Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more shots fired:(

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

well aparantly his condition is been kept VERY VERY quiet.

all of johns square is sealed off at the moment. i was passing awhile ago and a squad car was rushing up there at full speed. i soooooooo badly wanted to stop but i doubt the other drivers behind me would be too happy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

I think its a sad day for Ireland when a 20 year old gets shot in the head, its only a gangland killing.

Is it ever going to stop, who's next you or me?

We need to get guns off the street + life in prison for murder.

We need to build a new prison too with single cells, where the prison guards are in charge + not the prisoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

who's next you or me?

Pretty unlikely unless you are involved in gang land stuff.
    We need to get guns off the street + life in prison for murder.

I agree with that but how?
    We need to build a new prison too with single cells, where the prison guards are in charge + not the prisoners.

I think we need to pack them in to prisons like they do in France or Thailand, let them sh*t in the corner. No parole. Make prison a punishment. Don't feed them steaks and other nice foods. Give them bread and grule for the length of their stay.

Build a new prison? Who's going to pay for that? Re-open Spike Island and pack them in. Make it uncomfortable for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There has been a massive Garda co-ordinated operation taking place across Europe all morning. They have arranged with their European counterparts for a number of simultaneous raids and arrests linked to the importation of drugs and guns into Ireland. Hopefully they have nailed a few of the big boys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Nothing will ever happen in this city until a guard is killed unfortunately. Ive said it before and i stand by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

As already suggested and may be a no goner,but there is plenty of space in the Curragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

If 200 "subversives" were arrested tomorrow, there would be no trouble finding prison space for them.

Cab can pay for the prison with the assets taken off drug dealers.

When i said single cells i mean like in usa where they are locked up 23 hours a day, in shackles when they get their hour of fresh air, no tv, no luxurys,

There was also an article in the paper yesterday about how people in prison are still collecting their dole money.

Innocent people get killed in gangland too, mistaken identity, stray bullets.

This is not a limerick problem, not even an irish problem, look at whats going on in jamaica at the moment, and that drug lord was born into it, his father was a drug lord before him.

Berty wrote: »
    Pretty unlikely unless you are involved in gang land stuff.

or your name is Collins or Geoghan

mike kelly wrote: »

That's why I said unlikely.

Most of the people on this thread are unlikely to be involved in gang land crime and most of the people in Limerick would fall into that category as well. There are just the extremely rare(you mentioned) few exceptions and just because those two were high profile in the media does not make the a common occurence.

• Advertisement

Good to see that the anti-social behaviour problem in Limerick has now been solved.

NOT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Was wondering how long it would take :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

When are the shootings are going to end?

Well have you seen the links to all the Bebo Pages put up here and elsewhere by the the new and upcoming Generation?

They see themselves as fcuking US Gangsta Rappers - Its all Tupac this and fcuk you Mutha-Fcuker that "Shut up Bro - ahm gonna put a cap in yo Áss...." - Only difference is they are pimply little Scumbags in day-glo vests that look like walking Adverts for dietary and Chromosome deficiencies......

Here's an excerpt from a Bebo Page where a generation who are currently making the career decision between the boring option of spending a lifetime scamming the dole or alternatively taking up the glamorous alternative, an apprenticeship as a Drug Runner Scumbag, are told how to handle the Law.
    GARDA QUESTIONING: Be calm and don’t get smart to the police. You have the right to remain silent - including written statements - other than giving your name, address, and if in an age-sensitive situation, your date of birth. You don’t have to go anywhere with police unless arrested. Not even a ‘just come over here so I can talk to you.’ You have the right to speak to a free lawyer on the Bill of Rights list. If you are under 17 you have the right to have a supportive adult with you at the station.

SEARCHES: GARDAI can search you, your bag or car if (a) you let them, (b) they arrest you, (c) they have a search warrant, or (d) they have reasonable grounds to believe you have drugs on you (this could include smelling or seeing drugs or seeing you using drugs) and they invoke the Misuse of Drugs Act (MDA) section 18 subsection ii (property) or iii (person). They must tell you if they are using this search power. Silence is taken to be consent, so if you do not want to be searched, say “NO, I DO NOT CONSENT TO A SEARCH. WHAT IS YOUR LAWFUL AUTHORITY?” Ask their reason for thinking you were using or have drugs. If they invoke the MDA they must file a report with the Police Commissioner within 72 hours, and you have the right to obtain a copy of this report. You have the right to watch them search. You have the right to a witness. The gardai can search your home if (a) you consent, (b) they have a valid search warrant, or (c) they have reasonable grounds to believe there are drugs there and invoke the MDA. They can only search inside your mouth if you agree. You can only be searched internally (and only by a doctor) if the gardai have arrested you and they have reasonable grounds to believe you have drugs inside you. If you are female then only a female officer can search you. Gardai must let you know their name & badge number if they arrest you.

