Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian/Vegan Milkshakes in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I really want to try that one...hidden away in the VIP shake section. They charge like a euro more for those btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I was disappointed with the soya I have to say, it just wasn't as thick or creamy as the whipped ice cream shakes. It's a shame because I get stomach pains from milk... Maybe if they put more ice cream in it'd be nicer - wasn't even cold :(

The Ferrero Rocher Chocoholic one is amazing but I havent had the soya version...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

I was disappointed with the soya I have to say, it just wasn't as thick or creamy as the whipped ice cream shakes. It's a shame because I get stomach pains from milk... Maybe if they put more ice cream in it'd be nicer - wasn't even cold :(

The Ferrero Rocher Chocoholic one is amazing but I havent had the soya version...

What was in your soya one exactly Cherub? Will be interesting to know. I would like one with peanut butter and bourbon biscuits! It's more expensive for soya too, which is a bit crappy.

What was in your soya one exactly Cherub? Will be interesting to know. I would like one with peanut butter and bourbon biscuits! It's more expensive for soya too, which is a bit crappy.

I got Maltesers. :D I thought it'd be like a chocolate malt. It wasn't.

It's expensive because they can only get these little tubs of soya ice cream that cost a fortune. They're hexagonal black tubs.

It's expensive because they can only get these little tubs of soya ice cream that cost a fortune. They're hexagonal black tubs.

That would be Swedish Glacé :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Was maltesers amazing..I wanted to try maltesers and my brother said don't be so boring..so I beat him and ordered something else :mad:

Was maltesers amazing..I wanted to try maltesers and my brother said don't be so boring..so I beat him and ordered something else :mad:

It wasn't as good as a chocolate malt but was still pretty good in it's own right, kinda boring though :p. My boyf got a dairy Maltesers one so I tasted his too. Nice.

Can you eat Oreos? Oreo shake is amazing!

That would be Swedish Glacé :D

Haha Get, you sure know your vegan foods! I googled images. Maybe you could suggest different soya ice cream (or other alternatives) to them? Is it possible to get whipped 99 style soya ice cream?

Haha Get, you sure know your vegan foods! I googled images. Maybe you could suggest different soya ice cream (or other alternatives) to them? Is it possible to get whipped 99 style soya ice cream?

I've no idea! I've never seen it anyway...

Hey I went there with my dad on Saturday and I FINALLY HAD A MILKSHAKE!! :eek::eek::eek:

IT WAS AMAZING! I had it with peanut butter and blended bourbon biscuits. To. Die. For. I'm gonna make my own though in future, at €4.50 it was pretty expensive. I think that's what it cost anyway. My dad had the Fererro Rocher one and really liked it too. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Damn you and bringing it back up, I have to go near there every single day hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I usually avoid milkshakes cause they made me feel sick, but I'll try the vegan ones. Sounds like an interesting place o_O

It'l like willy wonkas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

you have to try terry's chocolate orange shake with mini Oreo's on top. It's so good it can cure cancer!!*

*May not cure cancer

Had bourneville dark yesterday, mmmmmmm. They rip you for soya there, do they charge you extra for both the milk ad icecream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭vaalea

oh wow... as a vegan new to Dublin, this is exactly the kind of information I need. I'm still feeling lost as to where the vegan products are and what omni restaurants have the best vegan-friendly food... like where can I get a vegan burger in this city that tastes like meat?? So far I've only found vegetable and bean patties. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

A vegan burger... Well, the only place that I know would do them is Juice :) Any other veggie restaurant it would depend if the chef feels like putting it on the menu or not.

The Juice burger doesn't look like it tastes like meat? Beans, oats, herbs and vegetables.

I've been eating BK veggie... which says no egg or dairy http://www.burgerking.co.uk/nutrition?producttypeid=18&productid=222&tab=allergens

Oh, meat imitation? Anytime I've seen a vegan burger in a restauranut it has always been vegetable/ lentil style. Restaurants generally avoid imitation meat. Can you get access to a kitchen to buy some Fry's or Redwood burgers?

You won't get good ones here, although do Eddie Rockets have Dee's vegan burger?

Best off just buying some and cooking them at home I'm afraid.

Dee's burgers are wholesome... Eddie Rockets use her spicey bean burger.

• Advertisement

I'll have a kitchen in about a week. :) I can't wait..

But really... what is the deal with that? Do people here just not like faux meat burgers or why wouldn't SOME restaurant want a monopoly on that? Back in Ottawa not only can I get a meaty vegan-friendly burger from Harvey's or Burger King or KFC (which is handy when travelling out of town) but countless omni establishments have veggie burgers and more often than not they are vegan-friendly and taste like meat.
    I don't think my "but it's sooo easy to be vegan!" argument is going to work so well here. :(

Probably not as big an incentive due to the amount of vegetarians, even supermarkets withdraw their range for not selling well, then restaurants won't be doing too well on it. I'd say one in Dublin might do well though, just nobody has started it. Even B&Bs and pubs in other countries are better than restaurants here.

Probably not as big an incentive due to the amount of vegetarians, even supermarkets withdraw their range for not selling well, then restaurants won't be doing too well on it. I'd say one in Dublin might do well though, just nobody has started it. Even B&Bs and pubs in other countries are better than restaurants here.

Well, I have seen a good number of veggie burgers available by various restaurants... but they are all bean-veg based.., I'm surprised that they should be considered a better seller than the meaty-soy burgers by all restaurants.

suppose cos all veggies would choose that and a lot wouldnt eat the meaty ones, dunno

suppose cos all veggies would choose that and a lot wouldnt eat the meaty ones, dunno

All veggies in Europe prefer bean-veg, while all veggies in North America prefer meaty-soy? I still don't get it. :) This is a great example: http://www.worksburger.com/pdf/menu.pdf choice of meaty-veggie burger or portabello mushroom... I wonder what their sales stats are.

For the record... I don't choose bean-veg patties EVEREVER. I want to have my burger taste like a burger and prefer my veggies in other forms of food. Only now because I don't have access to a kitchen and such limited choices have I been eating a bean based burger. :P

The Ferrero rocher one is sexual, mmmm. cream, flake, ferrero rochers, chocolate sauce, milk, vanilla icecream and spinkles for 4.05e with the student discount, mmmm.

The Ferrero rocher one is sexual, mmmm. cream, flake, ferrero rochers, chocolate sauce, milk, vanilla icecream and spinkles for 4.05e with the student discount, mmmm.

umm.. this is the VEGAN milkshakes thread?? I don't want to hear about it. :p

• Advertisement

Oh is it.

/looks at thread title

/muahahah

:p

Advertisement