Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian/Vegan Milkshakes in Dublin

Options
  • 14-05-2010 2:03am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If any vegans want an aul milkshake in town now and again.

New place on College Green/Dame street. Not too far from trinity. It's called Shakes. http://www.facebook.com/shakes.milkshakebar here is their facebook page, doesn't really say much.

It is an awesome place. They let you pick anything, from say Maltesers to Jelly Tots to Ferrero Rocher to fruit to Weetabix and they make you a milkshake out of it. They taste fantastic.

They have both soya milk and soya ice cream. No thtat many vegan ones but you can get fruit, cereal, jelly tots, Bourbon biscuits, fruit etc if you are.

10% student discount.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Looks interesting :)
    Dublin`s 1st Milkshake Bar!!!

--15 College Green, Dublin 2--

Over 150 different flavoured milkshakes containing your favorite brands of Chocolate Bars, Sweets, Biscuits, Cereals and many more!!!!
    We are opened til 11pm tonight aswell!!! Don't forget guys thurs,fri and sat we stay open til 11pm!! So why not have a fresh milkshake before heading out :). See you guys there!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Ooooh nice! Will have to let a friend know about this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I can feel my teeth rotting already.

bahhhhhh who needs 'em anyway :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They are soooo good I wish I never was told about the place. My first was a double decker milk shake drool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

drooling_homer.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

Thanks Tar, I'm not really one for milkshakes, but now you've mentioned this I'm going to have to go along and try a vegan one aren't I. I also now can't stop thinking about it. I might have to go experiment with some soya milk, moser roth bars and my tub of Swedish Glacé in the freezer now. This is all your fault!!!

Weetabix. In a milkshake. Perverts!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks Tar, I'm not really one for milkshakes, but now you've mentioned this I'm going to have to go along and try a vegan one aren't I. I also now can't stop thinking about it. I might have to go experiment with some soya milk, moser roth bars and my tub of Swedish Glacé in the freezer now. This is all your fault!!!
    My brother and his gf did this to me...they were like...so Jelly tot kinder bueno milkshake eh and I was all jaw dropping and things and we had to go. Now I must spread the weight to you. :D I also found it right as I decided to give up buying such things and get all fit and jazz, now there is a constant lure right beside college!
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Weetabix. In a milkshake. Perverts!

:D

My brother and his gf did this to me...they were like...so Jelly tot kinder bueno milkshake eh and I was all jaw dropping and things and we had to go. Now I must spread the weight to you. :D I also found it right as I decided to give up buying such things and get all fit and jazz, now there is a constant lure right beside college!

I went there today and tried to get a peanut butter soya milkshake... but no, they'd ran out of soya milk. I know other people who've been and asked for them on other days and they've ran out too... it's really not good enough, it's a MILK SHAKE BAR, how can they RUN OUT OF MILK?! lol. They must be a bit stupid... Milk is their business!

So seeing as I went into town especially to try it (and pop to the African Day thing in the Iveagh Gardens) I was a bit miffed, as was my mate who also got turned away - we queued for about 10 mins as well, to add insult to injury! So I don't think I'm gonna be heading back any time soon to try it out. Just gonna make my own. Tucked into a nice pot of rich, creamy Swedish Glacé when I got back home :D

• Advertisement

Oh I'm sorry! I wonder are they always 'out of soya milk'...did they say if they had the soya icecream? Was a queue out the door when I was there too. Still ahven't made it to the Iveagh gardens, sad times. At least you had a happy ending! You've had HB soya icecream? That stuff is unreal. nomnom

No I haven't, I didn't know they did any? I've never seen it anywhere here. Where can you get it and what flavours does it come in?

I love Booja Booja Maple and Pecan ice cream but it's well expensive. I also try not to buy ice cream too often, as I'd just end up eating it all the time :rolleyes: I tend to go for superquinn's own sorbet, it's delicious and a bit friendlier on the wallet and the waistline :D

Oh they do, it is a million times better than any other soya icecream I have eaten, so eh, i like it. No idea where you pick it up in Dublin, always say it in tesco and such. It comes in Strawberry and Chocolate. Never had that booja stuff, have seen it but it's a rip.

They seemed to have stopped making the HB ice-cream. I haven't seen it in about two years. Tesco used to sell it.

Sorry to hear about your trip to town Getwellsoon. I hate it when you are built up for something delicious like that and it all falls through. :( Glad to be warned of this Soya milk absence so I don't bother getting my hopes up in a similar event :(

Happy times from here on! Mmmm Booja Booja maple and pecan... MMMmmmmMMmmm

Yeah I really wanted to get a shake so I could review it on my blog! I think I'll only bother going again if I'm passing and there's no queue.

