Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Fluence and Renault reputation (warning-old thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭starfish12

OP you could put any car brand/dealer name in your post and get exactly teh same response...my mate had one and this this and this broke...or i traded mine in and only got a tenner for it!!

I've yet to come across a brand that EVERYONE agrees on!!

For what its worth IMO it sounds like a good deal, I do know of so called electrical problems with renaults, my clio had one, indicators used to all flash at once....teh car was 9 years old and it cost €30 to fix....and that was the biggest issue I ever had with it!

If you are happy with it, and have shopped around for a deal go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

starfish12 wrote: »
    I've yet to come across a brand that EVERYONE agrees on!!

Skoda Octavia a motors forum favourite :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Looking at the Fluence on the Honest John website and it says that its built in Turkey (where are the other Meganes built?) for the Turkish, Romanian and Russian markets. Its not available in the UK but we're getting it?
    Is is possible to assume it is sub-standard if it is aimed at Eastern Europe?

Its because Irish people are trapped in the 70's and still think that its "posh" to be driving around in a saloon :D....... I kid you not.

The whole rest of Europe ( including the UK) has their head out of their arse and has figured out that hatchbacks are just far better in every department as a family car, except for countries still in the dark ages i.e the ones mentioned above. ( Which includes us :pac: )

Like a previous poster said ,the Astra saloon was here but not in Europe, the Honda Accord used to be available as a hatchback across Europe but not here because we didn't consider it premium enough as a hatch. Corolla sells very well here as a saloon yet you never see one in the UK as a saloon , they were all hatches. Civic was the same, they didn't even bring the regular Civic saloon to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Opel Astra Saloon
    Nissan Tiida
    Honda Civic Saloon
    Hyundai Accent
    Renault Fluence
    Toyota Corolla Saloon

Just some of the cars i can think of that we get here that they dont get in the UK because they are saloons. At least it gives us more choice but also brings in some dire stuff, the tiida springs to mind immediately..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Toyota's Verso is built in Turkey.

• Advertisement

So is the Saloon Corolla we get here

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

We also get this beast, the Suzuki SX4 saloon:

2008suzukisx401.jpg

We did dodge these though.....

foto_pujc1_big.jpg

VW%20Polo%20Vivo%20saloon%20700.jpg
    Ford-Fiesta-1_1537597c.jpg:D

Anyone remember this yoke?

opel_corsa_sedan_1985.jpg

bazz26 wrote: »
    We also get this beast, the Suzuki SX4 saloon:

2008suzukisx401.jpg
    Missed that one, ye know, in that particular photo it doesnt look that bad really, its not the worst looking car in reality anyway

Jeez Ed, those polo and clio saloons just look wrong, just another piece of metal has been bolted onto the back, and that fiesta amazingly makes me want to puke for some reason, odd considering the hatch is a decent looking car, in general small saloons just are'nt "nice" cars clearly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Saab Ed wrote: »
    We did dodge these though.....

foto_pujc1_big.jpg

There was one of these monstrosities coming out of the car park at the ALMC show a couple of weeks ago, as I was on the way back to the car.

Going from looking at Ferrari's etc. to this abomination isn't good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

foto_pujc1_big.jpg

It's hard to imagine the guy who designed that actually standing back and looking at his work with pride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

That Clio is mild compared to this :eek:

800px-Chevrolet_Corsa_B_in_Salta%2C_Argentina.jpg

I like the Corsa B, but thank God they didn't sell the saloon here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Deposit paid on Dynamique last week. Now all I have to do is wait.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Is anyone going to step in and lock this thread on bad taste alone! I feel sick just looking at the pictures and a picture of that Renault Fluence thingy would just about finish me.....:o

You can always leave...;)

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

.....just for you ali babba :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

.....just for you ali babba :)

I want an American Eagle SX4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Pikasso wrote: »
    Deposit paid on Dynamique last week. Now all I have to do is wait.... :D

did you ever get delivery of your car? I have been waiting since March!!!!!!:eek:

MoodeRator wrote: »
    did you ever get delivery of your car? I have been waiting since March!!!!!!:eek:

Yes. Posted about it earlier. Got it 5 weeks to the day after I ordered it - great car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

:mad:
    I am STILL waiting! on the verge of cancelling now.
    Though i did like the way the interior is kitted out for the driver!

MoodeRator wrote: »
    :mad:
    I am STILL waiting! on the verge of cancelling now.
    Though i did like the way the interior is kitted out for the driver!

Pity. Though if you are anywhere near delivery it will worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dags

Has anyone had a orange warning ''check diesel filter'' on a fluence i had and took my car to dealer and power is not great since they gave a poor explanation of why it happened but explained well that i'd have to pay 65 euro

Sounds like the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) is possibly blocked. Very common on modern day diesel cars, do you do alot of short trips in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

BrianD3 wrote: »

Re: sales figures, Renault was the 2nd best selling make after VW in Ireland in April. It's unheard of for Renault to sell more than Toyota and Ford in this country.

Probably because they are practically giving their cars away with discounts of nearly double that of competitors listed above. I am sure if Toyota or Ford discounted their cars like Renault do they would sell 3 or 4 times what Renault sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Wait until trade in time... Disaster!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

RedorDead wrote: »
    Probably because they are practically giving their cars away with discounts of nearly double that of competitors listed above. I am sure if Toyota or Ford discounted their cars like Renault do they would sell 3 or 4 times what Renault sell.

Even with all their discounting, they are still not selling as many cars as Ford, VW and Toyota.

These three makes have the volume segment in the Irish car market sewn up.

Toyota are well ahead this year, but of course their numbers have been well inflated because of all the new Garda cars that are being delivered (Toyota won the contract to deliver the current batch of new Garda cars) - then again Ford's numbers were inflated for many years too because most of the time Ford wins the tender for new Garda vehicles.

Dags wrote: »
    Has anyone had a orange warning ''check diesel filter'' on a fluence i had and took my car to dealer and power is not great since they gave a poor explanation of why it happened but explained well that i'd have to pay 65 euro

What about the 5 year warranty? Surely they'd throw in a manual regeneration of the DPF for free on a year ish old car? If it's due to the driving style this will happen again..... and again. DPF may well pack up eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

bazz26 wrote: »
    Anyone remember this yoke?

I had one back in 1987 I think. Drove to Saint Tropez in it. Not speedy though.

Advertisement