Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theories about Amy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

And the duckless duck pond. That means something. Amelia may well be a transformed duck. From a pond.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,947 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I honestly thought 'Duck Pond' was just a lead into the end of The Eleventh Hour, 'Duck (Amy) Pond'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I was reading in her interview in the latest SFX mag - the one where Terry Practett has a go at current Who (he probably forgot all the good bits) - that Karen Gillen will never appear in FHM.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

the one where Terry Practett has a go at current Who (he probably forgot all the good bits)

Dude not cool

• Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Pittens wrote: »
    And the duckless duck pond. That means something. Amelia may well be a transformed duck. From a pond.

/thread

I wish I could thank that more than once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Any chance she IS the Pandorica?

Would River Strong not have mentioned to the Doctor. Pssst red head. Pandorica. Work it out.

She might not know it's her? It could be hidden within amy,just like dawn in buffy the vampire slayer. She was the key in human form etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I'm just going to leave this here.......

YWqVz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm just going to leave this here.......

YWqVz.jpg

zOMG! They either have a really tight prop budget this season *scoff* or River Song is an older Amy Pond.

Y'know it's funny my girlfriend was only saying that the other day after seeing the new angels episode.

• Advertisement

Wow.

Although I suspect that watch thing was a wardrobe error ( or a cheap deal on watches in Cardiff when the girls went out for lunch) , it could be that they are PLAYING WITH OUR MINDS and then pretending it's a wardrobe error.

Shocking!

That would be two watch "error" so far......
    Pittens wrote: »
    Wow.

Although I suspect that watch thing was a wardrobe error ( or a cheap deal on watches in Cardiff when the girls went out for lunch) , it could be that they are PLAYING WITH OUR MINDS and then pretending it's a wardrobe error.

Shocking!

Achilles wrote: »
    zOMG! They either have a really tight prop budget this season *scoff* or River Song is an older Amy Pond.

Y'know it's funny my girlfriend was only saying that the other day after seeing the new angels episode.

Would the two of them together not create a paradox?

angelll wrote: »
    Would the two of them together not create a paradox?

I thought it was only Doctors crossing time streams that would cause a paradox?

Sorry i'm a new post 2005 era Who fan. Not that the originals made much sense in canon terms anyway ;-)

I thought time paradox(i?) only happen when both people are aware who they are?

Well in Father's Day, Rose couldn't be seen by Rose from five minutes ago as that would create a paradox.
    Papa Smut wrote: »
    I thought time paradox(i?) only happen when both people are aware who they are?

Hmm, dunno. Anyway, you would think the Doctor would be able to recongise River Song as Amy, only a few years older. She couldn't have changed that much. And it would take away from the character of "Amy, the Scottish girl living in England all her life but never lost her accent".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,947 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not to forget that Rose couldn't touch her baby self in Fathers day and here River clearly hugs Amy on the instruction of The Doctor

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

you're all right and none of you are right.

Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey.

Problem solved. :)

Still want Amy to just be a girl though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It could be that River is a decendant of Amy hence why Amy must get married to yer man who is trying to look to much like Mork.

The Doctor could be a kleptomaniac who steals Amy's watch and gives it to River Song in a future meeting, while also stealing a new watch off a dead guy for good measure.

"I just saved everyone's life. Yeah, shoot me, I took that guy's watch".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

Im not usually one for looking too deep into characters, never bought into the wilfred Mott - time lord theories, but the Amy Pond = River song theory intrigues me, it could be moffat playing about here but there's 3 things in particular I've noticed, one's the already mentioned fairytale link, the second was when the doctor and amy were talking about being a mad man with a box which could maybe be linked to rivers conversation with octavian

Octavian: Dr Song, I've lost good clerics today. You trust this man?
    River Song: I absolutely trust him.
    Octavian: He's not some kind of madman then?
    River Song: I absolutely trust him.

