Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy ... any info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

One of the most important interviews of your life,I would wear a suit if it was me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deanfitzg

One of the most important interviews of your life,I would wear a suit if it was me!

Yea I wore one for mine, its pretty relaxed but id still go with the suit just to be on the safe side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Gonna have to go back on my last comment and say I won't be wearing a suit... Traveling down from Kilkenny on a bus with a sports bag, will only crease the **** out of anything I put into it... I'll have to make do with jeans :-/

I would've liked to wear one though, hopefully my references make up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭rockagusroll

Did you not have an interview before? We were told we'd have one too but when we got there we were told we'd already passed that stage :) I still went down in a suit though, just wore it in but I'd to change for my medical then!

Did you not have an interview before? We were told we'd have one too but when we got there we were told we'd already passed that stage :) I still went down in a suit though, just wore it in but I'd to change for my medical then!

No, I have to all in one day tomorro!.. I'm actually down in the B&B now, betcha I'll be the only one without a suit tomorro, although I did the army interview without a suit before and passed that, just tripped on fitness after it tho!

• Advertisement

Ah sure don't let it worry you then. Best of luck for tomorrow and let us know how you get on or if you've heard any other news on when we'l know etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

That's what I was thinking as well, I was meant to do the interview again, according to the email anyway but once I got down there it was just the physical and medical. I was told I would be starting at the end of April if I get in so fingers crossed. I reckon anyone with even the slightest upset won't get in because 40 out of 100, they are going to be extremely picky!

Yea true.. Hopefully we find out one way or another soon enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LMG

hey lads I have my fitness exam on thursday but I pulled my back on saturday,and it's fairly bad. Do ye think I should ring to arrange a different date. I would but I already have changed my date cos the original one was a non-runner and I don't want to look like i'm messing them about as I really want this. it's so typical as I can't remember the last time I got any type of injury and I don't want to ring them up either and them to be thinking that I am a crock or anything.
    What would ye do? Do ye think I should just grin and bare it??just worried bout the sit ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LMG

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    No, I have to all in one day tomorro!.. I'm actually down in the B&B now, betcha I'll be the only one without a suit tomorro, although I did the army interview without a suit before and passed that, just tripped on fitness after it tho!

best of luck tomorrow,interview is fine.

• Advertisement

LMG wrote: »
    hey lads I have my fitness exam on thursday but I pulled my back on saturday,and it's fairly bad. Do ye think I should ring to arrange a different date. I would but I already have changed my date cos the original one was a non-runner and I don't want to look like i'm messing them about as I really want this. it's so typical as I can't remember the last time I got any type of injury and I don't want to ring them up either and them to be thinking that I am a crock or anything.
    What would ye do? Do ye think I should just grin and bare it??just worried bout the sit ups.

It might be a bit late to change it? Have you tried to do any press ups or sit ups since? If it's not too bad then i'd say go for it but they might not let you if it's a clear injury in case you damage yourself more..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bred

Hey lads I was chatting to someone In the manpower office a few weeks ago and they said they're hoping to take on two classes this year. One In April and one at the end of the year. That could change with the new government I suppose but fingers crossed. The lads that have been down already, what was the day like, was.it quick enough.

bred wrote: »
    Hey lads I was chatting to someone In the manpower office a few weeks ago and they said they're hoping to take on two classes this year. One In April and one at the end of the year. That could change with the new government I suppose but fingers crossed. The lads that have been down already, what was the day like, was.it quick enough.

The day was grand, a little bit of waiting around at the medicals but even then there was a laugh in the waiting room with the navy lads. Are you down yourself or are you waiting to hear something on the next class?

The day was grand, a little bit of waiting around at the medicals but even then there was a laugh in the waiting room with the navy lads. Are you down yourself or are you waiting to hear something on the next class?

I'm down next Tuesday. Dying for it. Just back from a run. Anyone fail the fitness when you were down. What's the interview like.

We didn't have to do the interviews as we'd already passed them last august/september but my one then was ok, pretty laid back! All 6 of us passed the fitness the day I was down. Best of luck in yours mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Panda General

Just wondering to the guys that already did the interview, Did you shake hands with the interview board when you walked in the room??

Also good luck to everyone who are trying to get in.

We didn't have to do the interviews as we'd already passed them last august/september but my one then was ok, pretty laid back! All 6 of us passed the fitness the day I was down. Best of luck in yours mate!

cheers man.

