Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,187 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmmm, so knowing that an actual 6-minute trailer will be released, I think that puts the lid on whether those "leaks" are real or not. Certainly the first one couldn't be fit within a 6 minute timeframe ... could it?

I just don't see how you could have
    Bane break Batmans back not only in the first 6 minutes of the movie, but before the movie has even come out! That moment, if it happens, is going to be huge, and not an opening scene or trailer. I would also feel JGL's character would need to be introduced and connected before Bat's back is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

Have to say it sounds awesome, and having watched TDK last night I could see it happening alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

This is going to be a huge release next year

Personally I loved the two Batman films

But it's slightly worrying that Nolan is due a flop! Inception was his worst film IMO (Still very good though). Just hope he doesn't swap substance for style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    This is going to be a huge release next year

Personally I loved the two Batman films

But it's slightly worrying that Nolan is due a flop! Inception was his worst film IMO (Still very good though). Just hope he doesn't swap substance for style

Going by the teaser, I think Nolan is going back to the emotional core of the story which for me made BB the better film of the two. So I really think he'll deliver the substance in abundance.

Going by the teaser, I think Nolan is going back to the emotional core of the story which for me made BB the better film of the two. So I really think he'll deliver the substance in abundance.

Hopefully, I was of the opinion that BB was the better film too

Any news on a release date? June?

• Advertisement

Hopefully, I was of the opinion that BB was the better film too

Any news on a release date? June?

Scheduled for a July 20th release in the US/Canada, hopefully they make it a global release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd watch a trailer but not 6 whole minutes worth, bound to be a bit spoilery like.

Hmmm, depends.
    There was a 6 or so minute trailer of The Dark Knight that was shown before I am Legend in 2007. It quickly hit the net afterwards. It was just the opening scene, from start to finish, of The Joker that appears in the final cut.

Looking back, it was an odd thing to do. Like Batman Begins was a success so why need a 6 minute scene/trailer to sell the movie? But then again, I remember hearing a lot of people feeling Ledger was a bad choice for Joker. That could he do it? Hey, I'll hold my hands up as thinking the same. And he blew everyone away. Since that whole 'scene trailer' was shown. I reckon it must of been geared towards the fans with doubt. While still hyping at the same time.

Scheduled for a July 20th release in the US/Canada, hopefully they make it a global release.

They'll have to

It'll surely get leaked otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

They'll have to

It'll surely get leaked otherwise

Was it a simultaneous global release for TDK? I seem to remember some cinema recordings popped up online within 24 hours of the release.

IIRC the US got it a week before everyone else.

• Advertisement

I hope it's not delayed a week here, no doubt i'll give into temptation and watch some ****ty Camrip before it comes out

I hope it's not delayed a week here, no doubt i'll give into temptation and watch some ****ty Camrip before it comes out

Don't do it!

Had that temptation myself for TDK, I actually watched the first few minutes in awful quality but chickened out before The Joker reveal.

But I'm lucky now in the sense that I've learnt to appreciate cinema, films like TDKR really do deserve to be seen on a massive screen, plus you owe it to yourself to give yourself the best possible experience of a film you've been waiting eagerly for (for the best part of 4 years!).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Had that temptation myself for TDK, I actually watched the first few minutes in awful quality but chickened out before The Joker reveal.

But I'm lucky now in the sense that I've learnt to appreciate cinema, films like TDKR really do deserve to be seen on a massive screen, plus you owe it to yourself to give yourself the best possible experience of a film you've been waiting eagerly for (for the best part of 4 years!).

There's no point watching a cam-rip of any film IMO, good or bad, they're a complete waste of time.

There's no point watching a cam-rip of any film IMO, good or bad, they're a complete waste of time.

That's true

For some reason I only do it for films I'm really looking forward to

The last one was Machete (which turned out to be a huge disappointment) and I had to turn it off after ten minutes the quality was so bad

Cinemas better than sitting at your laptop too

Some interesting pics, as usual quite spoilerific.

Anyone have an idea what
    the unusual sphere is? It would hardly be another water vaporiser ala Batman Begins would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Some interesting pics, as usual quite spoilerific.

Anyone have an idea what
    the unusual sphere is? It would hardly be another water vaporiser ala Batman Begins would it?
    Heard it was some sort of emp machine that effects any mechanism on the ground. Thus bane has helicoptors and batman gets the batcopter. it would also explain some if the pics that show cars crashed all over the city. Also heard it could be a device that triggers earthquake.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cool:

http://www.ujam.com/campaigns/darkknightrises/introduction

least we know what the chant from the trailer actually says now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

krudler wrote: »
    cool:

http://www.ujam.com/campaigns/darkknightrises/introduction

least we know what the chant from the trailer actually says now

Ehhhhh, what does it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Gintonious wrote: »
    Ehhhhh, what does it say?

Someone answers that in the comments below the clip.

Deh-shay, deh-shay bah-sah-rah, bah-sah-rah is how it's pronounced. I've been told that it means "He rises, he rises" in Moroccan.

• Advertisement

new set video form the new york shoot.

my god thats some amount of extras :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, that's pretty epic to watch. Who says the old-school days of epic films with 100s of extras were dead and gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats cool, cops and Bane's gang scrapping?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

krudler wrote: »
    thats cool, cops and Bane's gang scrapping?
    Earlier set photos did show
    Bane & Batman slugging it out in the middle of a pitched battle between cops & thugs
    , so I'm guessing this is all part of that same set of scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Klim wrote: »
    Someone answers that in the comments below the clip.

Deh-shay, deh-shay bah-sah-rah, bah-sah-rah is how it's pronounced. I've been told that it means "He rises, he rises" in Moroccan.

It may or may not mean he rises, but they speak Arabic in Morroco,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

A behind the scenes peek taken on set today

Batman.jpg

i still have a sneaky film joseph gordon levitt will be revealed to be robin

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ricero wrote: »
    i still have a sneaky film joseph gordon levitt will be revealed to be robin

I'd put my house on him being, or at least being a version of
    John Paul Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'd put my house on him being, or at least being a version of
    John Paul Valley

Yep I think you could be right with that. Would make sense for
    Azrael
    or a character based on him to be used in the film. They could also base it on
    Michael Lane
    who was the second
    Azrael
    if they wanted to work in the cop angle.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yep I think you could be right with that. Would make sense for
    Azrael
    or a character based on him to be used in the film. They could also base it on
    Michael Lane
    who was the second
    Azrael
    if they wanted to work in the cop angle.

i dunno i just have a feeling that the studio would want robin to be introduced to the frachise. i know JGL is suppose to play a character called john blake but didnt they hide the fact that liam nesson was ra al ghul in the first film. also wasnt one of the robins not a cop before in the comics ?

also JGL was seen filming scenes outside an orphanage during filming

Advertisement