Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overkill, bang/knife kills, semi/full auto

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

The rules say when that close to someone 2 or 3 shots to the abdomen will do the job, there would be a punishment for doing that to someone. There is also the knife kill option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

Ok the bang/knife kill rule when used rigth is good BUT how many idiots are out there.I was playing a cqb when a superman ran into the room shouting bang bang bang.killing all 3 of us that had taken up cover in different areas.the marshel said he saved us from being shot up close....no way in hell he hits all 3.Also 2 of us shot him as he came in and were told that they didnt count as we were dead and should have used the bang rule because we were to close anyway...i have never gone back

Deadpool wrote: »
    Ok the bang/knife kill rule when used rigth is good BUT how many idiots are out there.I was playing a cqb when a superman ran into the room shouting bang bang bang.killing all 3 of us that had taken up cover in different areas.the marshel said he saved us from being shot up close....no way in hell he hits all 3.Also 2 of us shot him as he came in and were told that they didnt count as we were dead and should have used the bang rule because we were to close anyway...i have never gone back

I had that done to me before too, which is why I never played there again or allowed the bang kills on any of our sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

well just two examples that came up over the weekend where the bang kill was incorrectly used and caused alot of confusion

we had a guy in the top of the base, with the other team all around the bottom of the base, the lads pointed their guns at the up at the gap where he was and he shouted ''Surrender'' instead of bang, so all the other team thought he had given up, me included and I called game as the objective was to clear the base

the other was we had a player walk up, real casual by a position of a player who i was standing beside and he said very low ''.... dead'' instead of bang to the player who replied ''oh your dead, no problem'' out loud as he thought he was a player going back to the safezone and I have to say I thought the same thing until I saw him walk towards the base and get shot and go respawn, then after he respawned and came back up giving out to the other player saying I bang killed you etc and wouldn't believe me or the player to say he hadn't said it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

The rules say when that close to someone 2 or 3 shots to the abdomen will do the job, there would be a punishment for doing that to someone. There is also the knife kill option.

Firing squad:eek:? Please tell me there will be firing squads:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

J.D.R wrote: »
    Nope, try that and you'll get legal mumbo-jumbo.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Nope, try that and you'll get legal mumbo-jumbo.

Then exlain to the lawyers that he wasn't taking his hits, or using overkill. Im sure they'll understand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Then exlain to the lawyers that he wasn't taking his hits, or using overkill. Im sure they'll understand
    I doubt assault is an appropriate way of dealing with cheating...

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I doubt assault is an appropriate way of dealing with cheating...

True, but the threat of assault would be. You tell someone straight out that if they get a bit too trigger happy, or don't take their hits, that when they get caught they will be put against a wall and have all the other players open up on them for a set amount of time, then they will definitely think twice about cheating.

To avoid legal problems, have all the players sign a voluntary waiver at the start of the day. Those who don't cheat will sign it and play as normal, and for those who don't, the marshals can keep a closer eye on in the days gaming, and everyone is happy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

True, but the threat of assault would be. You tell someone straight out that if they get a bit too trigger happy, or don't take their hits, that when they get caught they will be put against a wall and have all the other players open up on them for a set amount of time, then they will definitely think twice about cheating.

To avoid legal problems, have all the players sign a voluntary waiver at the start of the day. Those who don't cheat will sign it and play as normal, and for those who don't, the marshals can keep a closer eye on in the days gaming, and everyone is happy:)

That seems a good idea in practice but it's really not, there's been many threads on here about firing squads and the debate around them, they're just not worth the hassle.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Better again, place in the standard waiver that if the individual is caught cheating they have 2 chances.
    1. verbal warning
    2. put out of play
    3. told to leave.
    No legal issues whatsoever. :)

Fair enough. I conceed to the lawyers. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Wow, all that needs to happen is for someone to mention IASRA and this thread will have all the fail required for a boards.ie registered certificate of fail.

Firing squads are for morons. It's pretty much an acknowledgement that there are cheaters at your site and you relish in corporal punishment of them. Whatever about any legal stuff, any site owner who thinks they're okay needs their stupid membrane examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Sure just have a knife in the office to threaten them with and save the bb's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

madmaxi wrote: »
    Better again, place in the standard waiver that if the individual is caught cheating they have 2 chances.
    1. verbal warning
    2. put out of play
    3. told to leave.
    No legal issues whatsoever. :)

The place I played at the weekend skips one and two =)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

True, but the threat of assault would be.
    The legal word for the threat of assault is "assault".

The legal word for the threat of assault is "assault".

Is it not threatening behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

The Bang Kill doesnt seem to work to me,
    (but havnt seen knife kill in action)

I saw an unfortunate instance where someone offered a bang kill, around a corner in a house, and recieved a resonse of two to the hand at 2 feet!

The marshall had to get envolved, as tempers got slightly elevated, but I dont think it was anybodys fault, just too vague a rule!

The marshalls were very good at mediating this and also kill testing people (as there were a few people not taking hits), and there were 2 marshalls with 40 players.

