Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 3 (Cinderella)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If we can get five people minimum to agree to the one-hour write off and give me a date, I think we should go with that (VOAT 3.5) , pending the next full-on installment.

As mentioned previously, if anyone wants to participate and is not available at the chosen time on that date, he/she can PM me for the summary at a more convenient time.

Otherwise, come up with a shell for VOAT 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Antilles wrote: »
    So, is there a plan to continue this with a VOAT #4? Its been ages since I submitted my story and I'm itching to do another one :D

That's what you get for not leaving it until the last minute!

I'm in for the one hour write off and I'm sure I'll be able to work around other posters availability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'll be taking part in the one-hour write-off for sure. How would 9pm this Thursday evening suit everybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Hmmm,i usually play poker on thurs nights,could be there at 7pm though. Will def be entering as my last two stories have been writen just before the deadline so it appears i can (well kinda according to comments left :p) write a story in v little time.

9PM is the worst time of the day for me unfortunately.

The Sparrow, DaPooolRulez, angell, CaptainNegative, ToasterSparks, Mr E, Antilles, Wantobe? Anyone else want to take part and give us an approximate time that suits best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I might be up for it, what exactly is the 1 hour write off? Also please, not on Friday, WC begins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

I'm up for the write off thingy but with my family, there is no good time so I may not be able to do it at the last minute. :rolleyes:

Memnoch wrote: »
    I might be up for it, what exactly is the 1 hour write off? Also please, not on Friday, WC begins :D

Post 106 onwards - it's still a little fuzzy!

It looks like it's going to be very difficult for everyone to be online at the same time and uninterrupted for an hour. What say we go with the idea of me PMing each contestant the outline at an hour of their choosing and them sending me back their story an hour later?

If so, who can free themselves for an hour on Thursday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

The problem is that my online time can be a little unpredictable, so I can't commit to any specific time on any specific day!

I know it's not the same, but how about we choose a day, then post the story online on that day, and just send off our stories to pickarooney once we write them? I know it allows for a longer time period, but it's still a one-day writing exercise. Or even post the story at, say, 11am and close submissions at 4/5pm? People will more than likely have to write their story in one sitting anyway. And more people can enter this way too?

......or not! Whatever you think guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The problem is that my online time can be a little unpredictable, so I can't commit to any specific time on any specific day!

I know it's not the same, but how about we choose a day, then post the story online on that day, and just send off our stories to pickarooney once we write them? I know it allows for a longer time period, but it's still a one-day writing exercise. Or even post the story at, say, 11am and close submissions at 4/5pm? People will more than likely have to write their story in one sitting anyway. And more people can enter this way too?

......or not! Whatever you think guys.

Well that would suck for us night owls... Looks like Thursday night won't be good for me afterall, but I'm probably free at some stage in the afternoon... circa 3pm, 4pm...

• Advertisement

I think I'm going to have to make a decision on this...

On Thursday, at any point in the day, send me a PM telling me when you want to start and stop writing. I'll send you the outline. I'm usually on line from about 7AM Irish time.

Once you've received the outline, make a post in the thread which I'll open tomorrow evening saying you have it and are writing it from X to Y o'clock.

If for some reason I can't be there to send the PM at your preferred time, PM one of the people who already has the outline and ask them to send it to you at the time of your choosing.

The last person should have started by 23.00.

How does that sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

A bit complicated, but given the circumstances I don't see any other way around it, so yeah that's fine with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Sounds good. Works for me.

Advertisement