.

What do you do?
    Be a little less hostile in your approach...if I saw guys coming at me armed to the teeth..I would defend myself, before getting a bullet up the arse.

• Advertisement

Sure, they would be deported after signing a document saying they had entered Israel waters illegally, when in fact the event took place in international waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

A poll by the Jerusalem Media??..most be correct then! Hamas ain't perfect but doing as good job as possible and they also recognise Israel as a state, rocket attacks into israel have dropped hughley due to Hamas. They are willing to talk..like it or not Israel will have to tow the line!

That's a strange take on it. What's the issue with the JMCC? Not Alternative for you are they? Me thinks you saw Jerusalem and just thought Jew news didn't you?
    So tell me studiorat, do you denounce the Israels actions on the boats?

I sense a certain amount of moral posturing in that question too. High Horse much?
    I'll save "denouncing" anything for the politicos and the moral majority, neither will I be an apologist for either side.

If I do choose to take an action either way I'll do it where it will be of some use and not on a Conspiracy Theory forum on some poxy internet site. ;)

And thats the problem with your posts, your incapable of looking at it from both sides.

Seriously man that is like saying you need to see it from the rapists perspective, "she was wearing a short skirt judge", shocking. :(

studiorat wrote: »
    That's a strange take on it. What's the issue with the JMCC? Not Alternative for you are they? Me thinks you saw Jerusalem and just thought Jew news didn't you?

I sense a certain amount of moral posturing in that question too. High Horse much?
    I'll save "denouncing" anything for the politicos and the moral majority, neither will I be an apologist for either side.

If I do choose to take an action either way I'll do it where it will be of some use and not on a Conspiracy Theory forum on some poxy internet site. ;)
    Conspiracy theory? regard jmcc..Pile of 'save the whales rubbish' didn't you know... the left is the new right.

Arrested for what????

Travelling in a boat?

Israel had not a single right to arrest any of them. Therefore the state-sanctioned murder has led to state-stanctioned kidknap. Michael Martin even called it kidnap.

Look, you seem a little confused as to what has actually happened. This summarises better than I can.
    http://www.alternet.org/story/147052/3_facts_you_need_to_know_about_the_israeli_attack_on_peace_activists_on_the_gaza_flotilla?page=entire

Seriously man that is like saying you need to see it from the rapists perspective, "she was wearing a short skirt judge", shocking. :(

Israel/Rapist? Doesn't get more blinkered and one-sided than that does it?

studiorat wrote: »
    Israel/Rapist? Doesn't get more blinkered and one-sided than that does it?

Rape = Heinous crime

Murder = Heinous crimes.

Both have victims.

What don't you understand? Oh and get off the fence.

So Israelis are now rapists?

Its not just this topic, its every topic you have started. You have no interest in what actual events took place your only interested in the anti Israeli version.

Its not just this topic, its every topic you have started. You have no interest in what actual events took place your only interested in the anti Israeli version.
    Easy there.. your taking what brown bomber meant a little to literally.

Yes literally Isrealis are rapists :rolleyes: That is exactly what I meant.

Normally in a case of premeditated murder it is quite hard to blame the victim because they are dead. Therefore the comparison of a rapist blaming the victim and Israel blaming the unarmed aid workers fits.

1. I tried to share with you what Israel is capable of but you didn't listen, I don't think you ever will.

2. Any other threads I have started have no relation to this thread so lets not take this thread off topic.

3. I had nothing to do with Israeli massacreing 20 unarmed civilians in international waters, they did it themselves. So stop apologising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

Maybe you should live in a town which gets random rockets dropped on it before you call it Paranoia.

Well, you would be pissed off if the city council would come and say that other people can build their house in your back garden...:rolleyes:

1. I tried to share with you what Israel is capable of but you didn't listen, I don't think you ever will.

No, your posts are 1 sided and biased, you have no interest in alternative view points and dismiss them completely if they clash with your own views.
    2. Any other threads I have started have no relation to this thread so lets not take this thread off topic.

But all your topics have 1 common theme, your hatred for Israel, so i hardly see how its off topic when they are all connected.
    3. I had nothing to do with Israeli massacreing 20 unarmed civilians in international waters, they did it themselves. So stop apologising.