DRIVING: An officer can stop any car at any time to check for warrant, registration etc. You and your passengers have the right to remain silent, but must give your names, dates of birth, addresses and the registered owner of the car. The driver can be detained for up to 15 minutes to establish identity. An officer can search your can if (a) you agree, (b) they have reasonable grounds to believe there are drugs in the car and invoke the MDA, (c) they have a search warrant, (d) they arrest you and you’re with your vehicle at the time, or (d) under the Crimes Act police can now search any car and its occupants for stolen property.

AT SCHOOL: A teacher can search your bag only if you agree. Teachers can’t search whole classes without the consent of each student. Teacher’s can’t use physical force to search students or their bags. Police can search students for drugs at school only if you agree to it, they have a search warrant, they arrest you, or they have reasonable grounds to believe you have drugs on you. If you are questioned about a serious discipline matter, you have the right to not say anything and can’t be forced to make a statement. You also have the right to ask for someone to support you - this could be a parent or other family member, dean, teacher, guidance counsellor, youth advocate or any other person you trust.

AT THE STATION: If you are arrested, you must go with them. Ask for your lawyer or another from the Bill of Rights list. Don’t be videoed, don’t make deals, don’t nark. You must give your name, address, date and place of birth, and occupation - nothing else. You have the right to NOT make a statement, and the police must inform you of this. You have the right to know the nature and cause of the charge, at the time of arrest. You have the right to consult a lawyer.

IN COURT: You have the right to see all evidence they have against you before your trial - ask for ‘full disclosure’ of ALL the evidence they have. Make them work for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Good to see that the anti-social behaviour problem in Limerick has now been solved.

NOT

That report is the biggest pile of dribble I have read in a while.
    I had the biggest anti social culprits living near me up until last Sept and nobody I went to was willing to do anything other than move me from deparment to department.
    The council, the HSE, the Gardai etc etc.
    We as in my boyfriend in I had to get a solicitor involved to deal with the landlord to eventually get them moved out.
    So there was nobody we could turn to despite the world and his mother knowing about this scumbag family.
    And the mad thing was they got moved to a bigger, newer and nicer house for their troubles.
    It really makes me sick......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

That's why I said unlikely.

Most of the people on this thread are unlikely to be involved in gang land crime and most of the people in Limerick would fall into that category as well. There are just the extremely rare(you mentioned) few exceptions and just because those two were high profile in the media does not make the a common occurence.

There were 3 murders in Limerick in 09. One of those was Roy Collins. That means at least 33% of the victims were innocent. In 08 Shane Geoghegan was one of 6 people murdered, so that's at least 16% of the murdered people being totally innocent.*

* I only used the most high profile victims so apologies if there were other innocent people murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

I think we need to pack them in to prisons like they do in France or Thailand, let them sh*t in the corner. No parole. Make prison a punishment. Don't feed them steaks and other nice foods. Give them bread and grule for the length of their stay.

Agreed, although i would take it a step further... these people cost the Irish tax payer a fortune, annually, to be kept in accommodation better than some hostels I've paid for. Why are they not making a positive contribution to society while in state care. They should be in chain-gangs cleaning road side etc. Insurance costs have been put forward as a major obstacle in the past, sounds more like a cop out to me.

Low grade food is a great idea, just enough calories to keep them ticking over but not enough to allow for any serious levels of energy. If they agree to join a chain-gang then up their intake or quality of food but ultimately treat them like the scum they are and make prisons more like cattle sheds. The whole "slopping-out" debacle was ridiculous.

This guy in the states was on the ball in terms of how a prison should be run:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

My sympathies Millie.And am glad your situation was improved albeit through your own work and expense.Such selfish irresponsible lowlife families are fairly numerous throughout the country and the authorities are too lax and generous in dealing with them.

People talk about criminals rights and criminals constitutional rights. They should not have most of the constitutional rights as they gave up their right to vote and play a part in the community by their incarcertaion.

Right to free legal aid. NO!

Right to wear your own clothes in prison. NO!

Right to earn money in prison. NO!

Claiming benefits. What the fvck is that all about?

Rights to any contraband. NO! Not even a picture on the wall of your cell. Want a picture on your wall, then write it in your own sh*t.

TV? Communal TV with only bog 1 and bog 2 and ensure the image is analogue.

Re-educate them and if they return to prison on the same charge as the previous one then DOUBLE the sentence.

Only one visitor per week and nobody under 18.

Tracing paper toilet paper like what we had in schools all those years ago.

Did you know that there are a few people in Irish prisons who do not eat Pork so the prison service had to buy two extra fryers for every single Irish prison. I sold them to them. Apparently sausages were being cooked in the fryers and so was certain chicken. 2 Prison Governors even supported the purchase apparently.

Chain gangs. I like the idea and they should have to wear big orange boiler suits or even better, the old black and white ones. Send them into areas of the city that need cleaning up or painting.

