Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,684 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thor is tough. We know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

after the credits
    the baddy at that gave Loki the army is Thanatos a marvel supervillain that usual appears in silver surfer comics and cartoons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    after the credits
    the baddy at that gave Loki the army is Thanatos a marvel supervillain that usual appears in silver surfer comics and cartoons

Close.....but no it's Thanos and yeah he's more linked with Thor and Avengers in general but he was in the short lived silver surfer animated series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Galvasean wrote: »
    Interesting how when Thor loafs him one it leaves a big dint in his helmet.
    Ergo, Thor's head > tank.
    And that is a scientifically demonstrable FACT!!

So its Thor > Iron Man > Tank.

We knew this already surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

syklops wrote: »
    So its Thor > Iron Man > Tank.

We knew this already surely?

Of course. With the thread swaying toward the scientific justifications (or lack thereof) of various supper hero abilities I thought I'd ad that in a humourous (based on the on thread reaction to said post perhaps 'ham-fisted' would be a better term) manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Putlock

" PUNY GOD "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Some fantastic screen shots and design elements.
    http://cargocollective.com/jayse/Avengers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bullseye1 wrote: »

Wow, just wow.
    Certainly seems up Whedons alley.

One thing though, Thor wasn't written by him so we can't guarantee that was his long term plot.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Had been looking forward to this :D

• Advertisement

The best thing about the article is it reminded me of how excellent that cartoon was. Now, off to watch Gargoyles again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Having read that I would be very surprised if that's not the direction the next one will take. Makes perfect sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Having read that I would be very surprised if that's not the direction the next one will take. Makes perfect sense!

I can hear a script being ripped up, in Hollywood, in favour for this

For those interested Super High Resolution Character Shots. Images vary in size up to 4MB
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=59367

Avengers is now #3 in the all time list and has surpassed TDK as the highest grossing comic book movie in the US. With a August release in Japan it will be interesting to see if it can reach Titanic numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Avengers is now #3 in the all time list and has surpassed TDK as the highest grossing comic book movie in the US. With a August release in Japan it will be interesting to see if it can reach Titanic numbers.
    well it passed out TDK about 300 million dollars ago (worldwide), it passed out harry potter to move into third of all time,

it would be great for it to beat at least one of camerons films, but itll be harder now that titanic was given an extra 3-400 million dollars from its 3D outing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Have to say I'm surprised that this film did so well. Every Marvel film leading up to it generally received average reviews and average numbers at the BO excluding Iron Man.

It really has hit a surprise knock out blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Said it once and said it before.. Whedon has the magic touch.

Although watched 'Thor' on Friday night, and absolutely loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Said it once and said it before.. Whedon has the magic touch.

Although watched 'Thor' on Friday night, and absolutely loved it!

first time seeing it? I thought it was the best of the Avengers buildup movies. I'd love to see a big budget Masters Of The Universe movie done with that kind of scale and design. Hemsworth would actually make a damn good He-Man :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I agree,

It was the one that surprised me the most too. It was the only one of the build up movies that I didn't see in the cinema and I really regret it.

Have to say I really like Chris Hemsworth I hope he gets some decent films down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, first time seeing it.. it's been unwatched on my media drive along with Captain America for months.

Haven't watched Captain America yet.. but not holding out much hope for it.. as heard real mixed reviews.

Captain America is good but doesn't stand up to repeated viewings. I would rate Thor best, arguably even better than the RDJ show...I mean Iron Man. ;)

Captain America is good, but its let down by a really rushed 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Captain America is good but doesn't stand up to repeated viewings. I would rate Thor best, arguably even better than the RDJ show...I mean Iron Man. ;)

whom without we wouldn't have this very fine thread ;)

don ramo wrote: »
    whom without we wouldn't have this very fine thread ;)

Fair point. ;) It's actually interesting, would Marvel have plowed on with their vision had Iron Man bombed?

Fair point. ;) It's actually interesting, would Marvel have plowed on with their vision had Iron Man bombed?

Not a hope would they its safe to say I think.

I wonder will the success of The Avengers lead to bigger box office for the individual movies now. I have a feeling it will as a lot of people will have watched it without seeing all the other films which would lead to them going back and seeking the other films out.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Captain America is good, but its let down by a really rushed 2nd half.

its a great buildup and origin story then rehashes the same overcoming adversity from the first act. one thing all the buildup movies have is great ending credit sequences, I really wish they'd put the end sequece to Cap at the beginning, its brilliant, same with Thor. I hate how movies are in such a rush to get into the film now for ADD audiences, some movies just need a big opening credit sequence, Superman being a perfect example.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Captain America is good but doesn't stand up to repeated viewings.

Agree.
    Watched it a few days before seeing The Avengers. Not one to rewatch, replay value isn't great at all. Thor and Iron Man hold up better.

Cap has my favourite score out of all the Marvel movies(with Thor a close second), also agree the title sequences should be at the start, I've always seen it as something that super hero movies should have. I think the Marvel movies might be the only ones that don't do it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I actually preferred Cap on rewatch(es). When I saw it in the cinema, I felt a little let down by the rushed ending. On rewatch, when you're expecting it, it's easier to adapt to the odd pacing and, hence, less of a let-down.

Advertisement