Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ACTUALLY prefer women with no makeup?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ilovetosing

I think irish and british girls are without doubt amongst the worst and they have the most outrageous looks when it comes to applying make up. Like others have said its all about applying it to suit your skin or needs! Sooo many women on a night out just go so OTT these days. I defo prefer no make up. The GF is gorgeous with or without make up as she never puts too much on so Im happy out with that!

I know a girl in work who I see every morning. She is white as a ghost and hasn't the best skin in the face! I do see her having brekki doing her face and the difference before and after is unreal! I think this is what MOST guys do not want to see in women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Any girls I have liked , I liked them regardless of the make up they wore. Everybody has flaws even make up can't cover them up at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sopick

definitely the less the better what i think is rotten is when you can see the makeup line ending along the jawline looks like a mask

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Mixing up natural with sloppy?

Are women who wear no make-up obliged to wear sloppy clothes and bad hair?

Mix and match to the best effect.

No make-up DOES equal sloppy in a lot of workplaces. If I was going to an event or going out to meet a client, doing an interview, it'd be almost unprofessional of me not to wear makeup. Also very incongruous to wear dressy clothes and no make-up.

I agree with you liah, I think when men say "no make-up" they mean minimal make-up, and I agree with them there. I wouldn't wear make-up every single day, but on days where I'm a bit dressed up (like today) I've got light powder on, brows done, mascara, blusher, lip balm. I save foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow for nights out.

And I'd say the majority of guys would see me as having "no" makeup on today. I know my boyfriend prefers me bare-faced, but I like having some coverage to even out the redness in my cheeks and any other little blemishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Nope, I like women with make up on and when they get it right they can look fantastic... and depending on the occasion plenty of lipstick is.... grrrrrreat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I like the natural look however that can be translated into a little makeup but not tons. I generally don't go for the amount of makeup that reminds me of a builder plastering a wall. Some girls can look a lot better with quite a bit of makeup, but then there's those who go over board and put tons on. They're usually the WAG wannabe's and D4 Ooompa Loompa girls. Which I don't go for either. I mean the last thing you want is to wake up and for her to leave and her face is still on the pillow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

One thing I never understand is an attractive girl thinking that greasy-looking makeup, or the wrong shade of makeup, enhances her looks.

Same for strongly coloured and unnatural shades of eye makeup. It just makes you look at the makeup, not the face. I wear light makeup in only natural shades, and nude lippy.

My pet hate of hates is big long claw like fingernails, to me that just screams a do-nothing-high-maintenance type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

I just did a Philosophy exam dude, all about Plato and his 'forms' of knowledge and what not. Beauty is a concept, that infects the world and is ****e.
    My bf says he loves me without make up,
    I don't, wouldn't leave the house without foundation on. I have freckles that I hate!! Whatever floats your boat, he's seen me at his worst, and still loves me.. SORTED! [:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Most men say they like it when women don't wear make up. A lot of women wear so little make up that people don't even notice they're wearing it. Hardly ever wear it myself and when I do it's very little, just to even out skin tone etc..foundation, powder and mascara on my upper eye lashes. Don't see the point of lashing it on and I like that I can start getting ready to go out at 6:50 and be out the door at 7:30.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I usually like a little bit of make up, depending on the girl of course.

BUT, I have seen a few tangoes lately that I have had a second and third look at, especially in school today, non-uniform day(shlap on the make up for the girls day).:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭elleburp

liah wrote: »
    And for any girls reading this, have you ever had a man think you weren't wearing any makeup when you actually were?
    Nope. That's never happened. But I've been told I don't "need" makeup. A lot of my friends don't wear makeup day-to-day. Actually I'd have more friends who don't than those I have who do wear makeup everyday. I honestly don't think women "need" makeup, but we wear it to work in the office or go out at night. I don't tend to wear makeup on average saturday or sunday afternoons or anyday I'm not in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

miss5 wrote: »
    I wear very little and go for the natural look, I think if it makes you feel
    more confident then wear it. I think it's the caked on look people find unattractive.
    Less is more when it comes to make up.

Have to agree with miss5's point of view, it pretty much sum's up what I think; a little makeup is fine but slapping it on is just plain crap.
    Some of the most attractive people I knwo generally don't wear makeup and it's the fact they look natural that really gives them an edge looks wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I don't like the heavily made-up look but after being with my other half for almost 9 years, I understand the subtleties that can be contained in the make-up routine. For instance, if she's goign out and jsut wants to look fresh she uses some stuff from The Body Shop that just gives the skin a nice glow. No harm in sutff like that.

On the other hand, she has a friend who literally does not need one shred of make-up of any variety. Not a touch of this, or a smidgen of that. So I'd rather see her nto wear any at all because she looks better for it. But that's certainly a rare occurance in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It depends on the girl's complexion.

