Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex during period?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Ah the blood sports, I'm defo a fan and none of my exes had a problem with it

However!!! A lot of my male and female friends I total disagreement so I'm afraid you're gonna have to feel it out with your current beau yourself. I'd tale the approach a previous poster suggested about saying "oh I can't I'm..." as things are hotting up and guage his reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I am always so so horny during my period. However havin had sex once with an ex during it, the look of disgust on his face, the running to the bathroom to clean up, and saying 'theres quite a lot of blood', has def put me off doing it again. You don't want to feel disgusting, nobody does.

Your ex was an immature idiot. Even if the experience grossed him out all he had to say was that he wouldn't be doing it again. No need for all the histrionics.

OP, it has never bothered me. In fact I have a couple of burgundy beach towels that I bought for expressly that purpose.

If you really want to try it but are still squeamish, try Instead cups. You can have penetrative sex while wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Its certainly not recommended to have a tampon in while having sex. We were told during our (rather quite good) female hygiene/sex ed talks in school that there is the very obvious danger of being unable to get it out afterwards (considering they should be changed every 4 - 8 hours, getting one stuck isn't a good idea) and it can cause bruising and small tears that could leave you more susceptible to infections.

Your girlfriend holds onto the string of the tampon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

The overtones of "eww, gross" and "ick, unclean" in this thread are a little depressing. A period is not a freak accidental occurrence or a surprise or a dirty secret, it's the most normal and most natural thing in the world. Yes, it's messy. So's a blow job. Sex is messy.

Personally, I've never had a problem with it and neither have any of my boyfriends... my current one is totally fine with it, but I still always let him know before sex if I am on my period, just to give him a heads up. Towel down, shower afterwards... it's grand! Amazing for getting rid of cramps as well, and orgasms are (reportedly) much stronger. I find it actually shortens my period by a day or so, too.

krudler wrote: »
    Most people would tbf, to most people blood is really offputting, the idea of trying to relax and have sex while imagining theres blood in places where it normally isnt is a bit unsettling.

Funny, I'd say one week out of four would make it somewhere that blood normally IS, on quite a regular basis.

blofd wrote: »

Still unbelievably dangerous. She could be doing serious damage to her cervix. Really, really, really a bad idea. Seriously, stop doing this. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy someone shoving a tampon inside your body and ramming it repeatedly, even if you COULD get it back out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

It´s just blood. Why is blood seen as unclean but sperm is not???? That makes no sense.

To be honest, the first time I discover the guy I´m with is okay with having hanky-panky during my period, I think, "jackpot!" as it usually follows that he´s pretty adventurous about everything else.

• Advertisement

I started sleeping with my new (at the time) boyfriend just before my period started too. It was our third time in bed together, and I assumed that we wouldn't go 'all the way', as happened with my ex at these times. Yet, with the enthusiasm of new lovers, we couldn't wait a week. And oh my lord, but it was a revelation. I had never had an orgasm through just penetration before. The sensation was incredible.

Towels (not your best fluffy white ones) and showers afterwards are highly recommended too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Zema Grim

test the water, if he says yes then go for it, nothing wrong with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Do not attempt to have set with a tampon in, it's dangerous and frankly stupid.

Yes there are added risks if you are having sex with a woman when she is bleeding,
    and most people have a normal and natural aversion to blood which is not theirs
    due to the may possible infections and pathogens.

Wear a condom or just don't have sex if it's an issue for you.
    Most women if they are turn on enough will temporarily stop bleeding and and a bath beforehand and a towel just in case is all that is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

Back in the day my g/f and I would make sure to have sex during her period.She said it helped with the cramps and it was the only time we could have sex without a condom(not advising anyone to do the same).I dont understand why men have a problem with period sex as sex is meant to be messy anyway.Try sharing a shower and then you wont have a problem cleaning up and its more fun.Also leaving a Tampon in is a clean way of having oral as the parts you need to concentrate on are outside the Tampon anyway.

generally why girls get so "frisky" during their periods is because its one of the most fertile times of the month and very easy to get pregnant(despite wives tails of not being able to get pregnant during your period), not using a condom isnt recommended!infact, its probably more necessary to wear one during this time
    sex during your period is a lot more intense! it just feels better, but i suppose its not for everyone! we're used to it every month, but the poor boys might get freaked out :) like others have said, i think its best to test the water as everyone is different

good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

amber23 I suggest you go and learn how the female reproduction cycle works cos during a period is far from the most fertil time in a womans's cycle.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Interactives/Health/WomensHealth/zFlashAssets/menstrual_cycle_dw2%5B1%5D.swf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 raoulduke1

I have never had a problem with it personally and I was suprised at how my previous two girlfriends re-acted when i told them this, initially they were embarassed with my relaxedness about sex during their periods but once I asured them that I had no problems with it and it just became a non-issue. I could never understand why they felt that just because they were having their period I wouldn't find them attractive or desirable is beyond me, they were still the same beautiful women i had fallen in love with, and since I assume they felt the same way about me (between a period once a month and my face all the time i would gladly choose the former) it seemed ridiculous to me not to express that in our usual physical way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I would be interested in knowing WHY women are a their horniest at this time of the month when so many men don´t like having sex with us at this time. A cruel twist of nature or is there an actual reason?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Could be as simple as the subconscious notion that they cant get pregnant* so they relax more, or the increase of blood supply to the area increases desire and sensitivity?

*Unlikely but still possible

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

blofd wrote: »

Besides the obvious danger a girl's poor cervix would be in if she were to wear a tampon while having sex, I can't imagine anything less sexy thank having to hold on to a wee bit of cotton string while going at it?!

I'm exceptionally horny during my period - which for a variet of reasons I get about 1 or twice a year - and with the right partner it can prove to be an exceptionally good idea - definately helps with cramping at any rate.

It's a personal choice, but take the advice of other posters, towel down, candles and a shower together afterwards, and if you really want brownie points fill her a hot water bottle and put her pjs on a rad to warm up, then into the bed for a cuddle - I know that my week of insane hormonal bitchiness a whole lot better.. :D

OP here, thanks a lot for your opinions guys, it was really helpful.

Well, thankfully he didn't have a problem with it, which was cool of him... and yeah, it was slightly messier than usual, but still a lot of fun.

So all's well that ends well! :D

Advertisement