From what I remember river paused before giving a response

the 3rd was the clicking of the fingers to open the tardis, River said her doctor could do this. On screen we've only seen this happen on 2 occasions, the first being when he was originally informed about the trick, and the second it a sort of showing off fashion as he takes amy onto the tardis at the end of the 11th hour.

Sorry if the posts hard to read, I've been writing it up on my phone and I didn't expect it to be so long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I really hope Amy's not River, I'm not sure why but I really hate that idea...maybe because I'm sick of companion/Doctor romances and so far Amy, although clearly fancying the Doctor, has made it pretty clear she doesn't want a relationship with him.

Of course it could just be a wardrobe malfunction although, as someone said earlier, two in one episode relating to watches would be a bit odd. I'm hoping that, if it's not a mistake, Moffat was watching a lot of How I Met Your Mother and decided to throw in a few Red Herrings. :p

I know this is a bit out of left field but I can't shake the idea that Amy is the Doctor and River's daughter. It'd make the kiss a bit weird though I suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I know this is a bit out of left field but I can't shake the idea that Amy is the Doctor and River's daughter. It'd make the kiss a bit weird though I suspect.

Or River could be the Doctor's and Amy's daughter.

I jest

What about her not knowing about the Dalek invasion?

I reckon we're in an alternate dimension at the moment... or time is being deleted or rewritten somehow because of the crack in the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I reckon we're in an alternate dimension at the moment... or time is being deleted or rewritten somehow because of the crack in the universe.

I am thinking that the doctor fell through the crack in the universe, when the tardis was out of control

If the Doctors pass is rewritten { I know he remembers it all} does that mean there is a possibility he will get more regenerations ?

/Crap Back to Amy:

I think there is something about Amy and Amy's house.... but I don't think she is either the Doctors daughter / Mother / Sister....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If the Doctors pass is rewritten { I know he remembers it all} does that mean there is a possibility he will get more regenerations ?

I think they're delibrately ignoring the 13 regenerations thing. I don't think a number has been mentioned since the start of the series (bear in mind including the Master, Jenny, meta crisis BS and 8 to 9 off screen we've had 6 regeneration scenarios. That's alot of time to engage in some plot exposition about it if they wanted to).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

/Crap Back to Amy:

I think there is something about Amy and Amy's house.... but I don't think she is either the Doctors daughter / Mother / Sister....
    In the first episode it flashed through all 10 previous doctors, so they can;t really pretend they never happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The Master was offered a new cycle of regenerations in The Five Doctors (1983) so there's precedent and it's at least possible (assuming they weren't lying to him). Mind you, the offer was from the Timelords, who are now in a time-lock but then as the last surviving Timelord, the Doctor might be able to play by his own rules and stay within the bounds of consistency.

He was occupying the body of Tremas following the events in The Keeper of Traken (1981) so was in a non-Timelord body at the time of any new cycle but I rather doubt they'll make that relevant as try explaining that to newbies as a possible way around the rule. The Master has regenerated at least once since (Derek Jacobi to John Simm in Utopia) and as The Deadly Assassin (1976) explicitly stated he was in his 13th incarnation, this has to be at the very least an extra one. I'm discounting his appearances in the movie (which I haven't seen) and in Utopia played by Jacobi as they could well be occupations rather than a regeneration but the regeneration at the end of Utopia was explicitly seen on screen.

I suspect they'll either just ignore the previously stated limit when the bridge has to be crossed or else, given that it's been mentioned countless times over the years, explain it simply and keep on going. I reckon the latter and the easiest way to explain it is as a result of him being the last Timelord so he and his Tardis can make their own rules together (the importance of the Tardis in regeneration has been highlighted more than once over the years). After all, in The Waters of Mars, he declared that the laws of space and time were his to command with his being the last Timelord, even if Adelaide Brooke followed that with a nice demo of the continuance of individual free will.

Then again, the show could be cancelled by then, you never know. I reckon it's unlikely but it could happen, depends on how long Matt Smith and his eventual successor stay on.

All rather off-topic really, sorry about that:)

Advertisement