Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian/Vegan Milkshakes in Dublin

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Finally tried the soya shake with bourbon creams yesterday :) Much more like an ice-cream drink then a milk shake in my opinion! But fun nonetheless :D

Nice and subtle thread name change... I see! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭vaalea

yeah, thats cheating.

So I went in and they gave me a vegan dark chocolate option (almost all are dairy chocolate)... however it was very runny, and costing more than the dairy--same size I'm not sure I'll be running back there anytime soon. It is really nice to see them cater to the non-dairy crowd though.

The most amazing vegan milkshake I have had was at this awesome 100% vegan cafe. I went with plain chocolate... wished I wasn't just passing through and had a chance to go back and try more! http://www.strongheartscafe.com/menu/ 34 flavours.. I think that is decent!

I think the price difference is acceptable enough because they use sweedish glace ice-cream which would probably cost four times as much at the plain ice-cream.

Any idea what the dark chocolate they used was vaalea? I just went with bourban creams cause they tend to be vegan. I actually thought mine was quite thick...

I think the price difference is acceptable enough because they use sweedish glace ice-cream which would probably cost four times as much at the plain ice-cream.

Any idea what the dark chocolate they used was vaalea? I just went with bourban creams cause they tend to be vegan. I actually thought mine was quite thick...

Oh, I understand why. it's a general pet peeve of mine and I can't as easily justify going there like a dairy-consumer may.
    Cadbury bournville dark.
    so does starbucks here have vegan frapps?- or is that just North America?

But bournville has butterfat :( not good for vegans.

I'm not sure about Starbucks as I've only been in once or twice. I don't even know what a frapp is ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm not sure about Starbucks as I've only been in once or twice. I don't even know what a frapp is ;)
    Think it's just their chilled coffee drinks. Kinda like coffee milkshakes.

Why am I not surprised... ignorant staff. :mad:

Humph.. this says vegan in Canada and US with no mention of elsewhere. The vanilla bean and the mocha were delicious. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frappuccino

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Finally tried the soya shake with bourbon creams yesterday :) Much more like an ice-cream drink then a milk shake in my opinion! But fun nonetheless :D

Nice and subtle thread name change... I see! ;)

I've gotten 3 soya shakes there now; malteasers, dime, double decker. I thought the first one was really nice but then when I had the others I realised they all tasted the exact same :( Anyone else notice this with the soya shakes? I think the icecream is just too strong tasting to even taste the difference between the bars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well I wouldn't say the exact same, but the difference in them was really minimal. See is terrys chocolate orange different, if that isn't, nothing will be!

ok not the exact same, doesn't matter anyway coz the soya tastes lovely in them and not sickening like the dairy ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dairy ones are so sickening the queue is always out the door :p

Look what info I found out:

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Customers have told us that they increasingly want Frappuccino(r) to be made from fresh simple, high-quality ingredients including Starbucks coffee and fresh milk, which would allow them to be fully customisable. Accordingly, in selected stores in London and Leeds we are currently trialling a new, customisable Frappuccino(r) which allows customers to make their favourite blended beverage unique with a variety of choices of milk, syrups, and intensities. This includes the option of vegan Frappuccinos(r).

We are currently gathering customer feedback to ensure that we are continuing to offer the highest quality products with this new recipe. We are hoping to launch the customisable Frappuccino(r) across the UK and Ireland next year.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Starbucks soon.

Good to hear! It is well worth contacting companies, easpecially when you hear positive results back :)

Anyone else who gets the soya shakes...how much are you being charged? It says on the menu to get soya icecream and milk in place of dairy it's €0.99 for regular and €1.99 for large. Last day I was in there the guy charged me €0.99 extra for the soya milk and for the soya icecream separately :confused: Another €2 on top of the price for a regular which made it about €5 :eek:
    To me that's madness and really puts me off getting it again!
    Got Bournville soya, still tasting the same as the other soya flavours to me :/

I sent them a message regarding this and am awaiting reply for clarification. 5e for regular and 7.50 for large is a joke

Thanks!
    I hope you marked it urgent :mad:

No, I didn't tell them I was Tar.Aldarion.

I thought you wrote to them before about this Tar, on their Facebook and they were in the wrong? Presumably one of their members of staff is getting confused.

Yes I noted that in the message too, the guy that was serving us this time looked like he was the owner.

Being a man makes him look that way :pac:

I did hesitate when he said the price to make sure he had put down regular not large but he just said he was accounting for the milk and the icecream, didn't question the man no more.

• Advertisement

Sure can't be questioning men, leave that to other men.

'What would you guys like to drink?' /aimed just at me

Hi Paul. I am not to sure what the mix up is. For a regular it is 99c extra for soya ice cream and soya milk. For the Large it is 1.99 for having your milkshake with soya milk and soya ice cream. We do not charge 1.99 for soya ice cream and 1.99 for soya milk, it doesnt work like that. We have 2 buttons on the til for soya, 1 is soya regular and 1 is soya large. when somebody wants a large one it is pressed once and when somebody wants a regular it is pressed once. If you feel you were over charged when paying 7.50 for one milkshake why didnt you ask the staff member on the til. We sell hundreds of soya milkshakes a week and never get one complaint about the price. I am not to sure what the mix up is, but next time ask for one of the managers and they will make sure that there is no problem. Sorry for any mix up, and thank you for supporting Shakes!

Shakes Team

In case anybody has this problem again!

and my free shake ???

They are having a word with the manager that served us for me, I'm keeping the spoils.

End of September this place (ShakeAway) opened?? http://www.shakeaway.com/england/index.php?page=shops

and Happy Cow http://www.happycow.net/europe/ireland/dublin/ says it offers vegan options.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Had my first shakeaway milkshake on Friday. A large soya, pineapple and cherry bucket of ohmygawdIwantMOAR :P Still recovering from it's yummy-ness.

I was gonna get one with a Fry's Choc cream or something but I haven't got much of a sweet tooth usually, so I thought it'd make me a bit sick.

Anyway, delish. The price, however, was not. But decent as a nice treat :)

that one isnt too nice, just tastes of sweetness and nothing else.

Advertisement