Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Link not working for me....

Checked the website, apparently it has had a wee crash. Basically it was showing the 'Rogues' sign in the crowd from the trailer and noted that the letter 'R' was in the same font as the R in Robin's logo from the comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I may give this a miss. The trailer looks like a pile of sh!t.

Didn't really like the last two.

http://gizmodo.com/5869277/watch-the-dark-knight-rises--full-trailer-now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Dear Warner Bros.,

Please release the trailer in an official HD capacity.
    Your trailer is all over the internet and it's not doing the movie any justice when people are judging the movie on poor quality audio and video footage.

Yours Sincerely,

Humans.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Trailer in lovely quicktime HD is now up:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thedarkknightrises/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Jaysis, Quicktime is some pain in the balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

No no no. I know the cammed trailer is crap quality cos it's a cam. But I'm saying that it looks sh!t..............as a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Saw it on imax last night when going to see MI4, looks amazing but they really need to work on banes voice. Really hard to make out what hes saying if there is any other noise what so ever going off.

Plus he sounds like Johann Krauss (the gas doctor) from Hellboy 2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Jaysis, Quicktime is some pain in the balls.
    Works great for me. And at least it doesn't try and set my laptop on fire like Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Really enjoyed that trailer. Couldn't understand what Bane was saying until I watched it in Quicktime. Can't wait now :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Works great for me. And at least it doesn't try and set my laptop on fire like Flash.

I - like you I'm guessing - am on a Mac and it still took my three browser changes to get it to download :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I'm gonna be sad when it's over :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks good, even if there's a distinct lack of Batman in the trailer (possibly a positive sign!). Not so sure about the
    Batplane / Helicopter hybrid thing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Trailer in lovely quicktime HD is now up:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thedarkknightrises/

You're welcome :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I'm curious about the bit with Tom Conti, is it set during Batman Begins I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

Anyone got any links to the prologue?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bullvine wrote: »
    I'm curious about the bit with Tom Conti, is it set during Batman Begins I wonder?

was wondering that myself, Bruce is a bit beardy, could be during his league of shadows training? or when he was in jail since thats what it looks like.

• Advertisement

Looks good, even if there's a distinct lack of Batman in the trailer (possibly a positive sign!). Not so sure about the
    Batplane / Helicopter hybrid thing :/

Looks very much like Bats has got him self an upgraded Tumbler, the shape of it looks like it just sits down on top of it. Hence why it's black and the tumbler is Camo.
    Just my opinion on it. I could be wayyyyyyyy offffffff though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nicklauski wrote: »
    Looks very much like Bats has got him self an upgraded Tumbler, the shape of it looks like it just sits down on top of it. Hence why it's black and the tumbler is Camo.
    Just my opinion on it. I could be wayyyyyyyy offffffff though :D

the original tumble in BB was camoflage wasnt it? bet Bane nicks the other prototypes from the applied sciences dept. or something. although the one in the trailer has a cannon attached to the top.

It’s an excellent trailer. Far superior to TDK’s first trailer IMO.

It looks like there’s going to be a lot social upheaval in Gotham in this film. We see what appears to be scenes of Gotham’s rich and powerful being dragged out of their homes. In other words, the Joker’s predications are going to come through and Gothamites are going to turn on each other. Batman and Gordon bought themselves 8 years of peace at the end of TDK, but their lies are going to come back to haunt them. I'm hoping this will also result in Batman being brought to reckoning for the crimes he's committed. I wouldn't put it past Bane to reveal Bruce's identity to the world.

Bane looks like he’s the polar opposite of Bruce. In the prologue he says nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask. This is in contrast to Bruce who was rich and powerful. So I guessing Bane was a nobody, probably from the worst social conditions you can imagine. In the comics he was raised in a prison, right? So unlike Bruce, who symbolically fell from his privileged position in Begins, Bane rose to where he currently is.

We see Bruce in what looks to be some sort of prison. This isn't a flashback because you can see grey in Bruce's hair. So perhaps, instead of breaking his back, Bane just sends Bruce to the place he came from. What better punishment for the man born with a silver spoon? He can’t leave him alive, but he obviously wants him to watch as he destroys Gotham. A guy sitting in a wheelchair for half the running time doesn't make for a good action movie, so Nolan might be going for a metaphoric rise. Although I can still see the back-breaking happening at the end.

All in all this has me very excited for the film. Roll on the summer!

krudler wrote: »
    the original tumble in BB was camoflage wasnt it? bet Bane nicks the other prototypes from the applied sciences dept. or something. although the one in the trailer has a cannon attached to the top.

Yeah true enough. It was Camo, and then Bruce utters his "Does it come in Black" line.

Bats and Catwoman tag team (not that kinda tag team ;) ) possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

chin_grin wrote: »
    I may give this a miss. The trailer looks like a pile of sh!t.

Didn't really like the last two.

http://gizmodo.com/5869277/watch-the-dark-knight-rises--full-trailer-now

OpoQQ.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,988 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I watched the bootleg copies, but seeing this in full-quality really does add so much. It's also a great trailer in the sense that it thrills but also teases: we're not really left with any greater sense of the plot, or who / what the characters are.

Going by the shots of the armed mob, their big battle with the cops & apparent scenes of the wealthy being dragged from their homes, I'm guessing Bane stirs Gotham into a frenzy of the Have-Nots rising against the Haves. The 99% protests gone haywire perhaps. It'd be quite topical if that's what is happening...

pixelburp wrote: »
    I watched the bootleg copies, but seeing this in full-quality really does add so much. It's also a great trailer in the sense that it thrills but also teases: we're not really left with any greater sense of the plot, or who / what the characters are.

Going by the shots of the armed mob, their big battle with the cops & apparent scenes of the wealthy being dragged from their homes, I'm guessing Bane stirs Gotham into a frenzy of the Have-Nots rising against the Haves. The 99% protests gone haywire perhaps. It'd be quite topical if that's what is happening...

Come to think of it Nolan and co had considered filming the Occupy Wall Street encampment but decided against it so as not to trivialise the movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

This is a cam of the prologue, I'm sorry I watched it.

Make up your own minds if you want to ruin it on yourselves.. only one week to wait to MI:GP

You were warned!

But fúck me, thats good shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

was wondering that myself, Bruce is a bit beardy, could be during his league of shadows training? or when he was in jail since thats what it looks like.

I'm wondering if after bane does his suplex on bruce, bruce heads back to where he learned how to be batman in the first place?

After 8 years in rehab, comes back stronger than ever..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bruce has the grey streaks in his hair in that shot, so I'm betting Bane imprisons Bruce after giving him a beating.

Advertisement