Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more shots fired:(

Options
  • 24-05-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

shots fired at st johns square

happened just a few mins ago when i was passing. just heard a few pops go off. bloody disgrace that these sum have the freedom of the city. i for one wish i seen it so i could tell the gardai.

anyone hear or see anything??

if someone did then ring the confidential line. get these brats out of our city

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

How do you know who was involved if you only heard the gunshots??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

a load of jeeps and unmarked cars went flying past my house there a few mins ago, was wondering what was goin on..

was he hit or killed do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

the usual crap you hear after these things. you always hear people that where involved. yea i seen couple squad cars awhile ago flying up that direction

aparantly he wasnt hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

EDIT: Limerick Leader have changed story to critically injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

DarkJager wrote: »
    Nope, he's dead now.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Murder-investigation-launched-following-Limerick.6316632.jp

He is a "known associate of one of the citys feuding gangs" according to the article so I have zero sympathy for him. Another scumbag off the streets.

Now thats the kind of attitude everyone needs to adopt to this scum, zero tolerance and zero sympathy for them. Dont mind the "oh but what about their families" if your missus, sister, brother or husband went out doing the stuff they do you'd ether have left them long ago or stopped them yourselves.

These scum deserve everything they get and shouldnt be morned in any way at all. I dont get upset when a scab falls off a cut, its good for the body to be rid of it, no difference at all. Fair play DarkJager for speaking the truth.

• Advertisement

as you said mate another piece of crap off the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

They have more kids faster than they can kill each other off though :(

Guys near me got jail time for dealing. Delighted.

You can bet that a scumbag sitting in a car with 7 people was not planning a picnic.

wouldnt it be great if they kept just shooting eachother and left the innocents alone:D

Icky Thump wrote: »
    wouldnt it be great if they kept just shooting eachother and left the innocents alone:D

Wouldn't it be great if we could just round them all up and put them in a gas chamber?

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if we could just round them all up and put them in a gas chamber?

we woulkd need some kind of transport to round them up in.............. and a compound of sorts to put them in..................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Harpy wrote: »

dead. died shortly after he got to the hospital

although the leader changed their story?????

Harpy wrote: »

So the gardai had launched a murder investigation only for him to not be dead but critically injured? Way to jump the gun (excuse the pun) Limerick Leader!

they may have asked the media not to report him dead yet until they notify family and such or for other reasons that we might not understand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

although the leader changed their story?????

Legally they have to. When someone is killed and the gardai have not arrested anyone the press can call it murder. But if someone is arrested they MUST call it an unlawful killing(or critically injured as is in this case). Its to ensure the accused gets a fair trial and the jury wont decide he is a murderer because of what they read in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

The champagne corks will be popping in the Sunday World offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Has been named as Daniel Philips of Crecora, Ballinacurra Weston.

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/man-shot-dead-in-limerick-gangland-hit-120697.html

i guess they really where ahead of themselves(no pun intended because he was shot in the head)

accoding to breaking news he was shot in the head and is critical.

well for now it seems he is still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Has been named as Daniel Philips of Crecora, Ballinacurra Weston.

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/man-shot-dead-in-limerick-gangland-hit-120697.html

Familiar replay of scenes outside and inside Casualty area of Mid Western Regional Hospital when gangs,clans,tribes gather following violent incidents.Usually plague and pester Medical staff,Secuity,other outpatients and their relatives. A plague on civilised society!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anachsnout

the crims are always gonna wipie each other out. they are roaring laughing that we closed down the head shops. their phones are hopping since

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

anachsnout wrote: »
    the crims are always gonna wipie each other out. they are roaring laughing that we closed down the head shops. their phones are hopping since
    What? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Is it true that Wayne Dundon got a beating off the Caseys? Imagine if they were to take over from the Dundons. Fryingpans and fire spring to mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

This city needs a serious shake up as it's lawless at present.
    It's a very scary place to live in right now.

well your right Millie there is way too much freedom for the scum.

at least the public where quick with info last night and the gardai arrested 3 within an hour of the shooting. and as i hear someone is going to be done for it. so fair play to the Gardai. what ever critics they have they seem to be clamping down on this stuff fast

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gunman-on-bicycle-fails-to-kill-victim-in-gang-attack-2193017.html

It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who did it. It's a case of kill and go to jail for safety or be killed.

Yes fair play to the Gardai but there is only so much they can do if the law is not changed. Tougher sentences and less of the PC brigade is in order.

Gymsey wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gunman-on-bicycle-fails-to-kill-victim-in-gang-attack-2193017.html

It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who did it. It's a case of kill and go to jail for safety or be killed.

That's for sure :)
    Shame only one of them was injured...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

Its all well and good to wish the absolute worst for these people but at what consequence?!! Limerick, despite the very best efforts of the people living there, is at rock bottom.

We've seen before that just letting them fight it out between themselves doesn't work (R.I.P. Shane Geoghegan and Roy Collins). So how do you combat it...

It disgusts me that Limerick is again making the headlines like this, the tabloids and RTÉ are surely ecstatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

..accoding to breaking news he was shot in the head and is critical.

well for now it seems he is still alive

He's currently in Cork - was transferred there to deal with the head injury.

Advertisement