Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e/w against the favourite log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Somebody doesn't fancy him to be placed 5/4 a place now

13/2 to 7/2 with the bookies and a drifter out to 2.38 in the place market. That is strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Didn't place so bullet dodged.

Medici Palace in the 18:30 at Beverley. 9/2 looks a possible, but the only bookies showing 9/2 now are ones that I don't have an account with.

No bet............... very little value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybes?

2:10 MAIDEN AUCTION STAKES 6f (NEWC) Mysterious Bounty & Anddante
    3:40 HANDICAP (0-60) 1m 1f 209yds (BRIG) Noah Jameel

mike65 wrote: »
    Maybes?

2:10 MAIDEN AUCTION STAKES 6f (NEWC) Mysterious Bounty & Anddante
    3:40 HANDICAP (0-60) 1m 1f 209yds (BRIG) Noah Jameel

I had a look at the 2.10 http://tipsterform.com/ev/
    Another bullet dodged...

My value bet Number 2 is in the 3-40 Brighton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    I had a look at Vilnius but its evens to be placed on BF, so no value for me.
    Somebody doesn't fancy him to be placed 5/4 a place now

13/2 to 7/2 with the bookies and a drifter out to 2.38 in the place market. That is strange.

You missed that fact that Fallon had ridden the previous 4 winners and the bookies probably had accums and yankees etc etc riding on the horse.

He had a bad draw and could not win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I'm away at the moment, but when I get back to the house I'm gonna do up an excel sheet to calculate all these odds for us and post it up for all to use. How many races should I allow for and horses per race?

Here's what I've come up with lads, You just need to enter horse name/number, betfair win and place price, bookie price and whether it's 1/4 or 1/5 of the odds for a place in the bookies and it should do the rest, if I've worked everything out correctly. I've attached two excel files, I'm not so sure it works as intended in Excel 2003.

Any comments, questions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated (I know it looks ugly as hell!), I've made up some bookie prices there just for an example of how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

L'prof wrote: »
    Here's what I've come up with lads, You just need to enter horse name/number, betfair win and place price, bookie price and whether it's 1/4 or 1/5 of the odds for a place in the bookies and it should do the rest, if I've worked everything out correctly. I've attached two excel files, I'm not so sure it works as intended in Excel 2003.

Any comments, questions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated (I know it looks ugly as hell!), I've made up some bookie prices there just for an example of how it works.
    Okay, that's coming up as a load of gobbledygook on my Excel 2003. Can you take a look at post no. 94 on here and see if mine's okay and could I add anything to it?

Verance wrote: »
    Okay, that's coming up as a load of gobbledygook on my Excel 2003. Can you take a look at post no. 94 on here and see if mine's okay and could I add anything to it?

I'll edit the 2003 file and re-upload it. How about now?

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I gets ya now! Looking good... I'll stick to mine though, it's sleeker ;)

Oh yeah, I gets ya now! Looking good... I'll stick to mine though, it's sleeker ;)

It doesn't do as much ;) Do you get the same figures?

Yeah, same results... I might add in that price needed for 10% column, should be handy as prices can change quickly...

Yeah, same results... I might add in that price needed for 10% column, should be handy as prices can change quickly...

So can the Betfair prices!

Looks loke there's a few small value races today, nothing massive. The top three in the 2.55 Newmarket are small value, looks like it'll be 60/1ish bar 3 on betfair in the win market..
    A few small value races then, better than the last few quiet days :)

2.55 Newmarket I think is the one you mean. I can't see any value in it myself.
    What's your thinking on it?

Ha the 3 favs! :) Bunce and Swiss Dream around 6-8% advantage atm but one might get bigger in the show, hopefully...

Hmm, I'll wait and hope it drifts, 11s on the exchanges so it might...

Saddlewood in the 2.00 is Massive value at 11s and pretty good at 10s too... 28% at 11s :)

• Advertisement

Saddlewood in the 2.00 is Massive value at 11s and pretty good at 10s too... 28% at 11s :)

There's a non runner.

Still 11s with Bet365 and the NR was taken, is it a mistake?

Still 11s with Bet365 and the NR was taken, is it a mistake?

11 is huge if you can get it. I don't have an account with them.

7's now........

11 is huge if you can get it. I don't have an account with them.

7's now........
    Yup, got it :) Weird market by Bet365, they were only 9s on Crimson Canyon when it was 25s on Betfair... They've all gone to on-course prices now..

3rd 7/1

Value bet 5 wins at 9/2

http://tipsterform.com/ev/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

did any1 catch this race today.?

l missed it :(

http://racing.sportinglife.com/Full_Results/0,12493,377152,00.html

I got it :) backed Stentorian and Windward Islands. I'll try to update the thread if I spot any in the future.

Hey where did that go?? Merjaan in the 3.30 Wolves looks good for anyone with a Bet365 or Will Hill account, around 25-30% advantage.

• Advertisement

The Sussex (3.25) is the mother of all bad each way races! With some bookies going 1/4 odds for place, every runner has positive expected value!! We're looking at over 40% advantage on Beethoven, Maclove and Dream Eater :) Whatever you're backing, do it each way! Only sting in the tail will be a withdrawal so best wait until near the off.

Advertisement