Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Smart lite plan offering free meteor calls & texts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

right! finally swapped over!! didnt know the swap was done because when i check phone details on my desire its still the bill phone number! weird!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

right! finally swapped over!! didnt know the swap was done because when i check phone details on my desire its still the bill phone number! weird!

dont mind that! the only way to check is to ring another mobile and see what number appears on the other phone or indeed call your old PAYG number froma nother phone and see if it connects.

glad its sorted though.

yeah. I totally relied on the phone info...*roll eyes
    just wondering I want to be able to see my account online. Do I just do what i have done before. put in phone number and pin and i can view stuff already?

Just tried it but couldnt log in. Put me through another page but could only type 3 digits in. Anybody having problems logging in?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I got my smart lite sim last thursday, requested my payg number to be ported onto the account on friday, have been waiting since and still no sign of it moving. I have been into the cpw twice, mailed meteor, and gotten replies:
    I have reviewed the details of your account and I am able to confirm that a request was sent to Meteor s Technical Department on the 16th of July 2010 to move 08xxxxxxxx onto your Meteor account. I would like to make you aware that this matter is currently under investigation[/U] and once we can resolve this, we will contact you to discuss it further.

Should i be worried?!

I got my smart lite sim last thursday, requested my payg number to be ported onto the account on friday, have been waiting since and still no sign of it moving. I have been into the cpw twice, mailed meteor, and gotten replies:

Should i be worried?!

not really. I requested mine to be done on a thursday. And i only got ported (from seeing the messages i sent to my bf) on late monday night. After 8 i think. You requested on a friday so maybe today or tomorrow. Have they kill your PAYG number yet?

I think alot of PAYG people are going through this route to get the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I dunno if I posted this before in my previous advice but DO NOT APPLY FOR A MISDN SWAP ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY!

Sorry for the shouting but people need to see this if they are thinking of doing this as a Meteor Rep advised doing it on Monday or Tuesday as if it takes longer than 24-36 hours, you'll be out for the weekend + the usual time as they don't swap over a weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I rang Meteor, told them I was leaving yadda yadda yadda. They said I could have the free calls and texts but would have to stay with them for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Hogzy wrote: »
    But are the free talk and text to meteor for life or only for the first month?

Just thought that I would point out that Meteor have changed T&C for 'free talk & text Meteor to Meteor' on the Bill Pay Smart Lite plans... on the website it now says that offer will only be addedd to account for 12months :(

PLUS

'free talk & text Meteor to Meteor' for the SMART LITE plans seems to be available in-store now... not just online.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 elli0t

Anybody know if you can still do this (order smart lite contract online, and put old number onto new sim card)?

Im a PAYG customer on meteor and got a new phone (HTC Desire) i wanted to get an 18 month contract but didnt want to get tied into a contract for 18 months.

I'd like to get the Smart lite 30 (€25/month) with free call and text to meteor and the 1gb data, thats the only reason i want it is for the data so i can get the most out of the phone.

so if i do do (ha do do) this what do i do?? swap old number over to vodafone or whoever, order smart lite plan online (selected new number), then when i get the sim just swap my old number over to the new sim??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

elli0t wrote: »
    Anybody know if you can still do this (order smart lite contract online, and put old number onto new sim card)?

Im a PAYG customer on meteor and got a new phone (HTC Desire) i wanted to get an 18 month contract but didnt want to get tied into a contract for 18 months.

I'd like to get the Smart lite 30 (€25/month) with free call and text to meteor and the 1gb data, thats the only reason i want it is for the data so i can get the most out of the phone.

so if i do do (ha do do) this what do i do?? swap old number over to vodafone or whoever, order smart lite plan online (selected new number), then when i get the sim just swap my old number over to the new sim??

Sign up online. You will be charged €1 admin fee on your credit card. Meteor than email you back your contract within a few days which you must send back to them signed, along with a copy of proof of address and id (passport and bank statement will do). They will then send you out the sim at which point you ring them up asking for your number to be ported over to meteor and they should sort it for you.

Edit: Wait? you say you're already on meteor payg? in this case you dont need to be ported over. I'm not sure where vodafone comes into this?

• Advertisement

so i wont need to swap the number over to another network?? just stay on meteor PAYG and when i get the new bill pay sim ill just ring them up and ask to get my PAYG number put onto the new sim card

i thought this offer was only for new meteor customers, or has that changed?

thats the reason i was saying swap my meteor PAYG number over to another network the swap it back onto the bill pay sim so it would seem like im a new customer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Jev/N wrote: »
    OK I'll clear a lot of questions up as I just signed up to this plan from Meteor PAYG and I kept my original number with no hassle....

