Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best breakfast roll in dublin

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

stovelid wrote: »
    Jaysus, I tempted to drive over for one of these.

Do it..the shop is a right turn just after you take aleft..its beside a remax estate agents and a butchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Matt the Rashers, Crumlin

You can't beat a Famouser...nom nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

^^Famouser?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Thats what the Breakfast is called, the one with liver and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭coopersgreen

Deise59 wrote: »
    Matt the Rashers in Harold Cross, fantastic breakfast and rolls

Absolutely, best breakfast and breakfast rolls. And none of yer waiting around crap either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

Dancor wrote: »
    I think Deco's is gone now. Tasti Kitchen on accross from the Mater hospital does a lovely breakfst roll.

yup thats a regular place for me they are huge things in there cheap and very filling and lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

+1 for News Cafe in Blackrock................feckin gorgeous.

I live in Ballybrack and regularly make my way out to Matts for a good aul slap up!...cant handle the liver tho!

WORST BREKKIE WAS IN HOWARDS WAY.........ANY ONE OF THEM! absolute crap.

There is a good place on the Walkinstown Roundabout, just up from the National Irish Bank.

And for those worried about the demise of Deco's, the man is still alive, and as big as ever. Loved his breakfast rolls. FXB's on Moore St used to do a good sandwich, not as good as Deco's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

SuperValu by the Quay in the city centre absouletly scrumptious ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

O'Donovans opposite Goldsmith hall (pierce street dart station)
    Helped me get fat in college a few years ago, real pudding, nice eggs. think its still going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

Deise59 wrote: »
    Matt the Rashers in Harold Cross, fantastic breakfast and rolls

Its on The Sundrive Road opposite Superquinn. Heavenly food is an understatement

I also like Earls Bakery on North Earls Street. They use proper bread rolls instead of those rock solid cusine de france ****e ones

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Based on the reviews here I took himself to Matt the Rashers for his birthday earlier this week. He had the Famouser that Crosáidí mentioned. It went down a storm, he's still talking about it!

Cheers Boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

matt the rashers is by far the best breakfast roll in dublin by a long a shot
    ate a breakfast roll and it was lovely then had a bowl of coddel after it and it was also lovely iv now found my home away from home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I don't know about the best but the worst one I had were those microwavable ones you could buy in the supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Danye

anto86 wrote: »
    matt the rashers is by far the best breakfast roll in dublin by a long a shot

I would have to disagree, go back a couple of years and it was magic but the last couple of years its gone down hill. Havent had it in a while do so maybe its back to what it once was..

My new favourite place would have to be "Bites", cant think of the exact location but its tucked in behind where the old 7th lock pub in ballyfermot use to be and its top grub!

Try it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Theres a newsagent on the Old Naas Road that doeas a great roll, they fry the egg tomato and onions while you wait and have the bugger bursting at the seams (trhe way it should be). Going into town on the Naas Road its the road on the left about 100m before the Kylemore Road traffic lights, about 50m down on the left is the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ckv

Donnybrook fair have a beaut of a roll, they're black pudding and sausages make it! they've mastered the slap-up-ness of it well too! Ballymaloe relish is a must also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

ckv wrote: »
    Donnybrook fair have a beaut of a roll, they're black pudding and sausages make it! they've mastered the slap-up-ness of it well too! Ballymaloe relish is a must also!

Hi Donnybrook Fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Donnybrook Fair is brilliant. Definitely the best breakfast roll in the city imho, nyummmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I love when a one post wonder bumps a thread for a breakfast roll shill.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »

Hi Donnybrook Fair

I'm not donnybrook fair, they sell e10 lucky charms! Which is scandalous! But they're breakfast roll is only e4 which is the going rate these days!

And you need to go to the one in donnybrook, the baggot st and stillorgan stores don't have black pudding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

I'm not donnybrook fair, they sell e10 lucky charms! Which is scandalous!

the cereal?

spider_pig wrote: »
    I'm not donnybrook fair, they sell e10 lucky charms! Which is scandalous!

the cereal?

Yeah cereal, and they're only small boxes too! But enough about that, anymore good breakfast roll places, news cafe popped up earlier in this trend which I would agree with also!

king fisher on parnell street do a lovely roll, a deluxe roll for €4
    2 sausage 2 rasher 1 egg 2 hash brown beans and white pudding nom nom nom roll on tomorrow morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

what time do the kingfisher stop doing breakfast rolls?

ronano wrote: »
    what time do the kingfisher stop doing breakfast rolls?

they do them all day long if they have enough rolls from that days delivery Ive often got one in the evening time say 5pm, if none left its a sandwich although not quite the same but its still tasty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Gammells in Ranelagh do a lovely breakfast roll. I've never tried the Hobarts one but they do a nice breakfast.

Have to try this Matt the Rashers. What time would be the quietest - i heard that its only open in the morning - is this right?

Mont wrote: »
    Gammells in Ranelagh do a lovely breakfast roll. I've never tried the Hobarts one but they do a nice breakfast.

Have to try this Matt the Rashers. What time would be the quietest - i heard that its only open in the morning - is this right?

as far as i know its open during the day they also do a lovely codel as well had one after a roll one day was lovely

also the butchers beside finches pub clondalkin does a lovely roll too

update: found this on yelp

29 Sundrive Road
    Ground Floor
    Crumlin, Dublin 12
    (01) 4927001
    Matt The Rashers, Crumlin, Co. Dublin
    Add Photos

Hours:

Mon-Sat 7:00 - 15:00

Sun 10:00 - 14:00

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

spider_pig wrote: »
    as far as i know its open during the day they also do a lovely codel as well had one after a roll one day was lovely

You mean coddle? :D Wonder if they put onions into there's, I fecking hate onions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I'm ****ing starving now after reading this thread :(

Advertisement