Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Luck In Exams 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

bythewoods wrote: »
    I'm wasting so much time on Anatomy, it just takes me hours to learn ANYTHING, eughhhhhh.

Anatomy is a bitch like that. A lot of effort has to be put in to make any progress. If its any consolation, second year anatomy is harder again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Anatomy is a bitch like that. A lot of effort has to be put in to make any progress. If its any consolation, second year anatomy is harder again. :)

Thanks, I feel an awful lot better now...

It's all going to be fine. It'll be fine. I'm actually quite confident about Anatomy now! Going to DR the shizz out of it tomorrow and confound all my newfound knowledge. It'll be fine....

...:(

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

bythewoods wrote: »
    Going to DR the shizz out of it tomorrow and confound all my newfound knowledge.
    I hope you mean compound your knowledge :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Oh ****! :(

• Advertisement

Kwekubo, can you remember the sort of questions that came up in the microbiology exam in the lab sessions. Have mine tomorrow.
    Im expecting questions like, what does CLED stand for, miles misra calculation, number of microbes deemed significant in a MSU sample, handwashing technique, e.t.c.

Anything out of the ordinary come up last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Some days it's just so hard to get motivated even when you have the fear of an exam in a couple of days. Horrible, all you can do is hope tomorrow is better I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Kwekubo, can you remember the sort of questions that came up in the microbiology exam in the lab sessions. Have mine tomorrow.
    Im expecting questions like, what does CLED stand for, miles misra calculation, number of microbes deemed significant in a MSU sample, handwashing technique, e.t.c.

Anything out of the ordinary come up last year?
    That stuff sounds about right, yeah. Can't really remember much other than it was really straightforward. Know the handbook backwards and you're laughing.

Great. I know the handbook pretty well.
    33% of our total microbiology score seems a lot for 30 mcq's but if they're as easy as Dr. Smith makes them out to be Im not complaining.

I do medicine, NOT ENGLISH.... AND I'M SLEEP DEPRIVED.

I'm so mad with myself for typing something so stupid, ha! LEAVE ME ALONE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I frickin love anatomy! Find it easiest out of all my subjects. I dunno, I guess I've a good study thing going with one of my classmates.

Not looking forward to neuroanatomy though. :eek:

Hope the exams went well. 2 more to go for me. WHoOoO!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Larianne wrote: »
    I frickin love anatomy!

Really?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Really?

:pac:

Yes. I don't really get why one wouldn't. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

So em, when are repeats exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Gerty wrote: »
    So em, when are repeats exactly?

They begin the week of August 30th.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Anyone know when the results will be? Doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the calendar.

I think near the end of June as far as i've heard.

If you have to repeat, do you have to repeat them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

August 30th- sept. 10th.....well i'm assuming repeats is the colloquial term for supplement exams?

http://www.tcd.ie/vp-cao/teo/vpteoovex.php

...i'll be seeing you there by the looks of it :o

• Advertisement

yeah but the one thing i don't get is do you have to take all the tests again or just the one's failed?

yeah but the one thing i don't get is do you have to take all the tests again or just the one's failed?

Just the one you failed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

First exam tomorrow. Oh god. Very little work done...I'll take 6 IIIs please Mr. Examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Mark200 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the results will be? Doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the calendar.
    According to the SF science booklet, Annual Examination Results are published on the Friday the 11th of June.

Jammyc wrote: »
    According to the SF science booklet, Annual Examination Results are published on the Friday the 11th of June.

Not long actually :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dabh

I think near the end of June as far as i've heard.

If you have to repeat, do you have to repeat them all?

Be warned that regulations governing repeats vary from course to course.

Some courses will require people to repeat those papers, and only those papers in which they failed. Others require those who fail the Annual Examination to repeat all papers, or to repeat all papers in a particular subject that they have failed. There is no common policy across College.

Also some courses allow compensation between papers, others don't.

Unless possibly you are posting in a course-specific thread, don't rely on responses on boards. Check your departmental handbook, or maybe with the College Calendar. And if that doesn't answer your query, check with your department(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Our results are out June 1st. Very efficient I must say!

We're getting a provisional list of who failed at the end of next week apparently. For today's exam and tomorrows at least.

Tomorrow will be the most painful day ever. Gawwwwwd I hate Biochemistry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

If results come out on the day of my 21st, I'll ignore them for at least a week. Have already cancelled plans to head to France, and Rock En Seine.:( Best of luck to everyone who is still going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misslily

Mark200 wrote: »

There will be a pdf of all the dates of results publication put up here https://www.tcd.ie/Examinations/Results/vpexamresults.php in the next few days. According to the exams office they are waiting on just a few departments to get back to them.

Advertisement