Well folks, back from Cork... The Doctor is extremely strict, my blood pressure is high so I have to wear a 24 hour monitor and go back down next week. Its only stress related though so hopefully I'll be fine when I go back down and finish off the fitness and interview.

When I was down there they were taking another 35 people off the waiting list to go for medicals, etc. If you do get it, you'd be starting a week after easter and there might be another class later in the year. They'll be interviewing people right up till the end of the month as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

I was down the other day past everything. I think I did alright on the interview. So just playing the waiting game now. Hopefully I hear some good news by the end of the month.

For the lads who have to still go down. Its along enough day. Medical is the worst, waiting around and stuff. But rest of day is not to bad. Fitness is tough enough but just give it your all and you be fine. The interview is pretty laid back so dont worry. Best of luck all. Hopefully we be all lucky enough to hear good news.

Let us know if anyone hears anything back.

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Well folks, back from Cork... The Doctor is extremely strict, my blood pressure is high so I have to wear a 24 hour monitor and go back down next week. Its only stress related though so hopefully I'll be fine when I go back down and finish off the fitness and interview.

When I was down there they were taking another 35 people off the waiting list to go for medicals, etc. If you do get it, you'd be starting a week after easter and there might be another class later in the year. They'll be interviewing people right up till the end of the month as well.

Ya I heard somthing about another 30 being called aswell because alot of people failing. Sorry to hear bout your medical, best of luck for next week.

• Advertisement

Some good info there lads, cheers! Did they give any idea of when they're letting us know?
    And Blaine, I almost had to do the same thing as you but they checked me a few more times and everything was fine as it should be with you too, best of luck man!

I heard the start of next month. But saying that all the navy lads were saying diferent things when I asked them question, like I asked a few of them do they know how many they have called back, and I got alot of different answers, like I cant say, 100, 120, 200, 60? so its hard to tell whats going on.

I was told that last week they done 36 people and only 13 people past medical, fitness etc and a good few people not turning up.

The day I was there only 6 turn up out of ten. So thats why there calling 30 back Id say. I reckon if you pass everything and do well in the interview you have a hell of a good chance

Its going o be a very long wait.

MRLAZY wrote: »
    I heard the start of next month. But saying that all the navy lads were saying diferent things when I asked them question, like I asked a few of them do they know how many they have called back, and I got alot of different answers, like I cant say, 100, 120, 200, 60? so its hard to tell whats going on.

I was told that last week they done 36 people and only 13 people past medical, fitness etc and a good few people not turning up.

The day I was there only 6 turn up out of ten. So thats why there calling 30 back Id say. I reckon if you pass everything and do well in the interview you have a hell of a good chance

Its going o be a very long wait.

A very long wait alright! Yea a few never showed on my date either.. Best thing for us to do is just keep the fitness up and hope to hear some good news over the next few weeks!

Yup Thats all we can do. Think they give us about a months notice aswell. So we can hand in our notice at work and stuff.

Lads that have been down already just got a couple of questions for yez. FOr the interview what were people wearing? Suits? Or just shirt tie and slacks? or tracksuits bottoms,ha. Did yous bring a lunch or is there a shop on the base?

Cheers.

I didn't have to do an interview but I reckon if you have a suit you may aswell wear it. For lunch they take you to the canteen and it costs 4 euro, we missed lunch as the medicals went on so long but you should bring some snacks with you for the day, like fruit and cereal bars to keep you going!

I didn't have to do an interview but I reckon if you have a suit you may aswell wear it. For lunch they take you to the canteen and it costs 4 euro, we missed lunch as the medicals went on so long but you should bring some snacks with you for the day, like fruit and cereal bars to keep you going!

Cheers lad. Dying for it now.

does anyone know if next week is the last week for the medicals, fitness and interviews?? All this waiting around is torture.

MRLAZY wrote: »
    does anyone know if next week is the last week for the medicals, fitness and interviews?? All this waiting around is torture.

Tell me about it.. Hopefully it's the last week but ya wouldn't know with the extra 30 being called up. Should be no later than 2 weeks till we find out I reckon!

• Advertisement

I'm down on Tuesday lads so I'll find out what I can and get back to yez. They're ****ers for giving vague answers though. I'll let yez know.

Advertisement