Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theories about Amy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think the fact that we haven't seen Amy's Aunt, and we suspect she's dead, is pretty suspect...I keep thinking Prisoner Zero gave her the impression she had an Aunt...although no one was ever really there...

Actually, come to think about, who would have referred Amy to the Therapist....when she started talking about the Doctor...obviously the Aunt was embarrassed at the little girl who talked so much about a "spaceman" and that's why she spent years in therapy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Yeah, thats what I think MC. Although I wonder if Amy is a multi-form. That would be mad.

There was a scene in the first episode where a shadowed figure passes across the kitchen window, just as the Tardis is about to leave. Shadow of a woman.

Bumping this thread as I am certain that there is something odd about Amy.

does it not bother your that your life does not make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,956 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The rest of her family could have gotten swallowed up by the crack in her wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

There is something odd about just how much Doctor related stuff there is in her room. It makes me suspicious. It looks like a setup which makes me think it's some sort of illusion.

I also wonder about the Aunt. Like leaving a little girl on her own, in episode one, always struck me as very, very odd.

• Advertisement

I also wonder about the Aunt. Like leaving a little girl on her own, in episode one, always struck me as very, very odd.

Oh, the Aunt does not exist, I am certain...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm leaning toward this now too, which saddens me.

Wanted her to just be an ordinary girl...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I kinda thought River Song could be Auntie...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm really interested in what the doctor said "Does it bother you your life makes no sense?". I hope she turns out to be something interesting, I'll be disappointed if she's just a normal girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah I put money on the Aunt not existing....and a side bet that her "parents" never did either. From what the Doctor says about her life not making sense, the house thats too big and no people, no ducks in the pond, the fact the cracks follow her (otherwise how come they dont appear in any of the previous series), she has her accent after so many years (standing out, defining her as not like everyone else nearby...not human?). And how come the problems with the Tardis are all to do with her now on/off wedding day? If Rory just never existed then it would have been another average day with no significance.

Probably to do with the large amounts of Doctor related stuff in her room, she could have created an artificial psychic realm where she adventures with the Doctor, where she escapes the bland life she has. But how come the picture of Rory in the centurion outfit still exists if he never did?

Would be a real kicker if Saturdays episode starts with Amy waking up and "It was all a dream....." :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    the fact the cracks follow her (otherwise how come they dont appear in any of the previous series)

Didn't the Doctor note how nobody seemed to remember the events of The Next Doctor (with the giant Cyber-King over London). I think they were hinting that a crack appeared there wiping it out of existence, therefore nobody remembered it. But Amy wasn't involved in that. I'd say the cracks are following the Tardis rather than Amy. Although one did appear in her room before the Tardis first landed there

A crack appeared at the end of the Lodger as well with no Amy around. So it looks like they were following the Doctor rather than Amy. Or maybe it's simply a case of seeing patterns that aren't there. The cracks are appearing everywhere in the universe and every time Amy sees one, she simply assumes it's the same crack following her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

But how come the picture of Rory in the centurion outfit still exists if he never did?

Very well spotted. Wonder whether thats just a mistake.

Very well spotted. Wonder whether thats just a mistake.

it seems like a mistake, although Moffat makes very few of those. I wonder if River Song has somehow gone into the other universe, the one with Rory, the one without a crack.

EDIT: or a crack to the universe where the Doctor is. Anyway one of these universes blows up, not t'other.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Ah! So many theories! So little time!
    Probably to do with the large amounts of Doctor related stuff in her room, she could have created an artificial psychic realm where she adventures with the Doctor, where she escapes the bland life she has. :(

I know people were wondering about the DreamLord. The Doctor is fairly certain that the DreamLord is him. But what if he's Amy's version of Evil!him. The choice becames Amy's after all, so the DreamLord could be considered Amy centered, and he pokes at her niggles that she doesn't know his real name.
    Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Sadly I do wonder about Amy mainly cause she seems to have this knack to solve the major problems over the last two episodes - with a better intuition than the Doctor.