I prefer it on Irish girls cos I find freckles unattractive but on girls with darker skin, there's no need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mikeystipey

my missus looks lovely first thing in the morning with no make up, but looks much nicer in bright light/sunshine with make up...so overall I say warpaint for the win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Women with no make-up are usually the most honest people you could meet. They've got nothing to hide and they don't pretend to be someone they're not. And I've always liked tomboys. Tomboys rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Most women do not have perfect skin, eyelashes, eyebrows, lips, cheekbones, etc.
    Perfect according to what standard? A photoshopped magazine cover?
    Maybe for the men who prefer no makeup, the aspects you mentioned are less important.
    Personally I look more at the overall facial geometry, shape of nose, size of forehead... size, position and proportion of things... things largely unchanged by makeup, especially when viewed from the side.
    "Perfect" eyelashes and cheekbones aren't even on the list.
    Also I find the bee-sting lips and eyebrows frozen in surprise utterly revolting and unnatural... I'm bewildered by the origins of this standard of perfection.
    Flawless skin isn't required either, though it doesn't look like skin at all by the time some women are through with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Au naturale FTW! Makeup just makes faces look fake to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

Always a topic that is of interest to me.

I really have to laugh when I hear fellas saying "girls without makeup are better" or "I like a girl with a bit of meat on her"...IMO its such a load of b0llix.

You only have to look at the beautiful girls on the Easy on the Eye Thread to see that not one of those girls is makeup free and a very small amount of them "have a bit of meat" on them. I can guarantee that every single girl in those photos have a decent amount of makeup on. More than the average girl on a night out thats for sure!

In my opinion I think 100% girls look better with makeup on, no exception to the rule. I know girls who are gorgeous without makeup...they still look better with makeup!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

LeahK wrote: »
    In my opinion I think 100% girls look better with makeup on, no exception to the rule. I know girls who are gorgeous without makeup...they still look better with makeup!! :)
    What about a girl who is allergic to make-up and if she puts some on her head swells up and turns into a cabbage?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

I would have to say I prefer women without makeup myself. The whole 'Girlfriend just out of the shower' look does it all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I really have to laugh when I hear fellas saying "girls without makeup are better" or "I like a girl with a bit of meat on her"...IMO its such a load of b0llix

The OP merely asked for opinions. Many have given theirs. There's no need to refer to someone else's opinion as bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I really have to laugh when I hear fellas saying "girls without makeup are better" or "I like a girl with a bit of meat on her"...IMO its such a load of b0llix.

The meat one makes me laugh, too, actually. Basically by "meat" they mean "isn't completely ribby and bony, but still totally slim and 100% fit with really, really big tits."

The closest guys get to liking "meat" on a girl is Scarlett Johanssen. Anything larger than that and they think she's fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The meat one makes me laugh, too, actually. Basically by "meat" they mean "isn't completely ribby and bony, but still totally slim and 100% fit with really, really big tits."

The closest guys get to liking "meat" on a girl is Scarlett Johanssen. Anything larger than that and they think she's fat.

I think there might be another set of reasons for why the easy on the eye thread isn't full of non-makeup covered and non-photoshopped women. Like the fact that such images are hard to find, they exist in small numbers etc. Or should some be put up of women the posters know personally?

God I love being generalised into groups by someone who has no ****ing clue about me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My boyfriend actually does prefer me without makeup. He agrees that I look a bit better with makeup on, but he likes me natural. I really have no problem not wearing makeup - we went on holiday for a month last summer and I just didn't bother bringing makeup with me, it was nice not to having to think about it.

Some of my friends wouldn't be able to do that though - I have one particular friend who I have not seen makeup-free in years! She went out with a mutual friend for a while - he said she used to go to bed with her makeup on, and in the mornings would sneak off to the bathroom before he woke up and would re-do it! :confused: She stayed at my place after a party a while back, the pillowcases in the spare bed were smeared orange afterwards :mad:
    Giselle wrote: »
    Same for strongly coloured and unnatural shades of eye makeup. It just makes you look at the makeup, not the face. I wear light makeup in only natural shades, and nude lippy.

I wear strongly-coloured unnatural shades of eye makeup a lot of the time :D I think it depends on the person and their style - I have big eyes and love accentuating them, and I have a tendency to wear colourful clothes so I like to match them. I've just realised that I'm making myself sound like I look like a clown - I don't wear every colour of the rainbow at once or anything! I don't see anything wrong with wearing a nice purple top and matching my eye makeup with it. However, I am not a lipstick-wearer, I prefer to leave it at lip balm. I also only wear foundation occasionally, usually if I'm going to some sort of event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I like women both with and without.

Although, that said I most dislike women with too much makeup.

The ones who sit on the dart looking like they have beige icing on their face and then decide they have to reapply. Actually makes me feel kind of disgusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Women make the same mistakes when it comes to muscular men I think they picture something OTT and also I think when some girls say they like nerdy men what they really mean is some kind of hipster who is not at all nerdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

When I think of women with no makeup, I think of teenage girls and Susan Boyle. I can't think of any girl I know who doesn't wear makeup 90% of the time, and the odd time you see them without makeup you take notice. More often than not, you and the company you're in at the time (be it male, female or mixed) will deem its for the worse. Such is life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

upmeath wrote: »
    When I think of women with no makeup, I think of teenage girls and Susan Boyle. I can't think of any girl I know who doesn't wear makeup 90% of the time, and the odd time you see them without makeup you take notice. More often than not, you and the company you're in at the time (be it male, female or mixed) will deem its for the worse. Such is life.

Stuff must be different in Meath.

Advertisement