Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overkill, bang/knife kills, semi/full auto

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I agree that if theres multiple people in the room then thats a bit stupid, if theres multiple people in the room then they should just double tap them on single shot, but if theres only one person then i think bang kills should be used.

Its getting a bit to complicated when you start talking amount of people in rooms and what not though no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

A lot of people don't like the pain caused by cqb but obviously the bang rule can't work in a cqb environment anyway, you couldn't have an indoor site with that rule in place, it just wouldn't work. I would prefer to sneak up, tap someone on the shoulder and see the surprise on their face as you walk on sniggering.

I guess its a matter of opinion though.

True, when i played indoor, i offered a bang kill to players, who were within 10 feet, in my line of sight, not behind cover. Most took the hit, players that did not, got a double tap to the upper body.

When i play i am not out to hurt people, just have some good clean fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I have been on the receiving end of some pretty horrendous full auto bursts to the back at point blank range during CQB scenarios (and they were not from my own team :) ) so I would definitely be in favour of a bang or knife kill rule.
    A simple double tap is effective too if the person is not willing to acknowledge the "kill".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bang rule - Courtesty, player discretion, causes so much confusion and aggro i wish it would just be forgotten about and hope that common sense prevails.

Semi auto indoor and in CQb is a must for a fun enviroment. Using full auto indoors or cqb is fail and just makes for **** games.

Knife kills are immense

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

I personally always try to avoid causing my targets pain. So I avoid aiming for the head, etc. If the head is all I can see I'll usually try and reposition to increase my chances of missing the head or just wait for the target to move. I'm almost never on full auto anyway but its certainly semi/single in cqb. Only need 1 beeb to get the kill after all.

Big fan of the bang kill, as sometimes you're very close and it's the right thing to do. It is only a game after all. Guess it's like touch rugby in a way. Sure I could hammer a couple of beebs into your chest/legs/arse but since you're hit either way I might as well be gentle :p

Had a nice occurrence in January, coming around a corner and meeting an enemy head on. Double bang killed each other... was funny caus we both jumped from fright. I guess we could have agreed a parley but you don't see that option/rule used often.

• Advertisement

So, no bang kill (knife kills instead) and a rule that when your close up go semu auto (or even single tap if you can).

That sound like a good scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Its getting a bit to complicated when you start talking amount of people in rooms and what not though no?
    Well, when briefing at the start of each game then explain that the bang kill can be used but not only one person, if theres multiple people in the room then just double tap them.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

TheDoc wrote: »
    Bang rule - Courtesty, player discretion, causes so much confusion and aggro i wish it would just be forgotten about and hope that common sense prevails.

Semi auto indoor and in CQb is a must for a fun enviroment. Using full auto indoors or cqb is fail and just makes for **** games.

Knife kills are immense

If im playing with airsoft players that i know wont riddle me from 2 or 3 metres , i actually prefer semi-auto, adds fear and realism....

if you riddle me in full auto and then have the cheek to tell me to take me hit i will spas 14 you back to last week.... :D

but i have nothing but respect for a airsoft player that can get close enough without me knowing and knife kill me(you know who you are).... i also think that if you are knife killed you should not shout "HIT" just drop to the ground or walk off and respawn....

So to close, you know me use semi wisely, you dont know me just try full auto.....first round on me .....all the other rounds on you....

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Semi auto all the way in close quaters, and i think that the bang kill rule should only be used when you have someone who is unaware of your presence (you are behind him and have him dead in the water.

Ive had experiances with some people jumping out shouting 'BANG BANG BANG' in front of me when we both had ammo and were aware of where each of us were.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 silverhare

The bang rule is just too unrealistic for me. Too much like being eight again and pointing cap guns at my mates. If you're in a position to use the bang rule, you're in a position to shout 'didi mau' or 'Hande Hoch!' or, make a knife kill. This gives your opponent the opportunity to avoid a possibly painful close range hit, the choice is theirs ;)

That said, my preference is most definitely for CQB. CQB and a bang rule mean you might never squeeze the trigger.

I really don't care if people are on full or semi, so long as a little sense is used. Short bursts on auto and the occasional single tap should be enough to hit any acquired target, longer bursts to lay down suppressing fire.

• Advertisement

It seems like people are in general agreement about the knife kill rule (that its epic) and most agree that a few rounds close up is no harm.

I'll adjust our rules to suit the consensus, thanks for all the posts guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Hardtop

I have no issues with full auto in cqb, 3 or 6 round bursts is fine, part of the problem i think is people having five or 6 highcaps on them for a game that lasts 15 minutes. there is just no incentive to conserve ammunition.

when we went to the mall they didn't call it a bang rule, they called it surrender ie: if you came up on some one from behind you could ask them to surrender and they could if they wanted try and turn and take you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

What I hate is the 'we dont use the bang rule but you can use the bang rule' speil...Ive often used the bang rule on such a site only to have someone whip around (or try to) and piss their own weight in plastic at me...(whats the skill involved in that).
    If your behind someone and within a reasonable distance they should take it...

And as for using 'bang' in a room with more than one person, its just as easy to point your aeg and shout bang at each of them as it is to point your aeg and squeeze...if you expect to kill all of them with the one bang do you expect to kill all of them with the one shot?

€0.02

What I hate is the 'we dont use the bang rule but you can use the bang rule' speil...Ive often used the bang rule on such a site only to have someone whip around (or try to) and piss their own weight in plastic at me...(whats the skill involved in that).
    If your behind someone and within a reasonable distance they should take it...

