Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Wake??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh right. I still have that card unused.

An Alan Wake T-shirt for my avatar wasn't something I really wanted. But extra episode? Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Quite enjoyed the DLC. The story kinda makes some sense to the ending to the main game and sets it up nicely for the second DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah , there was some avatar items or something you got if you redeemed it, and it said they would mail you the code when the dlc was out.

No the Avatar awards were a seperate code. The DLC code is on a seperate card from the Avatar stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

NotorietyH wrote: »
    No the Avatar awards were a seperate code. The DLC code is on a seperate card from the Avatar stuff.

I was thinking alright, but there was something else you got for it otherwise I wouldn't have entered it as I was aware of the DLC in July :confused:

I was thinking alright, but there was something else you got for it otherwise I wouldn't have entered it as I was aware of the DLC in July :confused:

Yeah I'm the same, I don't know why I redeemed it myself, because I knew to wait until the DLC was released with the Heavy Rain DLC back when that came out. I saw people mentioning a video on the Xbox forums.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm the same, I don't know why I redeemed it myself, because I knew to wait until the DLC was released with the Heavy Rain DLC back when that came out. I saw people mentioning a video on the Xbox forums.

AH thats what it was , sure didn't I only just delete that video last night to make space, it was well over 500mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I still haven't gotten any e-mail with a code :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Microsoft emailed mine out at 5am this morning.

Moiph wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten any e-mail with a code :(

Mine arrived @ 5:41am :)

Mine arrived @ 5:41am :)

Mine arrived at 5:42am! Off to download it now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through the DLC last night, very much enjoyed it. I still think the gameplay needs more variety, but this makes some interesting gameplay changes. I especially liked the
    words as weapons
    idea, and while it was usually fairly obvious how to use it, it was a welcome twist that made sense within the world. The
    boiler room
    section was good fun. It's a good 'bridging' episode, a follow up to the main narrative and yet somewhat self contained at the same time. Story didn't necessarily advance very far, but certainly didn't feel like filler either.

Looking forward to the next DLC in any case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Mine arrived at 05:32. Gotta finish War for Cybertron before going back to AW though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mine arrived a few mins after my last post haha.

I really enjoyed the DLC. Were some nice new mechanics in it. As said above it's a great bridge to the next part of the story. Really looking forward to the next one now. One of the better pieces of DLC I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I'm thinking about buying this. €30 from gamesnash... good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

average enough deal really, think GAME have it 25 euro new

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

anyone know the trade in value for the collectors edition at gamestop?

AlanWakeLimitedCollector'sEdition.jpg

anyway i would sell it in perfect condition for about 25/20 euro, depending on what gamestop will offer me, tbh its brilliant and i dont what to get rid of it but i need the money towards blacks ops hardended edition (80 euro)

amazon.co.uk have it new for was 50 now 40 pounds, 40 pounds being 47 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

Just cleared The Writer. Spoilers!
    In terms of gameplay it's as good if not better than usual, there's lots of empasis on using your environment to your advantage and avoiding using weapons if possible (for an achievement). The Level design is superb as well, it might give you flashback pings of Inception.

I think the "Special" title was justified though, the story isn't pushed far--ultimately a problem/challenge was created in The Signal that was resolved in The Writer but Alan is still left where he was at the end of the core game, lierally sitting in expectation of 'Season 2'.

VALIS wrote: »
    Just cleared The Writer. Spoilers!
    I think the "Special" title was justified though, the story isn't pushed far--ultimately a problem/challenge was created in The Signal that was resolved in The Writer but Alan is still left where he was at the end of the core game, lierally sitting in expectation of 'Season 2'.

I really enjoyed it. Going to play through again a couple of times to try and pick up the rest of the achievements to try and restore Alan Wake to fully complete status!
    Was glad that the game ended with basically the promise of a sequel, as I was afraid with its not so great sales that this might be the last we see of Alan Wake. The way it ended though seems to be that a sequel is all but confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is the 2nd DLC free? I used the code that came in the box to get the 1st one for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

siblers wrote: »
    Is the 2nd DLC free? I used the code that came in the box to get the 1st one for free.
    Nope, it's on the marketplace for 560pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is it worth 560?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I finished The Signal last night in an hour or two, and have The Writer in my download queue now for when I get home.
    Have a feeling its not going to be worth the money, but having got the game cheap and The Signal free, I decided to get it anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Writer got a damning review on Kotaku, was very reluctant to pick it up after that ('filler' seemed to be the word of choice). I liked the Signal, so still sorta tempted, but really would like to see them striding forward with the narrative and gameplay at this point. Looking like Alan Wake Series 2 will be the place to go for that.

The Writer got a damning review on Kotaku, was very reluctant to pick it up after that ('filler' seemed to be the word of choice). I liked the Signal, so still sorta tempted, but really would like to see them striding forward with the narrative and gameplay at this point. Looking like Alan Wake Series 2 will be the place to go for that.

If you liked the Signal, you'll definitely like The Writer. The gameplay is slightly better even in the Writer if you ask me, the story isn't fleshed out a lot, but there's a definitely a conclusion of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

If you liked the Signal, you'll definitely like The Writer. The gameplay is slightly better even in the Writer if you ask me, the story isn't fleshed out a lot, but there's a definitely a conclusion of sorts.

Damn you , had myself convinced I could give this a miss until I read that. Might just bite the bullet and pick it up .

Clover wrote: »
    Damn you , had myself convinced I could give this a miss until I read that. Might just bite the bullet and pick it up .

Could go towards the 800 point rebate anyway, that's how I justified it. Spending over 2400 points this month gets you 800 points back. So if yer buying other stuff this month from XBLA anyway I'd go for it and try to hit the magiv number!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭brady12

I seen this was leaving game pass and booted it up today try it . Very good game . Played first chapter and left it down to start Returnal . Defo going finish . Just have buy it now ! Story sucked me right in and I like the controls .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

brady12 wrote: »
    I seen this was leaving game pass and booted it up today try it . Very good game . Played first chapter and left it down to start Returnal . Defo going finish . Just have buy it now ! Story sucked me right in and I like the controls .

It sucks it's leaving. It's a shame you didn't play it sooner. One of the best Xbox 360 games imo.

Advertisement