Basically, you order a SIM card and select 'new number'.
    When it arrives you can ring customer care on 1890 80 85 85 and ask for a MSDIN swap, where they effectively swap your old number onto the new SIM.
    It generally takes 24+ hours and you can use the old SIM for the time being and run up your credit until the SIM dies, then the new SIM should carry your old number.

That's about it!

I got what to do from the above + one or two other posts from the above poster. Here's what I did.
    • Order sim by selecting new number
    • They send you out a contract to sign (The SIM took about 2-3 days from when I sent off the contract, passport copy, proof of address etc.)
    • I ported over to Vodafone (do it in the morning - quicker)
    • I rang meteor on the number above - The customer care on 1890 80 85 85 number
    • When I rang, I asked for a MSDIN (basically they swap the Vodafone number over to the meteor sim card. It took 24 hours for the Meteor sim to start working again).
    • That's it. Free calls + texts, 200 mins, 200 texts. 1 GB of data, all for €30

Hope the above helps.

when you say "port over to vodafone" does that just mean swap my PAYG meteor number over to a PAYG vodafone sim card??

and is it not €25 euro a month or have they changed it?

It was €30 when I got it about 6 months back.

Signed up for Vodafone on their website (keep own number:https://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/review.jsp?handsetselected=22228&offerSelected=prepayporting&sim=true&action=buy

did you do it over the internet or in store??

its just because it says on the site €25 online offer, but is that just another of meteors lies to get you to join?

It's definitely 25 a month online, and that discount along with free meteor to meteor calls and texts is valid for a year from sign up. As far as I can see there is nothing specifying you have to be a new customer, if u were already on bill pay it might be a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Guys, go on to www.roigroupscheme.com and print off the Discount Voucher from Meteor. It give a 25% discount off all 12 & 18 month tarriffs. Only drawback is you have to agree to stay a further 6 months.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    As far as I can see there is nothing specifying you have to be a new customer, if u were already on bill pay it might be a different story

I thought existing meteor customers cant get this? only new, thats what i gathered from reading all the other posts.

im on meteor PAYG, so does that mean i dont need to swap my number to a different network? just order the sim online and select 'get a new number' that call up customer services or whoever and get them to put my old PAYG number onto the bill pay sim??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I thought existing meteor customers cant get this? only new, thats what i gathered from reading all the other posts.

im on meteor PAYG, so does that mean i dont need to swap my number to a different network? just order the sim online and select 'get a new number' that call up customer services or whoever and get them to put my old PAYG number onto the bill pay sim??

Interested to know this also.

another question if anybody can help me with is how do you pay for the bill??

can i use my laser card?? or do you need a credit card??

• Advertisement

I had just assumed you didn't need to be a new customer as it doesn't mention anything on the site although I've noticed when you click buy now, it says "Meteor payg customer must go instore" indicating you can't get the online offer.

I reckon you should ring them and find out what the story is as changing to another network and back to meteor is pretty awkward
    another question if anybody can help me with is how do you pay for the bill??

can i use my laser card?? or do you need a credit card??

I've just after singing up (yet to recieve sim or even the email with a contract and I signed up on tuesday :mad:). You need a credit card for the €1 admin fee but thats it, so you could probably borrow one or if you have a new debit visa card that'll work too.
    After that, your monthly payments will be automatically taken from your bank account via direct debit.

i will give them a call tomorrow and see what the crack is, hopefully i can get it sorted.

thanks for the help grimm

looder wrote: »

how long would it take for the number to be switched over??

and when it does get switched over do i need to wait until i get the vodafone sim card to then switch the number back over to meteor or can i do it without the sim card??

how long would it take for the number to be switched over??

and when it does get switched over do i need to wait until i get the vodafone sim card to then switch the number back over to meteor or can i do it without the sim card??
    The sim arrived the next day by fast post.

I'm not 100% sure if I had to activate the Sim online or what I had to do. I can't remember, sorry.

It took over night to switch to Vodafone but you can call Meteor in the meantime who will put set the wheels in motion to get you to come back over to Meteor.

I was without my phone for about 24-36 hours. Unfortunately I missed an important phone call about a job interview but them's are the breaks :)

alri cool, so just to be clear on the things i need to do.

1) order bill pay smart lite sim from meteor (select 'get new number')
    2) order PAYG sim from vodafone (select 'prepay porting sim pack')

do you know does that cost anything at all?? like do i need to put a few bob onto the sim to activate it so that the meteor number is put onto it??

