Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best breakfast roll in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

You mean coddle? :D Wonder if they put onions into there's, I fecking hate onions!

+1 on that hate them me self cant stand them,they didn't have onions in the coddle out there oh id love a bowl now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ben_in_Dublin

the mace on scr beside the james hospital entrance have fresh food served all day! although these days i make my own lunches..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

The Food Room in Clontarf beside the garda station do an amazing breakfast roll cooked right in front of you but I've heard it costs about 6-7 euros, it's basically a "gourmet" breakfast roll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I'm a Dub in Glasgow and believe me our rolls etc are the best on the planet. The likes of the ones you get in Spar and Londis etc are just superb, the garbage you get served in Britain is just unreal. My mates from Scotland come to Dublin sometimes and it's straight to Spar for a big brekkie roll:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Living in Barcelona for a year but cos of this thread I'm dying for a breakfast roll :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm a Dub in Glasgow and believe me our rolls etc are the best on the planet. The likes of the ones you get in Spar and Londis etc are just superb, the garbage you get served in Britain is just unreal. My mates from Scotland come to Dublin sometimes and it's straight to Spar for a big brekkie roll:D

Well this cleared up who you are anyway TA!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Well this cleared up who you are anyway TA!:D

Seen you on another thread and thought is that bollox stalking me:D

Good to see ya, Mon the Reds:)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

chuck wagon!! or posh nosh in cabra! yummmmmm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

browner85 wrote: »
    chuck wagon!!

Has to be on soda bread rather than a roll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭limey_tank

O'Donovan on Pearse St. Beside The Lombard on the corner of Lombard St.

Jayzus, sure it is only lovely. if you're at the right time, fresh fired egg too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

limey_tank wrote: »
    O'Donovan on Pearse St. Beside The Lombard on the corner of Lombard St.

Jayzus, sure it is only lovely. if you're at the right time, fresh fired egg too.
    Should it not be fresh fried egg everytime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Mace Jamestown road finglas. Best breakfast roll in Dublin according to fm104. I agree. Also heart good things about Clarke's in cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Has the news cafe in Blackrock been mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The Border Sheep

Any updated gems to try, went to the local Spar earlier and it didn't inspire confidence.
    Their poached/possibly fried eggs in the shape of a love heart did not make pleasant viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Slunk wrote: »
    Mace Jamestown road finglas. Best breakfast roll in Dublin according to fm104. I agree. Also heart good things about Clarke's in cabra.

Clarkes in Cabra is one of the best shops of any kind in Dublin.

To state the obvious - any bakery that has a Q of 20-30 people in it EVERY Saturday morning must be good.

But, because its not in Dun Laoghaire, and isnt run by a millenial, and doesnt have yoga & coffee mornings on the roof garden - it has never been and will never be written about in any newspaper. (And long may that continue!).

Its a triumph of substance over style, and that why it has lasted so long.

And yes, the breakfast is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Clarkes in Cabra is one of the best shops of any kind in Dublin.

To state the obvious - any bakery that has a Q of 20-30 people in it EVERY Saturday morning must be good.

But, because its not in Dun Laoghaire, and isnt run by a millenial, and doesnt have yoga & coffee mornings on the roof garden - it has never been and will never be written about in any newspaper. (And long may that continue!).

Its a triumph of substance over style, and that why it has lasted so long.

And yes, the breakfast is top class.

Clarkes is a fantastic bakery and a decent deli
    If you are there for the bread or cakes like the other 30 people queuing on sat morning , or a ham roll with coleslaw you cannot go wrong and you will not see it bettered.

The breakfast though is terrible , like its stuck in 1985 .
    Further proved by the fact there is never any queue in the cafe part and its empty most Saturday mornings.
    One of the things that makes Clarkes so great is it is quite old fashioned but brekkie/brunch has moved on ,and what Clarkes offer is terrible in todays market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I second Ger's Deli in Ballyfermot for a good breakfast roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

If you are there for the bread or cakes like the other 30 people queuing on sat morning , or a ham roll with coleslaw you cannot go wrong and you will not see it bettered.

Further proved by the fact there is never any queue in the cafe part and its empty most Saturday mornings.
    One of the things that makes Clarkes so great is it is quite old fashioned but brekkie/brunch has moved on ,and what Clarkes offer is terrible in todays market.

70% of the garda in dubland would disagree with your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

70% of the garda in dubland would disagree with your opinion.

I wouldn’t trust a Garda’s mouth..... when it comes to breakfast rolls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

But we are talking about a fry here?

They use good quality products and a nice pot of tea. Whats the problem?

And by the way, it is very busy for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm sure the like of David McWilliams are avidly watching this thread to get a sense of the boom and next crash...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Tails142

Came here to say Deco's on Bolton Street, but it is indeed gone! Glad to see it's up there in people's memories. Their secret I reckon, was soft bread rolls and 'buttering' the bread with black pudding as well as butter of course.

Hope that Deco is on a tropical island somewhere enjoying retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Tails142

Jaysus just realised I already posted in this thread nine bloody years ago. Will I ever get over the loss of Deco's?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Tails142 wrote: »
    Came here to say Deco's on Bolton Street, but it is indeed gone! Glad to see it's up there in people's memories. Their secret I reckon, was soft bread rolls and 'buttering' the bread with black pudding as well as butter of course.

The decci rolls were fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Get a fresh spar roll.. lash in a load of beans, onions and mayonnaise and you got the perfect breakfast roll... bon appetite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

Tails142 wrote: »

As far as i know Declan's is still there,its now called Declan and Donal's Deli.

AulWan wrote: »
    I second Ger's Deli in Ballyfermot for a good breakfast roll.

Yea. Ger's Deli is savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Not a roll but the breakfast club sandwich in the news cafe in Dundrum & blackrock is excellent. Thick toast, sausage patty, streaky bacon and the middle slice of bread is French toast.
    Deco’s and Gers are both good shouts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Londis on Parkgate Street does a great breakfast roll, especially early in the morning when the rolls are still fresh. Lovely, friendly Dublin staff in the deli too. Just don't get stuck behind the apprentice mechanic getting all the orders from the Dublin Bus garage on the Connyngham Road, or the young prison officer doing the same for the prison guards in the courts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yea. Ger's Deli is savage.

Yeah and it's massive too. It's a section of a baguette (not demi baguette like most delis serve) so it's much wider. Plenty of eating in it :eek:

Advertisement