Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Luck In Exams 2010

Options
  • 25-04-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Just a thread to wish all boardsies the very best in the exams over the next few weeks, vent your enthusiasm/frustration right here, and let us all know how they go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

+ a million, good luck to everyone here!

Why, oh god WHY did I not do pure Maths? Maths I can study. You just *do* maths. I can manage that, I cannot manage all these WORDS that Physics is shoving in my face. I'm sure it's not difficult.. but I have somewhere around 45ish lectures to cover, and my exam is at 9.30am tomorrow. T minus 10 hours..

Does any TP type in any other year know if we actually have to pass the physics papers themselves, or can CA pull you up? 'cause I've pretty much passed on CA alone, but I've heard from some lecturers that we need to pass the papers.. It doesn't say this anywhere though.. ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

CJTobin wrote: »
    Just a thread to wish all boardsies the very best in the exams over the next few weeks, vent your enthusiasm/frustration right here, and let us all know how they go.

Seconded. I think I'm okay with my papers, but I do wish I'd done a lot more reading during the year instead of cramming most of it in the week before...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Aye indeed; best of luck to all. Stop procrastinating on boards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I approve of this message. So very much to do over the next fortnight...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dabh

CJTobin wrote: »

...whilst bearing in mind that this is a publicly accessible forum. You have no way of knowing who might be lurking out there, or whose real identities are known to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Good luck all... stay sane(ish), imbibe much caffeine, get plenty of sleep, etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Why, oh god WHY did I not do pure Maths?
    Welcome to TP! :p

In terms of passing papers, I think you have to get at least 35% to pass by compensation. Not sure though. If you remember leaving cert physics you SHOULD be able to get 35%, theoretically.

Schols destroyed my self-discipline (by using it all up, I guess), so I've been playing computer games all evening. Oh well... FIrst exam isn't until Thursday, so there is time.

Good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Not startin til Wednesday, need all the luck I can get tbh.

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

ronivek wrote: »
    Aye indeed; best of luck to all. Stop procrastinating on boards!!!

:eek:. wow. How did you do that?

:D

Welcome to TP! :p

In terms of passing papers, I think you have to get at least 35% to pass by compensation. Not sure though. If you remember leaving cert physics you SHOULD be able to get 35%, theoretically.

Schols destroyed my self-discipline (by using it all up, I guess), so I've been playing computer games all evening. Oh well... FIrst exam isn't until Thursday, so there is time.

Good luck everyone!

Aye, know about the compensation, wasn't sure if I definitely had to pass the papers.. I already have ~37% built up in physics before I go into the exam, but I figure I have to pass the papers too, unfortunately.. And it's been 3 years nearly since I did leaving cert physics at this stage.. :(

Mmm, gaming - I'm not a fan but it's looking tempting as a mode of procrastination.. Good luck with your exams! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Good luck everyone, and to help bolster you towards getting through them, I finished my exams on Thursday last and it feels great to be done for the summer.

Just get through them and don't be nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Kwekubo wrote: »
    I approve of this message. So very much to do over the next fortnight...

On the plus side, you're getting like, 1000% of your RDA of B12 everyday as a result...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

bythewoods wrote: »
    On the plus side, you're getting like, 1000% of your RDA of B12 everyday as a result...

And you know that that's essential for the formation of red blood cells.

Thank god that the stomach's vital function in secreting intrinsic factor causes absorption of B12 is the distal ileum. Thank. God.

[/exam-related nervous breakdown]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Exactly.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

2 hours sleep last night.

Exam at 9.

Exam at 9.

Sleep won out over study for me! >.< That exam was a large pile of meh - they left out half of the special relativity questions on the paper, and we didn't get them for quite a while. I wish we were allowed to do the mechanics questions on the paper.. Ah well, hopefully what I did remember will pull me through anyway! I can but hope at this point.

Hope everyone else who had an exam this morning got on ok! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Exam at 9.

you left my apartment at 11..... what were you doing?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Groinshot wrote: »
    you left my apartment at 11..... what were you doing?????

Couldn't sleep.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

dabh wrote: »
    ...whilst bearing in mind that this is a publicly accessible forum. You have no way of knowing who might be lurking out there, or whose real identities are known to them.

<_< >_>

Dudley, if you're out there, that Macro part today was a tricky bastard. And go easy on Friday. Please, no crazy stuff. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

First exam tomorrow; the panic has well and truly begun. Must find a chicken to make a sacrifice to the exam gods so the paper will be nice; because if it deviates in any way from the last couple of years I'm royally screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

1 down 3 to go.

That was an easy exam.. if I had of studied the sections that came up! Damn it.

Best of luck ye'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any other courses have a change in the number of questions asked and time as well.
    i had my easiest exam today a simple engineering management one, do 3 out of 5 in 2 hours (was 4 out 6 in the 3 hour) most barely got it done and a good few people did not. don't know what these idiots were thinking changing the exam. i have 8 real exams coming up this is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

9 more for me starting with Vertebrate Form and Function this morning. Ugh, xmas exams please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Relatively relaxed considering how fooked I am.
    Must start psychiatry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Relatively relaxed considering how fooked I am.
    Must start psychiatry. :(

On the plus side, you guys still have 3 feckin' weeks before ye start!

I still have a week to go before I start...
    I'm wasting so much time on Anatomy, it just takes me hours to learn ANYTHING, eughhhhhh.
    And I'm getting so unbelievably freaked out about Biochemistry..... I really really REALLY don't want to have to repeat it... and all I have to do is scrape a pass, but ahhhhh... I HATE DNA!!

I was a lot more relaxed, too relaxed even, but now that all the girls I live with have started their exams I'm getting the butterfly sensation about my ones. SOB.

rant/ whinge/ bitch/ sob

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

In case you didn't know, maths is ****. (sorry OP)

That is all.

just-joe wrote: »
    In case you didn't know, maths is ****. (sorry OP)

That is all.

Bad exam, or just general hatred at this point? I'm almost looking forward to studying maths (which I should have started by now.. >.<) as it means I'm finally away from physics. Such sweet, sweet relief to have those two papers out of the way.

2 down, 3 to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Bad exam, or just general hatred at this point?

Both. Its just generally crap in every way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

bythewoods wrote: »

And pantothenic acid, so the can tells me.

Advertisement