Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin cam; hatching expected to start Sunday April 25th

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 thewildlife

Thats amazinggg, thank you so much for this link, its great. :D
    Ya, its incredable but I wonder about the light being on all night. I was watching the other night at 1 am and the mother kept looking up at the light. You could see it in her eye. It seemed to be disturbing or frightening her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

My security software doesn't allow me see this webcam but if there is a light on 24/7 - WHY? That would be nonsense and grossly unfair to the birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Will look again tonight but I thought that there was a slight deterioration of colour quality at night which would suggest a high quality camera capable of night vision rather than the greeny grain look a cheaper quality night camera can give.

I have seen the high quality cameras used on a few Dutch sites and the nests are as easy to see at night as during the day.

As for the robin looking up at the camera hole, I have a far more basic camera system in some of my nest boxes and birds do the same thing. They turn like they have seen something and stare upwards, even in the boxes where the cameras are side mounted.

I think that it is more likely that they have heard something and are trying to figure out what it is and where it is coming from.

As for the glint on the eyes, even at night glints can be picked up by night vision cameras. There may be an outside light source, a street light or house light, that is causing the glint as it is an open fronted nest box.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Just had a look at the blue tit webcam - am I right in thinking that there are a couple of eggs there now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Having a look at the Blue Tit cam now the mammy seems to be trying to make the nest comfy, so we could get to see some eggs soon. Don't know if theres any there yet.

here's the link.

blue1lg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Seems to be a number of eggs laid now...maybe around 5...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

The robin chicks are pushing each other around in the nest ,..... the nest is too small at the moment !

I wonder where Mom is right now at 1.30am ??

It really looks like one is going to jump out of the nest at any moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

The blue tit just left her nest but not before gently putting a feather over the eggs :) I'm assuming it's her own... fell out or pulled out?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

Can the wee robins see yet? Some seem to be poking their heads over the parapet.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

They've left the nest! Is it normal for them to be doing this just as it's getting dark?
    Also we finally found out what happened to the fifth egg :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alang184

At 9.15pm they were still in the next. At 10.15pm (May 6th) they were gone. Shame; I could have recorded the whole thing if I was still watching.

It does seem a bit strange for them to leave so late in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Advertisement