Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best breakfast roll in dublin

Options
  • 09-05-2010 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

starvin for a breakfast roll fed up with the useuall nice places iv found wondering if there is any where nice i haven tried yet

also mainly a breakfast roll that is freshly cooked and has not been sitting there like spar and centra and all them type a places dnt like them rolls at all there the same every where

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Deise59

Matt the Rashers in Harold Cross, fantastic breakfast and rolls

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I dont know if its still there.

But when i was in fas in bolton street, there was a place called decos right beside it, done the nicest breakfast roll ive ever had, done a fine chicken fillet roll to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

+1 for Deco's on Bolton Street.

Can't remember having a better breakfast roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I think Deco's is gone now. Tasti Kitchen on accross from the Mater hospital does a lovely breakfst roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Deco's on Bolton Street is gone :(

Was the best breakfast roll in the country, RIP Deco

ps. dont know if he actually died but he was seriously overweight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Tails142 wrote: »
    Deco's on Bolton Street is gone :(

Was the best breakfast roll in the country, RIP Deco

ps. dont know if he actually died but he was seriously overweight

Ah noooo thats sad to hear now, that place kept me and my stomach happy many a time. Suprised its gone there was always ques out the door for the rolls. I have craving for a decos now.

Overweight? thats an understatement the man used to dwarf the counter around him. Was A nice bloke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Calzones on south william st. Its like their fry, only in a roll. Fúcking beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Has to be said, and nothing against foreign nationals per se, but they don't understand breakfast rolls, so anywhere with a Dub serving is usually the best.

Best I've found personally, Clarkes Bakery on the Cabra Road.

Deco's is gone?

That is sad news, possibly was the best breakfast roll in the country,
    and I've eaten breakfast rolls all over the country. :D

Was contemplating going driving to Bolton Street to see if I could get a breakfast roll earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Has to be said, and nothing against foreign nationals per se, but they don't understand breakfast rolls, so anywhere with a Dub serving is usually the best.

Generally speaking, whatever the nationality, the roll-maker should ideally have been locked the night before (or at least sympathetic to the concept) to understand that hungover patrons require their breakfast rolls to be bursting at the seams, no matter what the management directive is.

And no thick questions like what do want on it? Everything, you dope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Cafe sofia on wexford street - for breakfast rolls and fry up breakfast it is the best

Super value also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Deise59 wrote: »
    Matt the Rashers in Harold Cross, fantastic breakfast and rolls

+1 on the breakfast . Got your location wrong though , would be either crumlin or kimmage like my house on same road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Cafe sofia on wexford street - for breakfast rolls and fry up breakfast it is the best

Super value also

Are you recommending Super Valu breakfast rolls here or saying there is super value to be had in Cafe Sofia?

Oh and just one thing breakfast roll makers - hash browns do not belong in there. They belong in a greasy bag on the side.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

stovelid wrote: »
    And no thick questions like what do want on it? Everything, you dope.

You want mushrooms, hash brown and beans?

wyndham wrote: »
    You want mushrooms, hash brown and beans?

I want them all.

stovelid wrote: »
    I want them all.

You sir, are worse than Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I havent one in years but i prefered to make them myself and just with ketchup and sausages. Anything else would make me gag. And the rolls and sausages would have to be from Superquinn. Yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lux23 wrote: »
    I havent one in years but i prefered to make them myself and just with ketchup and sausages. Anything else would make me gag. And the rolls and sausages would have to be from Superquinn. Yummy.

Wimmens. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's a shop called Sarah's in santry,left turn before the omni centre if you're coming from town.
    If you want a breakfast roll you gotta wait a few minutes because they never have the food sitting there and its usually cooked fresh in front of you.
    If memory serves,the breakfast rolls have three fat sausages,two freshly fried eggs,two back rashers and pudding if you want it.
    It is the best breakfast roll i have ever eaten,bar none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Ger's Deli, Ballyfermot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Donovan's Butchers in Neilstown. A bit out of the way but top class. (And their own black & white pudding and sausages are fantastic too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

+1 on the breakfast . Got your location wrong though , would be either crumlin or kimmage like my house on same road

Get breakfast in Matts every so often, on a saturday and sunday morning/afternoon there's constantly guys going in and leaving with 5-6 breakfast rolls for their mates. Haven't had a breakfast in dublin as good as Matts

Degsy wrote: »
    If you want a breakfast roll you gotta wait a few minutes because they never have the food sitting there and its usually cooked fresh in front of you.
    If memory serves,the breakfast rolls have three fat sausages,two freshly fried eggs,two back rashers and pudding if you want it.

Jaysus, I tempted to drive over for one of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the newsagents beside the 4 roads pub on sundrive road do a lovely breakfast roll

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

whereabouts exactly is matt the rashers? i drive in via the canal in the mornings some weekends for college and would happily make a wuick diversion for a good breakfast roll. sweet feck all round where the lectures are on-ghey paninis and wraps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its on sundrive road opposite the entrance to the superquinn shopping centre, just beside the stoneboat pub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

This should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Don't go delicious in crumlin village anyway , the owner is a pissy faced bitch .

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Matt the rashers in Sundrive is the best by far me thinks!! Was there yesterday-yum!! The news cafe in Blackrock is also a quality spot!!

• Advertisement

not quite Dublin City but the News Cafe in Blackrock has the best breakfast roll in the world -- ever :pac:
    Yum

Advertisement