Booja Booja is so lovely and definitely a rip off, but I only eat it when I visit my dad - he gets it in for me as a treat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

They seemed to have stopped making the HB ice-cream. I haven't seen it in about two years. Tesco used to sell it.

I haven't seen it for over a year too, I assumed they stopped making it too. I emailed them but never got a reply. It was yum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

There's one in Cork on french church street, can't remember the name of it (maybe its the same as in Dublin) and there is the option of using soy milk, although I think it costs extra. Ah well sure, tis yummy!

Yeah it costs extra here too i think...like a euro for regular and 2 for large I think, not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Steffi

I went today hoping for my first milkshake in years and they were out of soya milk :(
    Here's hoping its not a regular occurance!

If they were always out of it before they will prob get some in now with the people asking.

• Advertisement

Tar, I have given up hope if this is the case. Yesterday when I went with a friend we were told "definitely tomorrow", and so was someone else I know of who went yesterday. So that was obviously a complete lie, seeing as we now know someone went in today and was also turned away!

I really can't be assed with them. I was thinking about it, and even though they do do a couple of shakes that vegans could have, do I REALLY want to support a milk bar? Probably not. My conscience is now telling me otherwise! I've never really had a problem buying a vegan product from a place that sells meat and dairy stuffs, so I have no idea why this time it's different - probably because the shop mainly sells/thrives off dairy products. Does anyone else feel this way?

I understand where you are coming from Getwellsoon. However, it has been recently pointed out to me that if we do not appreciate the vegan options that exist in these establishments, or products within ranges, they will simply remove them from choice rather than adopt a completely vegan menu/product range.

It's just a kick in the teeth that they can't be bothered to buy soya milk. Anyone prepared to brave this next, and should they get the same excuse, they should ask for the manager and explain that this excuse has been used repeatidly and you and your friends are disappointed by it, and that we would all appreciate it if they could ensure they have sufficient soya milk in future. It could easily be a case of each individual worker saying sorry and getting on with their day without doing anything about it. Happens all the time in different shops about different products (which is only a plus in Tesco cause if they over price you get the full amount back and your product for free ;)).

Right! Rant over!! I do hope things improve with Shakes in Dublin :)

Tar, I have given up hope if this is the case. Yesterday when I went with a friend we were told "definitely tomorrow", and so was someone else I know of who went yesterday. So that was obviously a complete lie, seeing as we now know someone went in today and was also turned away!

I really can't be assed with them. I was thinking about it, and even though they do do a couple of shakes that vegans could have, do I REALLY want to support a milk bar? Probably not. My conscience is now telling me otherwise! I've never really had a problem buying a vegan product from a place that sells meat and dairy stuffs, so I have no idea why this time it's different - probably because the shop mainly sells/thrives off dairy products. Does anyone else feel this way?
    Sorry to up the hopes, Ill try and bring in soya drinkers with me whenever I go, to check for you!

I guess at least they know there are a lot of people going in asking for soya shakes, and they know they are having to turn business away because of their inability to have the product in stock. I'd say because they are new they probably weren't expecting them to be so popular.

I guess I was wrong to be so unappreciative. It's great that ANYWHERE does a vegan option. But then most places do have one or two things we can eat. Even if it's just a salad with the cheese or meat removed, or a plate of beans, tomatoes, hash browns and mushrooms at a café... just because there are one or two things on the menu that we CAN eat doesn't mean we have to feel like we SHOULD support these places. I'd personally prefer to go to Blazing Salads, Cornucopia, Govindas or Juice any day - somewhere where I feel I am not limited to one or two things. Just like I would not go to a steakhouse and ask for a vegan option!

That said, it's good we can get a soya milkshake if we want one. It's better than not being able to get one.......... oh, hang on, seems like we still can't get one haha. ;)

Sorry to up the hopes, Ill try and bring in soya drinkers with me whenever I go, to check for you!

hah! yes I demand you keep at least one soya drinker in your pocket, please! :p

Ok, I'll just try and catch one now. :D

Ok, I'll just try and catch one now. :D

Maybe you should just try catch me, I'm really small and can fit into pockets easily. And I drink soya, and it would solve the problem really wouldn't it, seeing as if they DO have it in stock, then I'll be right there to order one!

(Gosh I'm so clever!!)

Bah fine, if you'll fit in my pocket sure. /pokeball
    So when are we going? i'll have to get you to text you to come in, it'll be very confusing.

You can't put me in a pokeball, that is so not ethical :D

I think we should ALL go in at once, the place just might explode from so many soya-shake requests all at the same time! Dublin will be covered in one huge, sticky ice cream mess!

• Advertisement

ahahaha, I can imagine the vegan movement in the pokeworld!

Wouldn't mind us all going looking for the soya stuff, tehn we could all get turned away and you wouldn't feel left out :P

I wouldn't sneak back for one at all, never

Advertisement