Treat a prisoner the same way they have treated society, with contempt.

Our Prison Population should be made earn their keep - Something along the lines of operating State Laundries washing bed linen and clothing for all our Hospitals and Nursing homes etc.

- If there was any thought put into it the could be assigned any number of manual labour type roles where they work at least a 40 hour week for the first time in their miserable lives, saving the State some bit of money and contributing something.

As I type this they are looking for a fresh vein to shoot-up, playing Playstation, sending their Prison Officers on little "errands" and sticking Nokias up their holes.....

i really hope that lad is put away and made an example of.

the problem is they are always chasing the bigger fish. but if you catch the big fish you will have 2 or 3 ready to take their place. probably even starting an internal fued because all 2 or 3 waitng for control will want to take control. sure its grand if they start killing eachother but we only end up with more fueds and incidents like last night.

the gardai need to put every single low life away not just the big shots. but for that to happen we the public have to "nark". its not narking its cleaning the streets of crap. i for one dont want my future kids growing up in this kind of climate.

you are only a "nark" if your on the scumbags side.

we need to stand together and take our city back. have some pride people.

after all Limerick is a lady not a whore

• Advertisement

What's this rumour concerning Wayne leaving the Wild West to head back out on Wimbledon Common just in Casey?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I just don't go outside anymore to be quite honest. As Berty hinted, they probably have a better life in prison than they do outside of it. The Irish system is so bad. Slap on the wrist, there, you can get released well before your time is up. Whenever I see some news report on some prison thhey usually show the rec room which I instantly get jealous over. Why do they have pool tables?

Last sundays sunday world had a story about him, hotel fight, going to uk, think its only on holiday.

Well said Icky. P.S.Guess who's in London[rhymes]during this latest episode?

i think we should put something directly into their water supplies:D that should cut off the gene pool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Expect a Limerick City version of Underbelly to be showing on UK TV very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Melion wrote: »
    Nothing will ever happen in this city until a guard is killed unfortunately. Ive said it before and i stand by it.

Sounds like cynicism there Melion, but watching the docu on CAB last week and the Veronica Guerin situation, there was mention of a gangland plan being uncovered to shoot a cop. The gameplay with Gilligan et al changed after that. So it may be not so cynical. I really don't want it to come to that. Does any right-thinking person?

Anyone ever hear the rumour that the Limerick Feuding Families have successfully made representations in the past to have certain Detectives transferred out of Limerick?

The implication was that they were actually doing a thorough and capable job to the extent that they were making life too difficult for Business to run smoothly.

- Deals were struck to move them on in return for a quiet life, no more messy headlines and bad PR for the Top Brass in the Phoenix Park and the Political representatives involved.

As is I think there is a dangerous Status Quo in place, Drug Gangs happy to operate reasonably carefully under the radar and Gardaí happy enough to show up 20 mins after shootings and throw some Police Tape around, jot down a few statements etc.

old_aussie wrote: »
    Expect a Limerick City version of Underbelly to be showing on UK TV very soon.

where we not already on Mcintyres most dangerous(or something like that) on bravo before??
    topper75 wrote: »
    Sounds like cynicism there Melion, but watching the docu on CAB last week and the Veronica Guerin situation, there was mention of a gangland plan being uncovered to shoot a cop. The gameplay with Gilligan et al changed after that. So it may be not so cynical. I really don't want it to come to that. Does any right-thinking person?

its true unfortunatly. if a guard or army person is ever killed then the whole state will just focus on finding the culprit. they would make an example out of them to make sure it never happens again.

i think every attack/murder should be treated that way but i guess i can see why they do it that way.

maybe we shoulod have more demonstrations to try force these scum out of our fair city.

ideally any time a crime happens if the public just try to remember in as much detail as possible withouit drawing attention to yourselves and ring the garda confidential hotline 1800 666111

the scumbags(and thats all they are. they are not p diddy or eminem or jay z. they are rodents, animals, viruses. they are a cancer on society) they need to realise that they have no role in our culture or community.

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    Anyone ever hear the rumour that the Limerick Feuding Families have successfully made representations in the past to have certain Detectives transferred out of Limerick?

The implication was that they were actually doing a through and capable job to the extent that they were making life too difficult for Business to run smoothly.

- Deals were struck to move them on in return for a quiet life, no more messy headlines and bad PR for the Top Brass in the Phoenix Park and the Political representatives involved.

As is I think there is a dangerous Status Quo in place, Drug Gangs happy to operate reasonably carefully under the radar and Gardaí happy enough to show up 20 mins after shootings and throw some Police Tape around, jot down a few statements etc.

i was with you until this.

i havent heard about anyone being moved out of limerick but dam i hope not. thats scarey if they have that much control.

but the gardai where on the scene withing a couple of mins last night and the 3 people where arrested within an hour of the shooting.

Advertisement