Good job Go Tactical!:cool:

Is it not threatening behaviour?
    My understanding (based admittedly on the American legal system) is that making someone fear for their safety is assault. Setting the firing squad on them is battery (basically any unconsented touching). Anyway, it's just semantics, point is they're all bad, whatever we call them.

I always thought The Warehouse (haven't played in the newer locations) had an excellent attitude to cheating. A lot of proactive marshaling, clear policy and no pulling of punches.

The bang rule is for paintball, where you can hurt somebody. Bang has its place in airsoft, but between individual players, not as a rule. Saying "Bang!" is a situation where the response isn't "Phew, thanks!" is taking the piss. It can work the other way too - probably the last shots fired at Sennybridge on Sunday weren't fired at all, my position was stormed and I was out of ammo and said "I'll take a hit." And as it should be, the response to that too was "Thanks!". Individual courtesy option, yes. Rule, not for airsoft because there's no risk of injury to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

just my 2 cents here, i bang killed someone at the weekend, stalked them for a bit and got right behind them without them noticing, i poked the gun to his back and said bang and he took the kill, pretty happy that i didnt shoot him point blank in the back.
    in my opnion thats how it should be done, not shouting from the far side of a site/arena bang.

• Advertisement

just my 2 cents here, i bang killed someone at the weekend, stalked them for a bit and got right behind them without them noticing, i poked the gun to his back and said bang and he took the kill, pretty happy that i didnt shoot him point blank in the back.
    in my opnion thats how it should be done, not shouting from the far side of a site/arena bang.

Granted, but what you done was a knife kill with the word bang.

My understanding (based admittedly on the American legal system) is that making someone fear for their safety is assault. Setting the firing squad on them is battery (basically any unconsented touching). Anyway, it's just semantics, point is they're all bad, whatever we call them.

I always thought The Warehouse (haven't played in the newer locations) had an excellent attitude to cheating. A lot of proactive marshaling, clear policy and no pulling of punches.

The bang rule is for paintball, where you can hurt somebody. Bang has its place in airsoft, but between individual players, not as a rule. Saying "Bang!" is a situation where the response isn't "Phew, thanks!" is taking the piss. It can work the other way too - probably the last shots fired at Sennybridge on Sunday weren't fired at all, my position was stormed and I was out of ammo and said "I'll take a hit." And as it should be, the response to that too was "Thanks!". Individual courtesy option, yes. Rule, not for airsoft because there's no risk of injury to avoid.

Wow, first, I have already retracted my, hindsightedly, foolish suggestions about the firing squads and assault.

But, I think the point about the bang rule not really stopping serious injury is exactly why the idea of, instead of a bang kill, a double tap to the chest/abdoman/well padded area of the bodyis great. Once taken on board by players, then there should be no serious close quarters injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

Granted, but what you done was a knife kill with the word bang.

oh right haha well then i knife killed lol:D

i reckon there should be more indepth breifing, id rather sit through an extra 5 mins in the morning then put up with crap all day

oh right haha well then i knife killed lol:D

i reckon there should be more indepth breifing, id rather sit through an extra 5 mins in the morning then put up with crap all day

Well we (and I think most sites now) give a god 5 minute speach before the start of the day to everyone explaing all these rules. That is the best way of dealing with this sort of stuff, making sure everyone is informed and understand the rules before the game.

But, I think the point about the bang rule not really stopping serious injury is exactly why the idea of, instead of a bang kill, a double tap to the chest/abdoman/well padded area of the bodyis great. Once taken on board by players, then there should be no serious close quarters injuries.
    There won't be, there wouldn't be, there can't be serious close quarters injuries. That's the whole point of the 1 Joule Rule. What we're talking about here is a temporary stinging sensation, which is why it's polite to offer a bang rather than necessary. Talking about injury from being shot with an airsoft gun is misrepresenting the game.

The obvious exception being teeth, of course, but people not protecting their teeth know the risks they're taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Just wondering were did every one get this bang kill rule from, As there has never been such a rule, As is said in our rules, Participants may ask opponents within 10ft to surrender, but the opponent is not required to respond. If they do respond that they surrender, it is the same as being eliminated.
    just go's to show how many people must have read all the rules.

Paul.

hrta wrote: »
    Just wondering were did every one get this bang kill rule from, As there has never been such a rule, As is said in our rules, Participants may ask opponents within 10ft to surrender, but the opponent is not required to respond. If they do respond that they surrender, it is the same as being eliminated.
    just go's to show how many people must have read all the rules.

Paul.

Its not about your site Paul, its about the band rule in general. There are a few sites that operated it now and they all have different interpretations.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Its not about your site Paul, its about the band rule in general. There are a few sites that operated it now and they all have different interpretations.

I was not on about our site, just what is in our rule's, but i have never seen bang kill in any airsoft site rule book, so i was just wondering were it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

it was always more a courtesy than a rule if you look anywhere.
    when i play in spain its a courtesy seems to be like that else where too

• Advertisement

I shot 6 people before close up (on semi) and was told that I wasen't aloud to do that and I HAD to offer the bang kill first.

Advertisement