Show me a post where i have apologized, i have even said that they where wrong to board the boat. The only thing I'm trying show in this thread is that the story isn't as 1 sided as you and other claim.

On another note we are pages 10 in and there still hasn't been 1 conspiracy put forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

By choosing to be deported they would be acknowledging that they entered Israel illegally.....something that they never did because they were in international waters!

Ironbar wrote: »
    Well, you would be pissed off if the city council would come and say that other people can build their house in your back garden...:rolleyes:

So that would give me the right to bomb the people living in the house?

Rape = Heinous crime

Murder = Heinous crimes.

Both have victims.

What don't you understand? Oh and get off the fence.

I really don't feel a conspiracy theory forum is a place to discuss such real and dare I say serious issues, too much woo-woo, for a constructive discussion don't you think? Therefore I'll stay on the fence for this one Bomber, at least until I have weighed up ALL the facts, thanks. Sure if I wasn't here, everyone would be agreeing.

Pro-Israelis celebrating the massacre of Turks outside the Turkish embassy. Complete sickness.

Students protest in support of IDF

(Video) 'After seeing lecturers at anti-Israel protest, I decided to show we are Zionists,' says Beersheba student Ahiya Raved Published: 06.01.10, 14:45 / Israel News

VIDEO - Hundreds of students protested Tuesday at Israel's universities in identification with the IDF and its raid on ships bound for Gaza. They waved Israeli flags and called out in favor of Navy commando soldiers.
    Just a day has gone by since the raid, but hundreds responded to calls to protest outside the gates of Ben Gurion University in Beersheba and the Technion in Haifa.
    Students protest in support of IDF

(Video) 'After seeing lecturers at anti-Israel protest, I decided to show we are Zionists,' says Beersheba student Ahiya Raved Published: 06.01.10, 14:45 / Israel News

P{margin:0;} UL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 16; padding-right:0;} OL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 32; padding-right:0;} H3.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;margin-top:0px;} P.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;} VIDEO - Hundreds of students protested Tuesday at Israel's universities in identification with the IDF and its raid on ships bound for Gaza. They waved Israeli flags and called out in favor of Navy commando soldiers.
    Just a day has gone by since the raid, but hundreds responded to calls to protest outside the gates of Ben Gurion University in Beersheba and the Technion in Haifa.

"I expected only about 50 people but many more came," said Avi, a student at Ben Gurion. He asked not to be identified by his full name because "the lecturers at the university are leftists."
    Avi said he had organized the protest because "yesterday we felt bad about the protest held by Arab and Bedouin students."
    On Monday a small group of leftist demonstrators protested against the IDF at the university. Anat Peretz, a second-year student of Politics and Government said, "After entering the university yesterday I saw some of my lecturers taking part in an anti-Israel rally, and I saw students hang their heads. I decided to show that we are a Zionist campus and spread the word. There have been no curses, racist remarks, or violent acts of any kind."
    Ben Gurion's student union asked that protestors keep the peace and maintain an academic atmosphere on campus, and asked both sides to protest democratically.
    Meanwhile, at the entrance to the Technion in Haifa more then 300 students participated in a rally supporting the IDF and the state. They waved Israeli flags and held up signs saying, "Justice is with the IDF".

One of the students said the rally was organized at the last minute. "There were a lot of positive responses within a short time. We received support and proved that the Technion and the students are not indifferent," he said.
    At Haifa University two opposing groups gathered, one of Arab students supporting the passengers of the flotilla, and the other of Jewish students supporting the IDF and denouncing the Arab protest. Police say officers are providing a barrier between the two groups, and no violent occurrences have been reported.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3897437,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

So that would give me the right to bomb the people living in the house?

Well, which chance do you have when them people have the city council on their side and you're alone because they call you - the owner of the property for the last 1900 years - terrorists and isolate you from the rest of the world ? :confused:

Ironbar wrote: »
    Well, which chance do you have when them people have the city council on their side and you're alone because they call you - the owner of the property for the last 1900 years - terrorists and isolate you from the rest of the world ? :confused:

So now do you see the circle in which both sides rotate in?

• Advertisement

More one sided biased reporting. Not 1 of them mentions the assault on the IDF troops only mentioning how brutal they where.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement