Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Mickeroo wrote: »
    its funny though....

nope, it's from the onion

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

al28283 wrote: »
    nope, it's from the onion

5qdl8.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Apparently the first cut is around 4 hours long http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=56703

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Apparently the first cut is around 4 hours long http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=56703

It'll be dwindled down to 2 and half hours like the other 2 films. Majority of that stuff that hits the cutting room floor will be fluff, never to see the light of day since Nolan's movies never have any deleted scenes.

I think The Punisher with Tom Jane had a original cut of over 5 hours. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

TBH, with the amount of stuff this film is covering, it should be at least 3 hours long.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If this is anywhere near the quality of TDK then I'll happily sit through 8 hours much less 4!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

+1, despite how long it was TDK flew by, and at the end I was a little sad that it was over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Maybe there is someone thinking right now.....

4 hours = 2 films = 2 paydays. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

FlashD wrote: »
    Maybe there is someone thinking right now.....

4 hours = 2 films = 2 paydays. :pac:

I hope not. They did that with Harry Potter and it ruined the film.
    If this is anywhere near the quality of TDK then I'll happily sit through 8 hours much less 4!

Me too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It depends how rough this "rough cut" is, but given how tightly edited Nolan's other films are, 4 hours sounds about right to me. I'd say TDK was easily the same length in rough cut form. Most of what ends up on Nolan's cutting room floor is dead air between dialogue and characters entering and leaving a room. He rarely seems to cut whole scenes.

• Advertisement

It depends how rough this "rough cut" is, but given how tightly edited Nolan's other films are, 4 hours sounds about right to me. I'd say TDK was easily the same length in rough cut form. Most of what ends up on Nolan's cutting room floor is dead air between dialogue and characters entering and leaving a room. He rarely seems to cut whole scenes.

Actually Nolan only cut about 15 - 20 minutes of footage from TDK. Or at least a very small amount. It's unlikely to happen with this though. Although I wouldn't mind sitting in the cinema for 4 hours considering it's the end of a cultural phenomenon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Seems they've given away a little spoiler on one of the new prints.

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/n/new-plot-synopsis-for-the-dark-knight-rises-98517-01-470-75.jpg
    Gordon poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

calm down Doctor, now's not the time for fear, that comes later.

Corholio wrote: »

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/n/new-plot-synopsis-for-the-dark-knight-rises-98517-01-470-75.jpg
    Gordon poster

Those posters have a very soviet propoganda feel to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

nice little spoiler put in to the poster i like it. i just cant wait to see this film would you say many cinemas will be doing midnight screenings ? cant wait to hear the music zimmer creates aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Actually Nolan only cut about 15 - 20 minutes of footage from TDK. Or at least a very small amount. It's unlikely to happen with this though. Although I wouldn't mind sitting in the cinema for 4 hours considering it's the end of a cultural phenomenon :(

There's absolutely no need for TDKR to be anywhere near a four hour movie. I'd be hugely surprised if it's over three hours, unless Nolan has completely lost the run of himself (doubtful) and is producing the cinematic equivalent of a double album.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

MTV have withdrawn their suggestion that the rough cut is four hours long. It was a joke apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

MTV have withdrawn their suggestion that the rough cut is four hours long. It was a joke apparently.

I don't get it :confused:

I don't think anyone did.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Corholio wrote: »

Gordon poster

I like that line "I have your back". gonna be an epic scene.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I like that line "I have your back". gonna be an epic scene.

Maybe they team up :eek:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Despite Nolan bashing 3D on numerous occasions, Warners has announced they will be post-converting the film to 3D.

http://batman-news.com/2012/04/01/the-dark-knight-rises-to-be-post-converted-to-3d/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Despite Nolan bashing 3D on numerous occasions, Warners has announced they will be post-converting the film to 3D.

http://batman-news.com/2012/04/01/the-dark-knight-rises-to-be-post-converted-to-3d/
    April Fool's right? I mean parts of the US are only starting April 1st given the time difference, so I'm hoping that it's just a trick published to mark the occasion stateside.

If not, that sucks. DKR will make money regardless of what format it's released in, but studios will doubtless use its likely success as proof the market's still there for 3D...

Edit: why yes, when you read the article it is quite obvious :D

Aw, crap! I think you're right. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Lirpa Sloof

Hmmm. ;)

lol. I can't believe I fell for that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

lol. I can't believe I fell for that.
    Happens to the best of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Here is one video that is not an april fool.

No surprise that this is made out of Lego.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That was awesome. I'm so excited now!

Advertisement