Her fixation with the Doctor is strange - after meeting for a few hours as a child she wants to leave with him...again the day before she gets married she jumps at the chance to leave with him... Creating all the stuff about the doctor as a kid.

Both of these also point to this being all her own physic dream...
    Stark wrote: »
    Well in Father's Day, Rose couldn't be seen by Rose from five minutes ago as that would create a paradox.

But the paradox was that the earlier Rose hadn't seen her later self, which caused the paradox. Also, she couldn't hold herself cos she wasn't really meant to be there - a paradox caused by her saving her fathers life.
    johnciall wrote: »
    My current theory is that the doctor fell through one of the cracks in the universe curtosy of a crashing tardis and is in an AU where the daleks never stole earth

Does that mean this is a universe where Rose is still a shop girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

. But how come the picture of Rory in the centurion outfit still exists if he never did?
    :(

Didn't they all exist as fragments of Amy's memories? The Romans were based on her childhood memories, she has shown signs of almost remembering Rory before this (crying with Van Gogh for example) so maybe he never ceased to exist entirely, but was an unconscious memory of sorts, that's now come to the fore to save 'em all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭jasonb

Pittens wrote: »
    Oh, the Aunt does not exist, I am certain...

I'm probably wrong, but I thought I remembered seeing a promo for the last 2 episodes of this season that had an actress I recognised ( but for the life of me can't remember now ) in a scene. While watching the promo I assumed she was the Aunt. Did anyone else see this?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

nicowa wrote: »
    Does that mean this is a universe where Rose is still a shop girl?

I never said when the AU split but yeah she could be

jasonb wrote: »
    I'm probably wrong, but I thought I remembered seeing a promo for the last 2 episodes of this season that had an actress I recognised ( but for the life of me can't remember now ) in a scene. While watching the promo I assumed she was the Aunt. Did anyone else see this?

J.

Aha, here's the video I saw! The actress is from Green Wing, not sure why I thought she was the Aunt, just a feeling I got, but she's there at 0:30...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JaibTLmP20

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

jasonb wrote: »
    Aha, here's the video I saw! The actress is from Green Wing, not sure why I thought she was the Aunt, just a feeling I got, but she's there at 0:30...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JaibTLmP20

The bit at 0:30 is a clip from The Eleventh Hour, Prisoner Zero took the form of a woman and her two children while in the hospital. Amy was the first person to encounter Prisoner Zero in this guise, and she would probably have reacted a lot worse on realising that her aunt and two cousins were being puppeteered by an intergalactic murderer. :p

I'm not sure if we'll ever see the aunt, really. She might not be living with Amy in 2010. Considering how curious the Doctor is about Amy's life, she may never have existed at all! Can't wait to find out more on Saturday!

• Advertisement

Ah, yes! Now I remember that clip. Thanks a lot!

J.

Maybe we should have a thread on Theories about the finale? It has gone past Amy at this point, although she is relevant. Essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I thought Amy did not know who the DÅLEK were, but in the 2nd last episode she know who they were only by the voice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

She recognised them from hearing them in WW2 episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

She would also recognise them from City of the Daleks, the first downloadable DW game. Supposedly it takes place somewhere between Vincent & The Doctor and The Pandorica Opens, so she's tackled many an angry salt-shaker at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

But how come the picture of Rory in the centurion outfit still exists if he never did?

Would be a real kicker if Saturdays episode starts with Amy waking up and "It was all a dream....." :(

In the last episode the Doctor says something about how no one can be completly erased from time and things like half eaten dinners and photographs can remain behind.

Or engagement rings.

I assumed that the only reason the ring was still around was because it was inside the Tardis. If Amy's house is something of a Tardis then maybe that's why it didn't get erased. Doubt it tho. think its just a mistake/not important.

Amy was in the TARDIS as well though and her memories were erased.

• Advertisement

Well its hardly an exact science but if we are gonna nit pick then I'd say its because he was being erased from time before she got into the Tardis.! :p

I don't think it really matters in the grand scheme of things. Although I do think that someone would and should point this out during production if indeed it is just an overlooked plot hole. It may be explained next week. :confused:

Advertisement