3) call _________ and ask them ________

thats where im a bit lost, so i call customer care on the 1890 number?? or do i have to go in store or what??

and what do i say 'id like to switch my PAYG vodafone number onto a meteor bill pay sim'. could they say no and tell me to bugger off because i just switched over to vodafone the day before?? will they know that??

alri cool, so just to be clear on the things i need to do.

1) order bill pay smart lite sim from meteor (select 'get new number')
    2) order PAYG sim from vodafone (select 'prepay porting sim pack')

do you know does that cost anything at all?? like do i need to put a few bob onto the sim to activate it so that the meteor number is put onto it??

3) call _________ and ask them ________

thats where im a bit lost, so i call customer care on the 1890 number?? or do i have to go in store or what??

and what do i say 'id like to switch my PAYG vodafone number onto a meteor bill pay sim'. could they say no and tell me to bugger off because i just switched over to vodafone the day before?? will they know that??
    It doesn't cost a cent to change provider.

They'll know you changed alright but they couldn't give a ****e really. They'll be delighted that you're coming back to Meteor.

Call the 1890 number. The offer isn't available in store. As far as I remember I just asked for an MSDIN swap from the Vodafone number (your original mobile number) and the new Meteor sim that comes out in the post.

looder wrote: »
    I just asked for an MSDIN swap from the Vodafone number (your original mobile number) and the new Meteor sim that comes out in the post.

so thats all i ask for, just call them up and say 'can i get an MSDIN swap from vodafone and put it onto a bill pay sim?'

and when i swap the number over to vodafone it will stay 085 bla bla bla, and then when i swap it back it will still be 085 bla bla bla,, its not gonna change to 087 when i swap to vodafone??

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

[QUOTE=;im on meteor PAYG, so does that mean i dont need to swap my number to a different network? just order the sim online and select 'get a new number' that call up customer services or whoever and get them to put my old PAYG number onto the bill pay sim??[/QUOTE]

Re: Current Meteor Pay As You Go customer.

I switched over 2 weeks ago. I was given a free tesco sim in my local tesco.

Signed up as new customer using Tesco number as the port number online.

All went fine, when I received my phone requested to have my old METEOR number ported over to replace number on received sim from Meteor.

At first they put it in as a normal port (i.e from another network) which didn't work had to ring them again worked the second time.

Took about an hour to switch over, during which time old meteor sim was dead, before the new sim became active as my old number.

Be aware one thing I was not informed of and I had stressed with Meteor on the phone. You bill pay allowance does NOT apply until your first bill (5th of Every Month).

I rang them today and was informed any calls or texts I have made (to landlines/other Networks) will be billed at out of allowance charges until the 5th of January when my first bill is Issued????

Informed i have run up a bill for €34 euro in a week and a half and a deposit of €35 euro will be on the bill also????

When I stressed I was not informed of this, told its in the small print??

Also it can take up to 5 days for your Meteor FREE texts and Calls to be assigned to your account. If they have not been allocated any calls or texts to Meteor numbers will be out of your plans allocation of minutes.

Be aware.
    and when i swap the number over to vodafone it will stay 085 bla bla bla, and then when i swap it back it will still be 085 bla bla bla,, its not gonna change to 087 when i swap to vodafone??

Your number will remain the same your PIN code will not.

Sharp wrote: »

Be aware one thing I was not informed of and I had stressed with Meteor on the phone. You bill pay allowance does NOT apply until your first bill (5th of Every Month).

I rang them today and was informed any calls or texts I have made (to landlines/other Networks) will be billed at out of allowance charges until the 5th of January when my first bill is Issued????

Informed i have run up a bill for €34 euro in a week and a half and a deposit of €35 euro will be on the bill also????

When I stressed I was not informed of this, told its in the small print??

Also it can take up to 5 days for your Meteor FREE texts and Calls to be assigned to your account. If they have not been allocated any calls or texts to Meteor will be out of your plans allocation of minutes.

Be aware.

rite so i better get this done soon. ill order the meteor sim tonight, and ill go to the **** and sort out the direct debit, or can you do that online does anybody know?? i have a student plus account in AIB.

then ill order the vodafone sim card tomorrow aswell so that i wont be too long without a phone, it says on the meteor website it will be sent out on tuesday if you order at the weekend. how long does it actually take?? (im not gonna trust meteor saying that its only gonna take a day and it ends up taking a week)

and sharp when you got your number switched over from tesco what exactly did you say to meteor customer services??

• Advertisement

and aswell should i delete my information on my PAYG account on meteor (name, address all that stuff) just so when i sign up for the bill pay it wont say 'this person already has an account' or something, and so it will look like im a new customer aswell??

or am i talking crazy here??

Advertisement