Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

al28283 wrote: »
    Cool, looking forward to that
    I love that idea about the Penguin being the bank manager from TDK with the limp etc. Dont think it is true but I would stand up and clap in the middle of the cinema if it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

al28283 wrote: »
    Cool, looking forward to that
    I love that idea about the Penguin being the bank manager from TDK with the limp etc. Dont think it is true but I would stand up and clap in the middle of the cinema if it was.
    Yea i'd love if we got cameo apperances or references to other villians in the batman universe Such as in batman begins

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ricero wrote: »
    Yea i'd love if we got cameo apperances or references to other villians in the batman universe Such as in batman begins

Can your refresh me, what reference(s) in BB was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

He might mean the Joker tease at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I thought of that but I took it that he refered to something else. "Cameos" got me.
    The Joker card was a specific reference to TDK, obviously nothing like that in this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Victor Zsasz appears briefly in Batman Begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/board/thread/189976336

Sure it's fake but still interesting.

i would not be surprised if that's actually true

I like the idea of the film directly starting from where TDK left off, but that prologue doesn't work as the montage at the end of TDK brings us past that moment.

But having said that, starting from where TDK left off would be a perfect set up to bring Bane in quickly and get the whole possible back breaking out of the way quickly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

My gut tells me it's real.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well it passes the first smell test in that it doesn't seem utterly ludicrous, so it has that going for it. But I wouldn't trust anything posted on IMDB - certainly not on their forums - if you paid me. I note none of the larger movie sites have picked this up, so I'd trust them sooner than I'd trust a random IMDB post.

Also: is this leak meant to be part of a preview screening somewhere? Cos for an extended preview trailer, it sounds quite violent really; I'd wonder how legitimate it is based on the quite dark, violent tone of it all. Ending with Batman's back being broken.

They have to push it as much as they can in terms of violence, they need to get Bane's ferociousness across.

was reading that supposedly leaked prologue again today and i think its actually so perfect and bad ass, i really hope its true. then i was thinking about the teaser trailer again and i think that looks like the description giving in the prologue, i am referring to the end of the teaser trailer when bane is walking towards batman

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Conorp55

was reading that supposedly leaked prologue again today and i think its actually so perfect and bad ass, i really hope its true. then i was thinking about the teaser trailer again and i think that looks like the description giving in the prologue, i am referring to the end of the teaser trailer when bane is walking towards batman

So we could possibly be seeing Bane as one of the villians anyway ??? Im sure there would be more !!! Personally I'd love to see Mr Freeze as the villian, but not the 'Arnold' version, But that's just my opinion .... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

It sounds stupid to me. The Dialogue is especially bad, almost robotic or something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, the dialogue is terrible. And I have a hard time believing anyone would have such detailed description of the prologue this soon. But if it is fake it's a good fake, one which has a good chance of being reasonably accurate.

I like the idea of the film picking up immediately after the ending of TDK. It would allow them to skip over the events of Knightfall (Bane using Batman's foes to exhaust him before going in for the kill) by building on the fact that Batman is already exhausted from his confrontation with the Joker.
    Also, having Bane break Batman's back in the prologue would be a pretty mind-blowing way to start the film and could be used in the marketing instead of being a big spoiler that everyone would know in advance anyway.
    Nolan is very smart when it comes to plotting and this seems like the kind of thing he would do. So I don't know, maybe it is genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'd say that's a genuine leak... And if not, aside from the odd patch of bad dialogue, it's superb... The perfect setup....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

indough wrote: »
    It sounds stupid to me. The Dialogue is especially bad, almost robotic or something

When I read transcripts of the DKR teaser I was convinced it was rubbish... "now this evil rises" ... WTF was that I thought, Gordon would never say such hammy dialogue. How wrong I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, the dialogue is terrible. And I have a hard time believing anyone would have such detailed description of the prologue this soon. But if it is fake it's a good fake, one which has a good chance of being reasonably accurate.

I like the idea of the film picking up immediately after the ending of TDK. It would allow them to skip over the events of Knightfall (Bane using Batman's foes to exhaust him before going in for the kill) by building on the fact that Batman is already exhausted from his confrontation with the Joker.
    Also, having Bane break Batman's back in the prologue would be a pretty mind-blowing way to start the film and could be used in the marketing instead of being a big spoiler that everyone would know in advance anyway.
    Nolan is very smart when it comes to plotting and this seems like the kind of thing he would do. So I don't know, maybe it is genuine.

the dialogue is fairly sh1te in the TDK opening as well when you read it rather than hear it. especially the bank managers stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

http://tdkr.webs.com/apps/blog/show/9784124-new-prologue-description

A different description for the prologue, guessin they're both fake now

• Advertisement

Interesting, but I think it's another "educated" fake prologue just piecing together what we know so far and rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That one sounds brutal bad.....

I'd say they are both fake now, I though the 1st prologue that was posted was hard to believe, but this one even more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    That one sounds brutal bad.....

I'd say they are both fake now, I though the 1st prologue that was posted was hard to believe, but this one even more so.

I think the first one made no sense based on the set pics we have seen.

JGL's character looks to be involved in the movie
    before Batman's back would be broken - you see him in the cop uniform when Batman and Bane are involved in the fight, I just don't see what the point in his character is, as a normal cop, if Batman is rehabed and JGL is still a normal guy

yea i think people keep forgetting that a young ra's al ghul will appear in this movie so i would not be surprised if he appears in the prologue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

yea i think people keep forgetting that a young ra's al ghul will appear in this movie so i would not be surprised if he appears in the prologue

Haven't forgotten that, but didn't they cast a younger actor supposedly to play him???

If so, it might not be Liam Neeson in the prologue or flashbacks.

Where do these people claim to have seen the prologue anyways????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

I dot think it's fake, but that IMDB "leaked" prologue would be flipping epic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just reading about the first 6 minute IMAX 'trailer' or whatever you want to call it.

Not a chance I'd put myself through that :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm, so knowing that an actual 6-minute trailer will be released, I think that puts the lid on whether those "leaks" are real or not. Certainly the first one couldn't be fit within a 6 minute timeframe ... could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just reading about the first 6 minute IMAX 'trailer' or whatever you want to call it.

Not a chance I'd put myself through that :pac:

I genuinely dont understand watching 6 minutes of a film you wont get to see the rest of for months, 1 scene or a trailer yeah, but a few minutes of it out of context?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd watch a trailer but not 6 whole minutes worth, bound to be a bit spoilery like.

Advertisement