Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If You Could Bring In One Motoring Law...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

bigbadbear wrote: »
    Hey! HEY! i'm a better driver than anyone i'm yet to meet and i'm only on a full licence 3 years(40,000 miles). don't generalise like them dirty insurance companies!!!

I always laugh with mates saying how I'm actually a better driver when I have 3 pints on me than a good few people I know when they're sober! I would just love to actually drink drive on some kind of test track versus some of these people when they're sober to prove my point.

My law would be that you can drink drive in built up areas provided you don't go over 40or50km/h and don't have more than 3 pints or the equivalent for a person who currently goes over the limit at 1pint (basically 3 times the current ridiculously low limit)

What you think??

I think people who say stuff like that generally turn out to be shocking drivers when you actually see them driving:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Hey! HEY! i'm a better driver than anyone i'm yet to meet and i'm only on a full licence 3 years(40,000 miles). don't generalise like them dirty insurance companies!!!

I always laugh with mates saying how I'm actually a better driver when I have 3 pints on me than a good few people I know when they're sober! I would just love to actually drink drive on some kind of test track versus some of these people when they're sober to prove my point.

My law would be that you can drink drive in built up areas provided you don't go over 40or50km/h and don't have more than 3 pints or the equivalent for a person who currently goes over the limit at 1pint (basically 3 times the current ridiculously low limit)

What you think??

i smell a troll

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

i smell a troll

"I said My law would be........." problem?
    mooman wrote: »
    I think people who say stuff like that generally turn out to be shocking drivers when you actually see them driving

I agree. Do excuse my lack of modesty but i'm not a boy racer or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

my ones would be to ban the use of high powered SUV's and 4x4s for luxury. Too many of them around in this country.

Ban boy-racers off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Just read this thread. Not surprised now at the amount of road rage there is out there.

Don't have a law, just enforce the existing ones properly, 90% of posts in this thread are about existing laws anyway.

On an administration issue, driving license insurance and log book to be carried at all times. Car to be impounded otherwise. Some countries have two logbooks, usually a second smaller one to be carried in the car, this should be introduced here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

bijapos wrote: »
    Just read this thread. Not surprised now at the amount of road rage there is out there.

Don't have a law, just enforce the existing ones properly, 90% of posts in this thread are about existing laws anyway.

On an administration issue, driving license insurance and log book to be carried at all times. Car to be impounded otherwise. Some countries have two logbooks, usually a second smaller one to be carried in the car, this should be introduced here.

What would the advantage be of carrying the log book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

dont need more laws. if the ones we had were implemented properly and fully there would be no problem. same thing with drug money fuelled murders.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Provisional license >>> gone.

You either have a license and are allowd to drive or you don't.

It is impossible to check every car displaying an "L" that has only the driver in it.
    1000+ kilos of steel to be handled by people without a proper license. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

in favour of them having there traditions but can we make sulky drivers pass some sort of test before there allowed on the roads, not have 10 year olds hanging off tiny little carts holding up the traffic for ages:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Vertakill wrote: »
    Had to do a double take on that sentence.. ! :)

I'd make people over 65 have to re-sit a fairly straight-forward (10-15 mins) theory test (rules of the road, eye-sight, hearing etc) every 2 years and if they don't get a mark of, let's say, 70%, they've got to resit their driving test.

This wouldn't be too inconvenient at all considering most would be retired at that stage. For those 65+ that find it too inconvenient, we're more than happy that they give up their driving license entirely.
    The remainder who want to continue driving and are over 65 may need to skip a game of bingo in order to pop down to the driving test centre, however.

Might even warrant introducing it for the infamous 17-22 year old age group as well. Like a little bit of a refresher course that might serve to knock them down a peg or two if they've gotten too cocky since they passed their test.
    I know a lot of people can be great on the day of the driving test but everything they've learned goes out the window as they're driving home.
    well i 2nd that cos the little old ladies and gents were on the road when cars were just invented so they never realy knew or know the rules of the road, as for the just pass driving looneys they are leathol cos they are now let lose on the already conjested roads and they think they know it all, there is no such thing as the perfect driver cos every time you go on the road there are idiots who will do stupid things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

What would the advantage be of carrying the log book?

Proof of ownership, or proof that you have the right to be driving the car.

Advertisement