Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Smart lite plan offering free meteor calls & texts

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

elli0t wrote: »
    am i talking crazy here??

Yes!!

I'm starting to think your going crazy seems like a lot of trouble for something that's not even a bargin.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 elli0t

Yes!!

I'm starting to think your going crazy seems like a lot of trouble for something that's not even a bargin.

ha

its mostly the internet i want, and i get more minutes and texts.

id spend €20 a month on credit and even though i would have to pay more for the bill i get more. i worked it out and i get like 70 mins OR 160 texts out of that €20 plus my free calls and texts, and sometimes im without credit for a week or so and cant call anybody on non meteor.

im making things more complicated than they are, its just i want to make sure i have all the right info so that i dont mess it up

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

and ill go to the **** and sort out the direct debit, or can you do that online does anybody know?? i have a student plus account in AIB.

then ill order the vodafone sim card tomorrow aswell so that i wont be too long without a phone, it says on the meteor website it will be sent out on tuesday if you order at the weekend. how long does it actually take?? (im not gonna trust meteor saying that its only gonna take a day and it ends up taking a week)

and sharp when you got your number switched over from tesco what exactly did you say to meteor customer services??

Its not all panic had another chat with them a few mins ago and was told by another care assistant you are allocated a portion of your bill calls/texts.
    In my case 30 call mins untill 5th. But as stated these were used up on meteor calls as the free calls had not kicked in. Told to ring them when I get the bill and they will make a decision then and have to say they have always been fair in the past.

Regarding Direct debit this can be set up online they will require scans of certain documents and bank details.

Then they will email the contract which you email back a signed scan.

You don't have to delete your pay as you go account it morphs into your Bill pay account when they switch numbers.

Hope that helps.

Sharp wrote: »

Hope that helps.

thanks man, ill get started on all this now then

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

thanks man, ill get started on all this now then

Hi elli0t

One last thing if your getting a HTC/Android phone download 3 free apps from market place on the menu.

3G Watch dog Monitors your internet allowance.

Mobile account checker Displays your allowance minutes and texts and remaining.

Cabbage lite Which by using doubles your text allowance (+300) using your web texts

• Advertisement

Sharp wrote: »
    Hi elli0t

One last thing if your getting a HTC/Android phone download 3 free apps from market place on the menu.

3G Watch dog Monitors your internet allowance.

Mobile account checker Displays your allowance minutes and texts and remaining.

Cabbage lite Which by using doubles your text allowance (+300) using your web texts

i have an app called netcounter which is the samae as the 3G watch dog, it keeps track of both network data and wifi.

that mobile account checker will come in handy i never thought of it thanks.

ha im already using the cabbage app, i would definitely be lost without it.

thanks for all the info, i just put in the order there, it said within 2 days ill recieve the contract then i have to send it back to them. do i post it back to them or go into a meteor store?? and if i need to post it to them what address do i put?? or will they tell me that in the email??

Just go into anywhere you can get meteor bill pay. Take in your id and proof of address and you should be up and running within 20 minutes or so.

Just go into anywhere you can get meteor bill pay. Take in your id and proof of address and you should be up and running within 20 minutes or so.

rite ill go into the meteor store up in the centre when i get the contract,

thanks for all the help lads

rite ill go into the meteor store up in the centre when i get the contract,

thanks for all the help lads

Don't forget your proof of address has to be in the last 3mts and needs to be something official like a bank statement. You'll also need your bank account a/c number and sort code.
    If your going to need to go roaming get them to set that up for your also. Make sure you know all about the t's & c's like when the promotional offers start and finishes in relation to your plan. Also get them to explain when your monthly allowance starts. You will not have a full allocation of txts, minutes or data when you leave the store so make sure they abc it for you so no nasty surprises.

Be a good consumer though and seen as you have all your information with you check out what all the other network stores will give you for 25pm or less while on your way to the meteor store. As I said before I question if this is a bargain alert. It's not bad but it there better sim only plans for someone getting their first bill pay plan.

Don't forget your proof of address has to be in the last 3mts and needs to be something official like a bank statement. You'll also need your bank account a/c number and sort code.
    If your going to need to go roaming get them to set that up for your also. Make sure you know all about the t's & c's like when the promotional offers start and finishes in relation to your plan. Also get them to explain when your monthly allowance starts. You will not have a full allocation of txts, minutes or data when you leave the store so make sure they abc it for you so no nasty surprises.

Be a good consumer though and seen as you have all your information with you check out what all the other network stores will give you for 25pm or less while on your way to the meteor store. As I said before I question if this is a bargain alert. It's not bad but it there better sim only plans for someone getting their first bill pay plan.

i didnt know the statement had to be in the past 3 months, i have a statement dated 3-11-2010 so i can use that right.

the roaming doesnt matter, i dont think im going to be leaving the country anytime soon (unfortunately)

i will definitely be going over all the details in the contract, i dont want to get screwed over, especially since it is my first contract and as you can probably notice i have basically no idea how it works haha.

i did kind of shop around, i think the other networks were for 25/month you'd get 100 minutes and 100 texts or 150 can't remember, but i got no data so i had to pay extra for that, on vodafone it was 4.50 extra for 250mb/month.

but your right it may not be a huge bargain but at least ill still be on meteor and i get my free calls and texts and 1gb data, thats the main reason i wanted this plan.

• Advertisement

i didnt know the statement had to be in the past 3 months, i have a statement dated 3-11-2010 so i can use that right.

I have basically no idea how it works haha.

i did kind of shop around, i think the other networks were for 25/month you'd get 100 minutes and 100 texts or 150 can't remember, but i got no data so i had to pay extra for that, on vodafone it was 4.50 extra for 250mb/month.

Yea that's perfect you don't need the whole statement just the first page with the name address, a/c number etc on it. Your id also needs to be a driving licence or passport.

Your first bill pay contract is always a learning experience, just keep within your allowance and you'll be fine (i hope). :)

Kind of shopping around is not shopping around;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 what!!!

hey all

i was thinking of switching over aswell, but i am pay as i go and my questions are, that if you run out of your minutes and text do you then use up your 25 or 30 euro?or how does it work?

and

do you top up or is it taken out of you bank?

and last question

if you cant change your plan can you not buy the sim card online and then port your number over?

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭King Cantona

rite so i better get this done soon. ill order the meteor sim tonight, and ill go to the **** and sort out the direct debit, or can you do that online does anybody know?? i have a student plus account in AIB.

then ill order the vodafone sim card tomorrow aswell so that i wont be too long without a phone, it says on the meteor website it will be sent out on tuesday if you order at the weekend. how long does it actually take?? (im not gonna trust meteor saying that its only gonna take a day and it ends up taking a week)

and sharp when you got your number switched over from tesco what exactly did you say to meteor customer services??

something on your mind? We all agree it's a good deal elli0t, but don't get too excited..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

what!!! wrote: »
    hey all

i was thinking of switching over aswell, but i am pay as i go and my questions are, that if you run out of your minutes and text do you then use up your 25 or 30 euro?or how does it work?
    lol no you dont have credit, once you use up your minutes you will be billed like a regular bill.
    do you top up or is it taken out of you bank?
    Taken out of your bank. This has nothing to do with "credit"
    if you cant change your plan can you not buy the sim card online and then port your number over?
    I dont get what your tring to say? If you cant avail of it just switch to vodafone for a day and then buy the sim. Meteor wont know how long you have been with vodafone

Advertisement