Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random stuff we likey!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

proper spicy noodles!

cold xmassy walks!

being understood, wanted and loved even at your overthinking moody worst! :) xxxx

War of the worlds show music, just found out about it and really really like it!!!

Stew!

tv and beers, alcoholic ginger beer!

cuddles and kisses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

That amazing smell in the air you get this time of year, Xmas trees and that cold freshness, love it :D

fun drunkie times, feels even better when you havent had a good few drinks in quite a while too :D

Trying my first cigar, an actual nice experience :)

War of the worlds!!!!

Cool markets youve never been to before, and coming out with heaps and heaps of stuff mostly dvds and costing very little :)

little shop of horrors, both versions but esp the 80s version :D made even better as i remember watching it first when i was about 4 on video :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Peeling dried in PVA glue from your fingers.

Muppet xmas carol!!!!! god i love this movie, forgot how much :D:)

Xmas food shopping, even though its packed in the shops its got kinda a xmassy feel so its fun!

Mulled wine, mince pies and brandy cream while watching xmassy movies!

Trifle for dinner! :)

Xmas eve eve, fred claus on dvd and some xmassy drinks!

Getting a personalised video message from santa, from the bf :D:):D

Nice wintery walk around Tara hill, and the spiritual shops there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just being able to be there to help people. Even if it's something as simple as a lift home or something, or something more such as being the shoulder to cry on when it's needed.

My mother often told me: "Just try to do one good deed a day." I try to do that. I'm not religious at all, but I think I'm a helluva lot more decent than a lot of religious people. I try to just do what's right, and failing that try to do what is less-wrong.

It has its benefits too; it is good to be a kind person. You feel good after it. Even when it is not appreciated/reciprocated (not that I go looking for that, it's just nice sometimes), it still gives you a sense that you are a decent person in indecent times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Love a nice warm cup of tea, first thing in the morning.

Homemade chocolate brownies! :D

"Ted" , yep its one of those movies that I could watch over and over and never get sick of, love it!!

Getting brilliant deals in techie items that are essential to me!

Black roses! :)

Stew on a cold cold day!

Sweet, and hopefully honest, words!

Indian food takeaway, a big feast of a thing, and even beer with it too :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Nothing nicer than homemade brownies :P

Valentines plans!

Sweeties and milka chocolate!

lucky bags!

Ice cream!

Angel pictures!

Travel plans!

Pizza!

Wagamama, big portions of yummy and maybe even healthy lunches! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

DazMarz wrote: »
    Just being able to be there to help people. Even if it's something as simple as a lift home or something, or something more such as being the shoulder to cry on when it's needed.

My mother often told me: "Just try to do one good deed a day." I try to do that. I'm not religious at all, but I think I'm a helluva lot more decent than a lot of religious people. I try to just do what's right, and failing that try to do what is less-wrong.

It has its benefits too; it is good to be a kind person. You feel good after it. Even when it is not appreciated/reciprocated (not that I go looking for that, it's just nice sometimes), it still gives you a sense that you are a decent person in indecent times.

Exactly - if I can go to bed in the belief that something I have done or said has made another person's day better, I will get a great night's sleep.

What's more, the deed/words might seem like very little to you but could mean the world to another person.

For example, I went to Rome a few years ago and brought home something as basic as a set of Rosary beads from the Vatican for a woman I knew who is very religious but also afraid of flying, thus preventing her from ever going to the place.

To me it was nothing special but she was almost in tears of joy when I gave them to her. Felt a hundred feet tall afterwards that she cherished it so much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

DazMarz wrote: »

Couldn't agree more - what a lovely post :)

Long walk down one of my favourite roads this morning, then get back to a fire going in the fireplace, big early healthy lunch and chatting with the dad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

Peeling an orange and managing not to pierce a segment with my fingernails. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Going home from work on Fridays :pac:
    Bubbly wine :D
    Luxurious starter-munches :o
    Tropical fruit!
    My Little Pony
    Wonderful boardsies
    My new car that I get to pick up next week
    Making friends with other soldiers
    Applying to college - despite getting older :pac:
    Feeling more positive about selected career path, even though it's not quite started yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Oh, and I love singing Westlife-songs in the shower :pac:
    ... it's not as loved by the people who has to hear it, but I don't care! :D

Getting my airsoft gun hello kittyified and pinkified! :D:)

Star Pizza, best deal and yummiest pizza Ive tasted so far methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tunage

Love putting on my new skinny jeans after losing 1 stone :-)

I also love how my dogs cuddle up on each other on the sofa even though they both weigh over 25kg each :-D

Love doing my hair and it NOT going static

Love a wee digestive biccy with some butter and a cuppa!

Glee and chocolate night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Ginger ale yummy and cinnamon swirls (lidl bakery had them but the last month I can't get them and that's all I crave been pregnant)

Hubby surprised me by makin some for me yesterday :-)

• Advertisement

Glee fruity drinks!! :D:):o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

Clipping my toe nails and pretending the clippings are toy soldiers and arranging them into different battalions and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Clipping my toe nails and pretending the clippings are toy soldiers and arranging them into different battalions and such.
    wtf!? lol.

Cosy day in of snoozeys and boxsets, and then a Twilight movie marathon, pizza, meringues and beers of a night for myself :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Not caring that kids are laughing at you for being on the carousel, cause you feel like Mary Poppins :P

Buffy dvds, chips, chocolate, and a glass of ice cold milk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

This probably is a very random thing but here it is anyway. I love the first shave with a new razor, if I was a millionaire I'd only ever use razors once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

This was one of those things that just makes me smile whenever I think about it.

Was out playing a round of golf with the uncle a few days ago. There was a guy playing solo just in front of us. We were waiting at the tee box, watching as he played the hole. He was trying to chip his ball out of the sand trap. After at least a dozen swings, a lot of displaced sand and a lot of swearing later, the guy roars "FÚCK IT!", breaks his sand wedge over his knee, flings it into the water hazard nearby. He then flings his whole set of golf clubs into the water. Before storming off, shrieking "Fúck! Fúck! Fúck!!!"

We giggled a bit, and teed off. A few minutes later, with both of us navigating the fairway, the same man reappears, looking very sheepish and embarrassed. He goes wading into the water hazard, recovering his golf bag. We silently acknowledged that he must have come to his senses. No point in leaving a set of clubs worth hundreds to rust in the water hazard.

But no, he simply rummages around in one of the pockets of the bag, retrieves a set of car keys, and then flings the bag back towards the centre of the hazard. He then walked off again, looking very calm and zen...

Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Their is a Holy Well just outside Millstreet (Cork) called Tubrid Well that I would frequent.

Anywhoo, today I was in the area so stopped off and walked around but had my hat and hoody on in the wind and rain. For anyone who is not familiar with Tubrid their is seriously fresh water from the springs and mugs aplenty provided for people also.

Today their was an elderly lady there who was en route out when she saw me kneel down by the springs, and came over and just said "and tell me, where is your coat?!" followed by "I probably shouldn't have said that" :D All I could say to the lovely lady was "No, you're grand. I just didn't bring one. Enjoy your Evening!".

Jeez, I'm still not auld enough for little auld ladies to not put me right :o Reminded me of my nan though who used insist on a coat in weather like we had today & my God was this elderly lady well wrapped too! :)

• Advertisement

Mtv movie awards :D, one of the very few times Il actually watch Mtv these days!

Advertisement