If you offered an enemy to surrender he/she mite just turn and shoot you too. That is the reason we barred the rule from the warehouse, just to avoid confusion.
    And as for using 'bang' in a room with more than one person, its just as easy to point your aeg and shout bang at each of them as it is to point your aeg and squeeze...if you expect to kill all of them with the one bang do you expect to kill all of them with the one shot?

€0.02

No but you could just pull the tirgger and whip the gun across the room killing everyone in a fraction of the time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Agent Larkin

I like both the knife and bang kill rule because they are both useful in different circumstances.

However as someone who can't afford a helmet yet and only has a Balaclava to stop pellets I'm a big fan of the Semi rule.

Hi all, thanks a lot for all your comments. Our rules have been adjusted to suit the majority of your opinions.

Our new rules are:

When close use the knife kill if possible, other wise it must be a single (or two) shots into the abdomen.

Semi (Or Burst) fire will be instructed instead of full auto for engagements

The Bang kill is still not allowed on any Airsoft Reloaded site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Why is the bang kill 'not allowed'?

I don't understand why it's effectively barred, when it's just a courtesy. Both knife & bang have their uses, and bang could be used a differently. I can understand why it wouldn't be enforced by marshals (as it's a courtesy, and is users choice to give/take), but cannot see why banned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Inari wrote: »
    Why is the bang kill 'not allowed'?

I don't understand why it's effectively barred, when it's just a courtesy. Both knife & bang have their uses, and bang could be used a differently. I can understand why it wouldn't be enforced by marshals (as it's a courtesy, and is users choice to give/take), but cannot see why banned

Bang kills have caused more rows than anything else in my experience.

Either some loser pops up 20 years away and goes 'bang!' or some other loser gets all pissy because you didn't take the bang kill hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rossla

Not a fan of bangkill myself, I'd prefare knife kills up close or a shot or 2, but i dont use a shotgun for cqb to offer bang kills when i'm in the best range to use it

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Bang kills have caused more rows than anything else in my experience.

Either some loser pops up 20 years away and goes 'bang!' or some other loser gets all pissy because you didn't take the bang kill hit.

Thats exactly why !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 silverhare

When close use the knife kill if possible, other wise it must be a single (or two) shots into the abdomen.

Chest and abdomen are the easiest shots to make, and at that sort of range, one should not miss, surely arms and legs are ok too?

Also, I assume you've gone with the full face mask policy you had in the warehouse. (Teeth only grow back once! )

silverhare wrote: »
    Chest and abdomen are the easiest shots to make, and at that sort of range, one should not miss, surely arms and legs are ok too?

Arms and legs are fine too yes.
    silverhare wrote: »
    Also, I assume you've gone with the full face mask policy you had in the warehouse. (Teeth only grow back once! )

We are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

gerrowadat wrote: »

20 years! Bang kills through time and space. Sure ye'd need to get yer bb's up to 88 miles an hour for that kinda action. ;)

Seriously though, I agree, seen more hassle caused by bang kills than any other single thing in airsoft. While I do occasionally offer them (usually when it's a close range head shot or nothing), and will usually take them, I'd honestly prefer a polite shot or two to my chest.

Knife kills are epic, but rules should state that one remains silent after a knife kill to show proper respect for the sneakiness and ninja like reflexes of the knife killer.

Nobody likes overkill, especially at close range, if you cant do it with 2 or 3 bbs then you should practice shooting stuff a bit. Unloading half a high cap on someone from 10 feet or less is just bad form and wont win you any friends.

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Knife kills are epic, but rules should state that one remains silent after a knife kill to show proper respect for the sneakiness and ninja like reflexes of the knife killer.

That will be the rule mate.
    Spetzcong wrote: »
    Nobody likes overkill, especially at close range, if you cant do it with 2 or 3 bbs then you should practice shooting stuff a bit. Unloading half a high cap on someone from 10 feet or less is just bad form and wont win you any friends.

That sort of thing is always discouraged anyway but yeah.

Hay guys, we have updated our rules. If you don't mind will you pop onto; http://airsoftreloaded.ie/siterules.html and let us know what you think here?

We are trying to get a better perspective of what you guys want !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I'd suggest shortening "Knifekill" to "Knife" as it's more likely to be said than "Knifekill".

With regard to Full Face Mask...is that compulsary, or just advised. And on that note, do goggles + lower face guard (e.g. bitter end) count as full mask

Inari wrote: »
    I'd suggest shortening "Knifekill" to "Knife" as it's more likely to be said than "Knifekill".

With regard to Full Face Mask...is that compulsary, or just advised. And on that note, do goggles + lower face guard (e.g. bitter end) count as full mask

Its not cimpulsary but you should be aware, I have seen serious injuries from people not wearing full face masks.

I will shorten to Knife, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭DKILLER12

In my opininion the bang kill should not be barred. Mainly because of safety reasons.

e.g. Myself and my dad were playing at a site and we were playing hunt the sniper. Myself and my dad were the last out of 4 snipers left with about 10 on the other team. When they came close i moved position. I got to a bush and hid in it. A fella came around the corner and riddled me with about 15 shots at 2 foot. Being that my dad was the only one now left and wasnt to far away from me they went searching... They eventually found him.... But the SAME fella that shot me shot my dad from a very close range aswell. But riddling my dad in the face and chipping one of his teeth. Luckly it wasnt a bad chip. :eek::eek:

That is why it should be allowed, for the safety of the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

That's just a person acting the tw*t...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

While i agree that the bang kill shouldnt be banned, what that guy done is called stupidity. I hate when people get right up beside you and lace you out of it when all it takes is 1 shot or else just say bang :rolleyes:

Advertisement